What the School Staff and students say about the morning Kyron went missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeking truth

Reaction score
"PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources."

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, K ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

"Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

post moved.

confustion over. i'm replacing my post. i thought the thread i posted in was deleted or closed. apparently it wasn't

original post: again....according to multiple sources....blah blah blah.....i mean blah blah blah to the article...the author of the article.

here is something I do not understand from TP's report.

8-year-old T, a desk mate of Kyron says, "I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never seen him after that," T told KOIN news. T said, the class was regrouping and it was the substitute that noticed Kyron was missing.

Their classroom is on the second floor. If we are to believe that the groups are over, why is he going downstairs? Wouldn't they go back to the classroom or wouldn't they be in the classroom that is on the second floor?

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says T

"PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources."

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, k ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And k said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

O.K I am totally confused, I commented what a great subject this was to start a thread on and it ended up in the time line thread, does this have something to do with the time line?

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

So Holm said that the teacher said that Terri said "Kyron had a doctor's appt." Wow...would that be double or triple hearsay?

This information, if true, would knock me off the fence!!! The ABC reporter says that their affiliate, KATU, learned of the multiple teachers and students (paraphrasing) telling LE that TH said Kyron had a Dr.'s appt THAT day... however, I am not finding that information in any of the KATU articles... guess I'm still on the fence! :waitasec:

I started a thread, using the article you are referring to. That thread is now gone, but I will find and link to the article right now...just need a couple of minutes.

Here is the link to the article on KATU, listing the names and much more:

"Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent."

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

Kim Holm’s son, K, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, K ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

"According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair."

Why would Terri do this?

Upon thinking about Kyrons friend K, and why it "could" be that he actually did know Kyron had an appt that day....not heard from another source such as the teacher, but knew first hand......

TH took his picture, in front of his project that AM, as well as Kyrons picture. IMO...MOO....I am willing to believe that he learned about the appointment during this photo opp, be it from TH or Kyron.

To me, this "possible" explanation makes a lot of sense....TH could have mentioned it thinking it would reinforce the belief that Kyron was supposed to be gone from school that day. That is why friend K says to his mom "I knew he was gone all day already"

My theory at any rate....

"According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair."

Why would Terri do this?

I don't know why the school just didn't call the doctor's office to verify the appt. Maybe that wasn't necessary. When my boys were in school many many yrs ago verification from the doctor's office/appt was required. IF that's what the parent/guardian claimed the reason for absence was.

I'm sure law enforcement checked. To try to answer your question hypothetically, it sounds like it could be a cover story setup because she wanted him not to be missed all day long. Maybe that's an obvious hypothesis but it's the only one I can come up with.

If it's true about her trying to hire a hit man to murder her husband, no telling what she may have plotted against this poor little child. Those are no small allegations against this woman. I can't imagine the media, school, teachers, classmates, gym manager, neighbors, landlords of friends, parents, FBI, sheriff, police all getting up one day and deciding to plot against the stepmom.

Toward the end of seeking truth's link, it says Terri asked to use the truck that day for the purpose of bringing Kyron's science project home. Yet, she emailed the teacher later in the day asking her when she could pick it up. Kyron's Father (Kaine) commented on the anomoly. They call that a "witness". True enough Terri's stories just don't seem to add up.

If what's in news is true I believe they could convict her without finding Kyron physically. What did she do with him?

So Holm said that the teacher said that Terri said "Kyron had a doctor's appt." Wow...would that be double or triple hearsay?

Maybe even quadruple hearsay, since it allegedly was said by the teacher, and was then allegedly overheard by this classmate, who allegedly told his mother, who allegedly told a reporter.

here is something I do not understand from TP's report.

8-year-old T, a desk mate of Kyron says, "I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never seen him after that," T told KOIN news. T said, the class was regrouping and it was the substitute that noticed Kyron was missing.

Their classroom is on the second floor. If we are to believe that the groups are over, why is he going downstairs? Wouldn't they go back to the classroom or wouldn't they be in the classroom that is on the second floor?

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says T

I keep bringing this up too. TP's statements were made in the very beginning about what was said after getting back to the room once the SF tour was over. Why is the teacher so sure now that she thought the Dr appt was that day, she wasn't in the beginning if TP's account is true?

http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/in...-of-kyron-horman/2091168039/?icid=VIDURVNWS08

OK somehow we had a blurp and when a thread was merged and posts were separated. I am moving this back to what the school reports and the article attached. Go ahead and discuss this in it's own thread. PHEW . If you have a post in either the Dr. thread or the timeline thread that needs to be moved here just PM me please with the post number and thread name.

Parden our brief commercial entertainment for your viewing pleasure and confusion folks.

xoxo
Gram

The school staff has said very little. Other than this, I think there are a couple statements about staff and contractors not wearing visitor badges that morning.

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

- Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said Horman was at school Friday and Portland Public Schools sent out an automated phone call to all Skyline parents alerting them to the missing boy.

- According to the sheriff’s office, the stepmother saw the boy walking toward his classroom as she left the building but officials with Portland Public Schools said Horman’s teacher never saw him in class which started at 10 a.m. The teacher marked him absent.

http://www.katu.com/news/95669809.html

"However attendance records show the child was listed as absent. A spokesman for the Portland Public Schools said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together."
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018917245#ixzz0qBUW84xk

Video Transcription - Principal - criminal investigation reference in press conference of June 8

Reporter: Were there any strangers inside the school Friday morning?

Principal: You know I appreciate people wanting to ask questions about that day, and there's a ongoing criminal investigation, and I'm being asked not to provide details that would compromise that.

Reporter: Were all adults required to sign in and have name tags Friday morning?

Principal: Once again, same, same thing.

Reporter: That's a school policy thing, I mean it's, you're a school.

Principal: Yeah if you want to talk about in general for large school events (interrupted by LE)

LE (interrupting): We appreciate, yeah, we appreciate the questions and (video cuts off)

I put a sticky of all LE press conference links in the reference forum, if you'd like to see the video:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108469"]All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts: Updated Sunday July 4 1020 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Probably depends on which news story a person reads as to who said what to whom, when & how often regarding the doctor's appt. A common tactic of habitual storytellers. Confound & confuse. Predictably convenient for the storyteller in my opinion.

I think it is interesting that early on in the case someone commented in a news blog that TH said she was taking Kyron to an appointment THAT DAY. I think LE is trying to keep a lid on this so as to keep the investigation under control. But I won't be surprised if we find out that this was an issue since Day One.

If this turns out to be fact, I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone thought they could get away with doing that???

I don't know why the school just didn't call the doctor's office to verify the appt. Maybe that wasn't necessary. When my boys were in school many many yrs ago verification from the doctor's office/appt was required. IF that's what the parent/guardian claimed the reason for absence was.

I'm sure law enforcement checked. To try to answer your question hypothetically, it sounds like it could be a cover story setup because she wanted him not to be missed all day long. Maybe that's an obvious hypothesis but it's the only one I can come up with.

If it's true about her trying to hire a hit man to murder her husband, no telling what she may have plotted against this poor little child. Those are no small allegations against this woman. I can't imagine the media, school, teachers, classmates, gym manager, neighbors, landlords of friends, parents, FBI, sheriff, police all getting up one day and deciding to plot against the stepmom.

[bbm]

really? I've never heard of that before
doesn't happen around here, that's for sure ...
I guess maybe it's to stop students from faking out of school?
seems a bit extreme for kids Kyron's age though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member