Underground tunnels in Portland

butterfly1978

Reaction score
Someone mentioned this in a chat tonight on CopDoc. I am hoping someone with great sleuthing skills can help me out.... Apparently there is a bunch of underground tunnels in Portland that have been used for a vast aray of illegal activities including kidnapping.
"According to those theories, victims were either drugged, kidnapped while intoxicated or simply knocked out, then dropped or dragged into the tunnels through trapdoors called deadfalls. Once in the tunnels, they were locked in specially designed prison cells and held captive until they were shipped off as slave laborers. "
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/or-shanghai.html

Can anyone find out if these tunnels lead under Skyline school. Trying NOT to have tunnel vision here, could this explain Kyron not being seen leaving the school.... before we start discussing theories we need to first determine if this is a possability.

WHOA OMG SERIOUSLY? This story just gets more and more bizarre.

Praying that the little sweetie is alive and well!

There's one around Cornelius Pass. Freefallzzzz took a pic of it and is posted in the pics area. I think it has been discussed in the locals thread, too.

There's one around Cornelius Pass. Freefallzzzz took a pic of it and is posted in the pics area. I think it has been discussed in the locals thread, too.

Do you know if it goes under Skyline? Do you know if its been searched, Oh lord please tell me they have searched it.

Here's the map: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5313783&postcount=24"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Locals post your pictures here[/ame]

That is the east end of the Cornelius Pass Tunnel. If you go north on Cornelius Pass, you will see hairpin curves, the tunnel is near this.
From the view of the tunnel spur picture, Cornelius Pass Rd is above to your right.

Here is a picture.. they were talking on the scanner about searching that area the night Kyron went missing.
map.jpg

I don't think we know, Butterfly. :( We really don't know all the areas searched for sure, do we?

ETA: Free mentions that she heard on the scanner that it was searched. I'm blind sometimes!

Way back in Kayleah Wilsons case someone was able to obtain a map of underground sewers and tunnels in the area, does anyone here know how to do that?

I answered a question about this on the Questions for Our Locals thread. In a nutshell: red herring. :cow:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5456041&postcount=442"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - *~* Questions for our locals *~*[/ame]

P.S. Skyline is in a surburban area miles from downtown Portland where the "Shanghai tunnels" are.

P.P.S. If used for crime and kidnapping it was over 100 years ago.

Dang I wish I had an underground map.

The facts of this case as we know them are that Kyron was at school june 4, and now he is gone, no one saw him leave but yet he is gone. Desiree made a comment awhile back like the school just swallowed him up. What if there was an entrance to these tunnels from the school could someone have coersed him into going in or could he have gone by himself? Could Terri have been hiding him in a tunnel? Oh how I would love to know more about these tunnels.

Kimster is talking about a railroad tunnel. :) That's different from the supposed tunnels in Downtown Portland.

Kimster is talking about a railroad tunnel. :) That's different from the supposed tunnels in Downtown Portland.

True. I didn't think the ones in downtown were relavent since they are quite a ways from Skyline. That doesn't mean I'm not wrong, though! Sleuth it! :dance:

So I take it you live in Portaland? How would one go about getting a map of these tunnels?

I think you'd have a bit of a challenge getting Shanghai Tunnel maps, as it's a greatly embellished commercial venture. We went on the tour years ago and have been joking about the "ghostly soda fountain dispensers" ever since. I don't know anything about old rail tunnels west of downtown, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back