GUILTY NJ - Abelino Mazariego, 47, beaten to death, Summit, 17 July 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this horrific crime. If there is one, please merge as there's new info in this article which was just released.

Rest in peace, Mr. Manzaniego and prayers for your loved ones

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_beati...DeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDM25qdGVlbnNjaGFy

3 NJ teens charged with videotaped immigrant death

"NEWARK, N.J. - Dusk fell around Salvadoran immigrant Abelino Mazaniego as he sat on a bench on a promenade in an upscale New York suburb after finishing up his restaurant shift. As night encroached, so did a group of teenagers, including one with a cell phone videocamera at the ready.

Then, authorities say, they beat him unconscious, with the camera rolling. Days later, the 47-year-old father of four was dead — but not before the video had been circulated among teenagers in Summit, N.J., authorities say...."

and

"....a nurse in the emergency room where he was taken the night of July 17 was accused of pilfering several hundred dollars from his wallet...."

and

"....Khayri Williams-Clark, 18, and an unidentified 17-year-old, both of Summit, were arrested Wednesday on manslaughter charges. Williams-Clark pleaded not guilty to the charge Friday. Now they're charged with murder, along with Nigel Dumas, 19, of Morristown...."

and

"....Mazaniego was "quite a jolly gentleman," Colin Crasto, manager and chef at Dabbawalla Indian restaurant, where the victim had worked for three years as a cook's assistant...."

more at link

Geez, what's wrong with these people? First they beat him to death and then the nurse at the hospital steals his money.

RIP Mr. Mazaniego.

OMG. What is happening to our society? No regard for human life, whatsoever.

Chilling.

and these are just 3 of the monsters society is creating. all they want to do it kill, from kids to old people it doesn't seem to matter, just kill, hurt, destroy, they make me sick.

Who does something like that?

Name that "nurse" as well.

Beaten by "kids' and then pilfered by a person who is supposed to care for you? The whole thing makes me sick.

What about all the people the teens showed the cell phone video to? What about them?

I would really like to think that my children know well enough that if they were shown a disturbing video about anything, much less murder, that they would know to tell me, and that we would report it.

What does that say about the teens they showed it to?

The nurse deserves losing her job.If she does. I'm guessing that's the only punishment she'll get. Sick all around.

What about all the people the teens showed the cell phone video to? What about them?

I would really like to think that my children know well enough that if they were shown a disturbing video about anything, much less murder, that they would know to tell me, and that we would report it.

The nurse deserves losing her job.If she does. I'm guessing that's the only punishment she'll get. Sick all around.

My then 14 yr old was told a disturbing tale of zune video and she let me know. I then got the item and turned it over to police. I am sure your teen would do the same.

This is not too far from me. Summit is a rather upscale town. Or so I thought.

Here are 2 more local links.
About the nurse:
"Stephan Randolph, 39, of Flemington, was charged with third-degree theft Monday, and the Union County Prosecutor’s Office said he allegedly stole roughly $640 from Mazariego, who died at the hospital three days later."

and

"....Randolph, who had worked at the hospital for five years, was fired Monday."

more here:
http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2010/07/prosecutors_charge_nurse_for_s.html

It appears they were charged with manslaughter, now it's been upgraded to murder, story here:

http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2010/07/charges_upgraded_to_murder_aga.html

Words cannot express my sorrow for this man and his family...The nurse should go to prison as well as the boys...For the other teens, I don't know what can be done but I would like to know how many knew about it and how it actually came to light...I'm afraid for my children's future knowing where things are going in this world...I live in a NJ town not far from here where something shocking and horrific happened with some teen boys and although it was almost two decades ago, it still resonates here...

And as we see since the nurse pilfered the money these teens did the kill just for the thrill...geez..you are right too disturbing, some kids are out doing this kind of stuff for "the thrill"??? Really sad

These are the cases that truly make me fear for mankind. So many wicked people involved in this, right down to the nurse that was supposed to help save his life. Did this nurse do anything that kept him from surviving in order to not have the theft discovered? I can't help but wonder.

From March 2013:

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2013/03/summit_homicide_defendants_sen.html

Hakean Fitzgerald was just a month past his 17th birthday when he and two friends robbed and beat a 47-year-old restaurant worker as the man sat on a bench in a Summit park in 2010.

Today, a remorseful Fitzgerald was sentenced to 15 years in prison for throwing the punch that killed Abelino Mazariego, a father of four and grandfather who brought his family to the United States from El Salvador to find a better life.

Two equally remorseful co-defendants, Khayri William-Clark, 20, and Nigel Dumas, 21, who had shouted encouragement during the assault, were each sentenced to 10 years in prison. All three were charged with aggravated manslaughter...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back