1011 users online (221 members and 790 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North
    Posts
    5,964

    Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos

    http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...hotos/19569395

    The attorney representing Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, is lashing out at a group of unidentified bloggers for allegedly lifting and republishing his Facebook photos.

    "I had to take all of my copyrighted photos down from my FB," attorney Jose Baez wrote on his Facebook page, "because it has come to my attention that certain bloggers were taking these photos without authorization and posting them on their websites."


    snip...


    "I have a civil lawyer preparing a case and will post the resolution as soon as it happens," Baez wrote on his page, adding, "I am glad I did not post any information about my family, as I know these childlike individuals know no boundaries."
    JMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,627
    I guess Mr Baez doesnt know what private settings are
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    478
    Oh, please! Spare us your indignation. What is he doing putting pictures, on facebook that people can see anyway? Andcan'tyou decide who sees your pictures and who doesn't? I am so sick of him. IMO
    JMHO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the sunshine.
    Posts
    9,875
    For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
    When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
    When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, read our Privacy Policy and About Platform page.)
    When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

    http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the sunshine.
    Posts
    9,875
    After all the photos of his client that have been parodied, used, altered.......... HE NEVER COMPLAINED.............but he has the time to complain about this????

    Shouldn't he be working on a "mega case" as he called it, instead of worrying about who snatched photos of him on Geraldo's boat??? I'm just wondering out loud.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High on Hummingbird Hill
    Posts
    1,955
    Isn't the internet public domain? if you publish it ( and kill your child) you shouldn't be afforded that option. JMO and all...
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

    Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    After all the photos of his client that have been parodied, used, altered.......... HE NEVER COMPLAINED.............but he has the time to complain about this????

    Shouldn't he be working on a "mega case" as he called it, instead of worrying about who snatched photos of him on Geraldo's boat??? I'm just wondering out loud.
    Let's see - where there is smoke, there is normally fire about to explode....so, are we going to be able to listen to that phone call that he didn't know was recorded afterall, or, are we going to be treated with something new??

    The cat is out of the bag about the other attorney visit, the visit with the trauma/abuse specialist.....

    Something is in the "wind" I would speculate.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,006
    lol...and I didn't even know he had a fb...lol...so where are the blogs these pictures are on?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...hotos/19569395

    The attorney representing Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, is lashing out at a group of unidentified bloggers for allegedly lifting and republishing his Facebook photos.

    "I had to take all of my copyrighted photos down from my FB," attorney Jose Baez wrote on his Facebook page, "because it has come to my attention that certain bloggers were taking these photos without authorization and posting them on their websites."


    snip...


    "I have a civil lawyer preparing a case and will post the resolution as soon as it happens," Baez wrote on his page, adding, "I am glad I did not post any information about my family, as I know these childlike individuals know no boundaries."
    BBM

    Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
    *snipped*

    I'm anxious to read all about this "resolution" his civil trial lawyer is working on.

    Baez is so darn funny sometimes! LOL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    I guess Mr Baez doesnt know what private settings are
    Maybe he should have "ran this" FaceBook thing across his prime-time client.
    She could have filled him in on the ins and outs of "bookin' it".

    What a doofus....I mean come on, really??!?!!

    He has someone looking into it to sue ~ he sounds like a disgruntled blogger to me....that was hoodwinked maybe.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the sunshine.
    Posts
    9,875
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beach View Post
    BBM



    *snipped*

    I'm anxious to read all about this "resolution" his civil trial lawyer is working on.

    Baez is so darn funny sometimes! LOL
    BBM
    Perhaps...........the aforementioned "resolution" is in reference to an issue with the photo pixels?????? Did the photo not paint him in a positive light?

    My suggestion to all lawyers......if you use Facebook.......don't mix business photos and friends with personal photos and friends. Some of the friends / photos I have seen on FB are just "begging" or perhaps I could say "plea(ding) for action.

    FWIW....... it's one thing for a lawyer to use Social Media to get their name and business profile out there....but screening content and photos should be done with due diligence.

    If JB wasn't going to complain or fight against the release of KC's jail letters.......why is this an issue ahem cough gag........non issue???

    Glad he didn't put his family info out there?????? Because.........what JB........putting the names of all those TES searchers out there is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different???? You mean you would "NEVER" google those names?????

    Yep....I think Purple Iris is on the money.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    The names of all of those volunteer TES are a horse of a differant color......

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,003
    Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
    When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
    When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, read our Privacy Policy and About Platform page.)
    When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

    http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
    To me that sounds like copyright be d*mned. Who copyrights FB photos anyway?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,328
    I saw his FB photos once - boring...some sailing photos, etc. He had them open to the PUBLIC. Anyone who knows FB knows you can set your photo settings to "friends only". Come on, the dude is an attorney! If he doesn't know how to set his FB settings, how is he going to get ICA off?

    I can't see a case out of this at all....just more attention seeking...

    MOO

    Mel

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    I guess Mr Baez doesnt know what private settings are

    He just wants something to whine about. Also a way to keep his name out there. He is such a loser.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Source: Casey's Attorney Marketing Photos To Media
    By GirlinCentralFL in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
  2. ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony Part 2
    By cuppy199 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 558
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony
    By Karate Dad in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 923
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM