"Dead" Woman Found Alive After Medical Mix-Up.......YES this happened again.

sleutherontheside

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
In a situation is eerily similar to the Whitney Cerak and Laura Van Ryn....the Taylor U. students in a 2006 van crash......another family just found out that their daughter did not die in an accident.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/25/dead-woman-alive-medical-mix/?test=latestnews

But officials incorrectly identified Guerra at the scene and informed her family of her death -- even though the medical examiner's office had refused to confirm her identity until they could compare her medical records, according to KPHO.com.

That process took nearly a week, with officials blaming a backlog of patients and shortage of doctors for the delay.

"It's a bad dream, and hopefully it's gonna have a great happy ending. That's what we're praying for so," Cisneros said.

However, the mix-up also had ramifications for family and friends of Cantu, who were keeping a vigil at the bedside of a girl they now know is Guerra.

I feel for both families involved in this tragedy. The women must have been very injured, to cause the family/friends not to realize the person in the bed was not related to them.

Sad, all the way around.

How horrible for both families. I'm sure we all never thought we'd see a story lilike this again.

I hope Abby will make it through ok.

I feel for both families involved in this tragedy. The women must have been very injured, to cause the family/friends not to realize the person in the bed was not related to them.

Sad, all the way around.

The surviving girl has sever facial injuries according to the article.

From the link above:
"But officials incorrectly identified Guerra at the scene and informed her family of her death -- even though the medical examiner's office had refused to confirm her identity until they could compare her medical records, according to KPHO.com."

It was medical personnel who screwed up... the medical examiner hadn't even identified the dead girl yet. I think the "medical personnel" should have waited before messing with two families lives.

From the link above:
"But officials incorrectly identified Guerra at the scene and informed her family of her death -- even though the medical examiner's office had refused to confirm her identity until they could compare her medical records, according to KPHO.com."

It was medical personnel who screwed up... the medical examiner hadn't even identified the dead girl yet. I think the "medical personnel" should have waited before messing with two families lives.
Why does it take so long for a medical examiner?
A week is a really long time to wait for an ID not knowing if the family member is alive or dead. And a family member might have to make medical decisions regarding a surviving injured person, if that person is unable to communicate.

The medical personnel really dropped the ball and their actions are unforgivable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back