1005 users online (187 members and 818 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,397

    Woman Gives Birth At Starbucks In Colorado Springs

    woman who left a Starbucks in Colorado Springs may have had a tall order, but it had nothing to do with coffee.

    Police Sgt. Mark Stevens says the 42-year-old woman, whose name was not released, walked into a Starbucks near the Garden of the Gods and gave birth about noon Friday in the bathroom.

    http://cbs4denver.com/watercooler/Wo...2.1824129.html

    I'm not sure what to think here, was this woman trying to pretend that she was not pregnant, so that she could ultimitly get away with disposing this little one? Or was she just simply not wanting to draw attention to herself?
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  2. #2
    How strange she didn't scream/cry/ask for help. I'd wonder if she was attempting to cover up the birth as well. For now I'll keep my fingers crossed this is truly a wanted child and he/she has the greatest mother on the planet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,051
    I hope for the best in this too.

    On a lighter note........many college kids would love to say that they were born in Starbucks, literally born in Starbucks.
    [/I]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,328
    This is so odd. Maybe she was in shock? How does someone walk into a bathroom, come out with (what I assume is a child with a hanging umbilical cord) and not notice! Where's the placenta. Plus mom would still be bleeding right?

    WEIRD!!!

    Moo

    Mel

    She didn't tell anyone.

    Stevens says someone noticed blood in the bathroom, and Colorado Springs Fire Department Lt. James Eddy says someone who followed the woman out of the store directed paramedics to her.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Don't ask me why but the oddest thing about that is this woman was 42 yrs old.

    Surely she knew she was pregnant? I wouldn't expect such a reaction out of a 42 yr old woman KWIM?

    15? yes I can see it. 20? maybe I could see it but 42? What's up with her I wonder?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,165
    the only thing I can think of that would make sense as to why she didn't ask for help is if she was in shock

    ~ and that's a stretch ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    the only thing I can think of that would make sense as to why she didn't ask for help is if she was in shock

    ~ and that's a stretch ~
    I think you might be right LadyL. Shock more than likely.

    http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_15601690

    The woman walked four blocks with the child before emergency workers caught up with her. Stevens said the mother and baby were in good condition.
    FWIW, I gave birth naturally to a couple of kids. I got up off the delivery table (after being wheeled into the recovery area) and went to the bathroom on my own shortly after (within 15-20 minutes).

    But no way in hello I could've walked 4 blocks. The only way I can see she did that was to be in shock...JMHO.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Don't ask me why but the oddest thing about that is this woman was 42 yrs old.

    Surely she knew she was pregnant? I wouldn't expect such a reaction out of a 42 yr old woman KWIM?

    15? yes I can see it. 20? maybe I could see it but 42? What's up with her I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think you might be right LadyL. Shock more than likely.

    http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_15601690



    FWIW, I gave birth naturally to a couple of kids. I got up off the delivery table (after being wheeled into the recovery area) and went to the bathroom on my own shortly after (within 15-20 minutes).

    But no way in hello I could've walked 4 blocks. The only way I can see she did that was to be in shock...JMHO.
    Maybe it was her first pregnancy and she never realized she was expecting a baby?

    I've delivered five of my sons naturally, and with four of them, I was home within 12 hours. (The last one, I begged the doctor to let me spend the night so I could get some sleep! LOL!) I ususally was up and at 'em almost immediately-- but I didn't walk four blocks either!

    However, when reading about American Indian women who gave birth during the times their tribes were moving on to different areas, I learned that these awesome women dropped out of the hike to deliver, picked up their babies and CAUGHT UP with the tribe! Now that's some kind of awesome, isn't it?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Maybe it was her first pregnancy and she never realized she was expecting a baby?

    I've delivered five of my sons naturally, and with four of them, I was home within 12 hours. (The last one, I begged the doctor to let me spend the night so I could get some sleep! LOL!) I ususally was up and at 'em almost immediately-- but I didn't walk four blocks either!

    However, when reading about American Indian women who gave birth during the times their tribes were moving on to different areas, I learned that these awesome women dropped out of the hike to deliver, picked up their babies and CAUGHT UP with the tribe! Now that's some kind of awesome, isn't it?
    Makes me feel like a sissygirl.

    Interesting though.



Similar Threads

  1. Found Alive CO - Essence Lovato, 2, Colorado Springs, 19 Dec 2012
    By TripleA in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 08:29 PM
  3. Woman sues Starbucks for 10 Million over Coffee Burns!
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 12:12 AM