Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Originally posted by Tricia. Carrying over to the new thread.

Dear Websleuths Members,

We have a problem with this discussion. I know we can work it out so the discussion can continue without us having to pull the thread for review or having to ban people.

The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved. If you are good friends with Beth's kindergarten teacher then you do not need to be verified. If you are best friend's with Beth's best friend's cousin, you do not need to be verified.

If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.

Please email me if you feel you want to post about your personal experience in the case and need to be verified. tgrif@xmission.com

We do not allow Gossip and that's how we differ from the other websites.

Definition of Gossip; "A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others. "

I disagree a bit with the official definition. You can gossip just once in your life and it can have devastating effects. You don't need to be habitual.

We deal in facts and theories as long as the theories are not ridiculous or state as fact that someone is guilty of a crime when they have not been convicted. We look at the evidence and information provided to us (mostly) by the main stream media and discuss it. That is what we do.

In the Casey Anthony case her lawyer is named Jose Baez. People call him "Jose Bozo." We put a stop to it because it does nothing to advance the discussion.

In cases such as Beth's where the news is now down to a trickle it is difficult to keep the conversation going. It's time like this where posters tend to get personal and argue.

Please, as owner I really want to keep Beth's case out there, but I will pull the thread and the discussion if the rules cannot be followed.

Take a look at our
TERMS OF SERVICE

But I'll make it easy for you.

Don't be a jerk.
Don't call anyone a name.
Don't gossip
Be respectful
Don't drag names of innocent people out and plaster them all over the Internet.
Do post and discuss and theorize and enjoy yourselves.

If you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me.
tgrif@xmission.com

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Links to previous threads.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Carried over from Thread #4

ENOUGH with the snarky comments folks.
Do not post snarky comments to other members in the body of posts or to override moderator edit comments.

There will be NO MORE WARNINGS.

Any more TOS violations I will be recommending all expense paid vacations starting with 3-5 day time outs from Websleuths. Repeated violations may lead to a loss of membership priviledges at WS.

I have spent 1.5-2 hours at a time pulling this thread for moderation more than once. Tricia has made clear warnings, I have made clear warnings.
The rules at WS are quite clear.

My time, Tricia's time as well as the other moderators time is precious. We volunteer our precious time making Websleuths the great safe place it is to post. I will not have our time wasted over people fighting with each other in Beths threads. If it does not stop, not only will TO's be issued but you all run the risk of having Beth's case pulled permanently from Websleuths. The few of you who insist on continuously posting snide and snarky comments do not ruin it for the rest of the WS'rs who are complying with TOS.

Thank you
Cubby

ETA: There will be absolutely NO NAME CALLING as was clearly indicated in the first post of threads #2 and #3 and posted by Tricia in thread #1.

I think we can rule out the body found in Pickneyville as being Beth since they have given an estimated age range as being a teenager. Beth would not be mistaken as being a teenager.

I cant find any local missing teens, or anyone other than Beth missing in the "local" area. Of course, I hope its not her. But that is still strange to me. Wondering if the hair and clothing could have made them think the body is younger than she is? Just speculating. Prayers to loved ones of whoever it is.

This is another local case, but not a teen.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107997&highlight=Bonnie

A teen who is a runaway or throw away may not be listed as missing. MO and KY are fairly close too, so there may be missing teens there..... but this thread is for Beth. If members would like to discuss the remains found in Pinckneyville you are welcome to start a thread in the unidentified forum.

Thank you.

Cubby

Sorry cubby... I guess I was posting as you were posting

I think Sad made a good point in that Beth was reported as wearing a short jean mini skirt, black tank top and flip flops when she went missing. Also, her platinum blonde hair was more common with a late teen than a 41 yr. old (JMO). They also mentioned the body was badly decomposed and doing the autopsy would be difficult furthering the point.

An estimated wt would also help. Beth was in the 180 or so range even though she is reported at 160 on some sites and 180 on others. Unfortunately the 160 may be unhelpful if a Jane Doe is found because a coroner may not take a look based on the inaccurate info.

Do we have an estimated wt on the remains found in the creek?

JMO

There are many more articles that just say a woman's body was found and only one that I can find that says teen. IDK... guess we wont know for sure until the body is identified.

Thread 4, Post 528 [Originally Posted by SD21: I had heard that a guy used BB's cell to order pizza later that Sunday night......so? where was BB when this happened? And why do ppl say her last phone call was to SB at 4:15? The pizza place says the pizza never got picked up.]

To which, Paschein replied: "the reason it was stated 4:15 was the last call is because LE didn't want the other information released to the public because of the investigation."

Does anyone know who first disclosed the 5:16PM call to Podge's Pizza, and when/where it was posted? Whom did LE tell and then tell not to release it to the public?

Just curious...

An estimated wt would also help. Beth was in the 180 or so range even though she is reported at 160 on some sites and 180 on others. Unfortunately the 160 may be unhelpful if a Jane Doe is found because a coroner may not take a look based on the inaccurate info.

Do we have an estimated wt on the remains found in the creek?

JMO

I cant find anything that hints at weight, clothing etc.

I wanted to say,too, that if the info about what she was wearing last was from the same source that said she went to the Centralia train station then I say....BB could have been wearing anything.

There are many more articles that just say a woman's body was found and only one that I can find that says teen. IDK... guess we wont know for sure until the body is identified.

Paschein posted she called the LE investigating the remains found in Pinckneyville and was told by LE they believe the remains found were a local teen.

hth

Does anyone know who first disclosed the 5:16PM call to Podge's Pizza, and when/where it was posted? Whom did LE tell and then tell not to release it to the public?

Just curious...

An employee from Podge's Pizza posted on fb the information about the call from Beth's phone to order the Pizzza Pie. If that is what your asking, I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly. It is unknown if LE told this person not to tell anyone about this or not. I'm surprised these posts about this call were not deleted by the admin of the fb page within minutes of it being posted in the first place if it was a big secret that LE didn't want known. They delete everything else on there they don't want anyone to see.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...all#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=549

It sure didn't take KB long to delete the post about the body found in the creek today. Why didn't they just delete the phone call post, was it an intentional leak and that is why it was not deleted?

Sounds like it was an intentional leak, imo. If not it would have not been left for public view Joe.

JMO

does the pizza call bug anyone else the way it does me? i suppose there are a few scenarios that could have happened, but the call was made from bb's phone at 5:16 - even if jw was going to drop beth off in c'town and then come back to pick up the pizza, then how come the pizza was never picked up? the train leaves at 6:08 (almost always punctual) - let's say they get out of the house by 5:30 - drive 30 minutes - arrives at the train station at 6:00 and that's IF jw knows exactly where she's going in town - then 30 minutes back to pick up pizza - 6:40ish and i would imagine the pizza would be cold by then - it just doesn't compute in my brain. i would think this would negate jw's story completely and makes sense since local LE doesn't believe bb was ever anywhere near centralia except for mt. vernon. i'd be curious to see if podge's calls the number back when a pizza is ordered and not picked up and if they did that in this situation.

someone else questioned how the person who took the order would remember something like that - podge's isn't a hugely busy place like pizza hut - but i would venture to guess that he had been contacted by LE which jogged his memory. moo, of course.....

sure hope that the body in pinckneyville isn't bb as it appears it is not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member