929 users online (152 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

up north

GA - Diane Holmwood - 62 years old - Walton County - 22 July 2010

Metro Atlanta / State News 10:01 a.m. Tuesday, July 27, 2010
    By Larry Hartstein
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Walton County woman with a serious heart condition is still missing, five days after she failed to show up for a hospital appointment.

Diane Holmwood, 62, spoke to her son Thursday night from her boyfriend's house near Macon. She was supposed to be at St. Mary's Hospital in Athens at 9:30 a.m. Friday for rehabilitation, following a second heart attack she suffered a few weeks earlier.

Her boyfriend told authorities she left the house at 7 a.m. But she never made it to the hospital.

Family members have retraced the route they believe she would have taken from Lizella, near Macon, to Athens. Law-enforcement agencies are on the lookout for the tan 1993 Ford Explorer she was driving.

"She has never done anything like this, so I know something happened to her," her son, Aaron Holmwood, told the AJC on Tuesday. "I'm almost 80 percent sure I know the route she would have taken. We have pretty much been all over it."

Diane Holmwood's Explorer has a vanity plate in the front that says "Year One" and stickers on the back, including one that says "Bike Rider: You'd Look Hotter in a Helmet." It has Georgia tag ANF 0984.

Holmwood stands 5-foot-3, weighs 140 pounds, has reddish hair and wears a nose ring.

She worked at the Fossil watch store at Gwinnett Place Mall until her heart condition made it impossible for her to work, her son said.

The search began Saturday morning when her boyfriend called Aaron Holmwood.

"He called me at 8 a.m. and asked if I had heard from her," Aaron Holmwood said.

Walton County Sheriff's Lt. Kirk McElroy said he pulled Diane Holmwood's cell phone records for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

"That's as far back as I can go without a court order," he said. "There was no activity, except everybody calling her."

The Bibb County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation. Capt. Mike Smallwood said he expects to receive additional phone records Tuesday that will advance the investigation.

As of Tuesday morning, 137 people had joined a Facebook group devoted to finding Diane Holmwood.

Anyone with information should call the Walton County Sheriff's Department at 770-267-6557 or the Bibb County Sheriff's Office at 478-746-9441.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-27-2010 at 07:15 PM.

up north

Vehicle of missing woman found in Jones County

Tuesday, Jul. 27, 2010
    By AMY LEIGH WOMACK - awomack@macon.com

Authorities have discovered the Ford Explorer that belonged to a woman reported missing from Lizella.
    Gleaton said a body was found in the vehicle but authorities are waiting for a medical examiner to determine the identity of the person and cause of death.

up north

Fears Of Missing Woman's Family Become Reality

Posted By - Kevin Rowson
    Last Updated On: 7/27/2010 4:36:48 PM

Aaron Holmwood said the medical examiner told him his mother died of blunt force trauma when her 1993 Ford Explorer crashed into a tree.
    Rest in Peace Diane.