745 users online (107 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

My next vacation destination!

Remind me to pack a spoon.

~~~~

Spa offers chocolate baths

Austria (AP) - An Austrian health spa is giving chocolate lovers a chance to take the ultimate plunge.
    Bad Eisenkappel, a health spa in the southwestern Austrian province of Carinthia, is drawing dozens of visitors with a tasty new "treatment" - a relaxing soak in a tub filled with melted chocolate - Austrian television reported Wednesday.

Nina Sabitzer, a cosmetologist at the spa, told state broadcaster ORF the bubbly brown baths include cocoa butter she claims has restorative properties that include helping protect skin from developing wrinkles.

Although clients are encouraged to splash around, "we don't let them eat any - it's too fattening," she said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...568686-ap.html

Much closer to home:

The Spa at Hershey in Hershey.PA. They have all kinds of chocolate treatments from chocolate milk baths, chocolate fondue wrap, cocoa bean body scrubs, etc. I go once a year!

http://www.hersheypa.com/accommodati...rshey/spa.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle
    Much closer to home:

The Spa at Hershey in Hershey.PA. They have all kinds of chocolate treatments from chocolate milk baths, chocolate fondue wrap, cocoa bean body scrubs, etc. I go once a year!

www.hersheypa.com/accommodations/the_hotel_hershey/spa.html
    Arielle, no offense... but Austria is a little more interesting than PA

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Arielle, no offense... but Austria is a little more interesting than PA
    Well, this is true. I was thinking more along the lines of practicality and expense if all you were interested in was the immersion in chocolate. I'm not likely to get to Austria any time in the near future. However, I am only 2 hours from Hershey! I can do that anytime. I realized that it is much farther for you from Toronto is it?

Of course there is much more interesting stuff to do in Austria. And it is likely to be Swiss chocolate rather than Hershey's chocolate, so that has a lot to reccommend it too. Okay, when do we leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle
    Of course there is much more interesting stuff to do in Austria. And it is likely to be Swiss chocolate rather than Hershey's chocolate, so that has a lot to reccommend it too. Okay, when do we leave?
    LOL ~ ummm.. I'm tied up for a few weeks, but after that I'm all yours.. lets do it! Think we should bring Vicktor and Hugh along?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    LOL ~ ummm.. I'm tied up for a few weeks, but after that I'm all yours.. lets do it! Think we should bring Vicktor and Hugh along?

And JDB too. I love that sexy cowboy thing he's got going for him.