Boy hangs self hours after child abuse investigators visit

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Los Angeles County records show an 11-year-old boy hanged himself with a jump rope last month just hours after mental health and child abuse investigators had visited him.
A story in Sunday's Los Angeles Times says the investigators lacked key information on the boy because of communication difficulties at the Department of Children and Family Services.

http://www.kgun9.com/global/story.asp?s=12866886

How awful. There is a whole lot more to this story. This child asked for help... told his teacher and no one was able to help him. So terribly sad. :(

It must have taken a lot of courage for this little boy to ask for help and I'm sure he was terrified when they came to his home and his step father was there. Rest in peace little man, you don't have to be courageous any more.

Oh goodness, how heartbreaking. Poor little guy. RIP, I'm so sorry help didn't reach you in time.

From the OPs link:

On June 11, the workers visited the home of Jorge Tarin in Montebello after he told a school counselor he wanted to kill himself.

They did not learn until after the suicide that the stepfather who answered the door had a history of drug abuse and domestic violence and a court had barred him from living in the home.

One of the department's 2,400 tablet computers could have provided the information, but most sit unused because of a shortage of wireless cards.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Another Death due to the Department of Children and Family Services.When are people going to wake up and do something about these agencies that are IMO a joke.They lie and cover up their own backsides, and protect themselves and their paychecks but not the children.

This is wrong. This poor boy was left with his abusers after the stepfather and mother were confronted by police and a social worker. The whole story is in this article. This mother had been on the CPS radar since Jorge was born. He had been reunited after 15 months in foster care to an apt. with his abusers. Disgusting and Pathetic.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-child-death-20100725,0,939247.story?track=rss

RIP, little Jorge. They cannot hurt you now.

This child was so miserable that he thought about killing himself. I do just have to wonder if he actually hung himself or if this stepfather had anything to do with it, tho.

WHEN are these children going to be really listened to when they sound the alarm? He was another victim of the Department of Children and Family Services as far as I am concerned. It is too little, too late for this little boy.

:furious:

Another system failure - how very sad!!!

On June 11, the workers visited the home of Jorge Tarin in Montebello after he told a school counselor he wanted to kill himself.

If we don't listen to our children - who will :(

Mel

RIP little man, you are finally safe in Jesus' arms forever.

This is wrong. This poor boy was left with his abusers after the stepfather and mother were confronted by police and a social worker. The whole story is in this article. This mother had been on the CPS radar since Jorge was born. He had been reunited after 15 months in foster care to an apt. with his abusers. Disgusting and Pathetic.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-child-death-20100725,0,939247.story?track=rss

That is the saddest story I feel I have ever read.

How could an 11 year old boy be so hopeless.

Hits instead of hugs.

shoes instead of tickles.

hangers instead of kisses.

Every day for 11 years. 4000 days with no hugs, kisses, or tickles.

4000 plus days of pain, on his body, in his heart, in his mind.

Telling him how unloved, and how unimportant he was.

Good nothing but to be beat on.

He knew his statement of death would not help him.

He knew he had no hope.

A feeble attempt by his school, by LE, by social worker of the week.

I've had enough. I haven't wanted to wake up for such a long time.

So he does to himself what he has been taught.

How fitting he used his mother's bedroom closest,

where she keeps her hangers, and her shoes.

What a brave, broken, hopeless young man.

OMG. Another baby fallen through the cracks.

HOW many more will it take to make people pay attention?

Poor little angel.

heartbreaking! That poor kid!

Umm, I hope they checked out that it was really suicide, fwiw.

I would speak up and attempt to defend CPS in some small way here, BUT apparently this child has been on their radar since he was born!!!

This is one of the scariest things about child abuse to me - a child tells, Social Workers come, parents are in trouble, and Social Worker leaves, leaving the child to face the anger of the parents!

Maybe it should be mandatory the child is taken from the home for a day? To let that anger dispel and to allow for more time to talk to the child? I don't know - it is difficult to be so heavy handed, but it is even more difficult to lose a child.

Why does Social Services give a child back after he has been removed from the home? Maybe we need stricter rules there - if you beat, starve or molest your child and CPS removes them from the home, the child is NEVER returned to that home.

I hope both mom and step-dad are brought up on charges and do time, lots of it.

RIP Jorge - may the angels keep you forever,

Salem

The only way any of this and other stories like this make sense is the abuser wants control. They obviously don't want the child nor do they have love in their hearts. Anyone that has a heart would never harm another being. It just breaks my heart every time I hear one of these stories. I just wish there was such a thing as an eye for an eye law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back