GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-brought-in-to-help-locate-missing-2-year-old

So he was sleeping next to his custodial mother & grandmother, not her children, as they 1st reported? Strange! Is this fact or did the women change their story later on?

Also, have they updated his height and weight information? From pics on FB, he does not look like a small boy. His build appears similar to that of my 20mo, who is 32in tall and 24lb. My 3yo daughter just reached 3 feet tall and is 31lb. She is skinny, so I cannot even imagine what a 3 foot tall 20lb child would look like. Have they not taken him to the doctor lately to know an accurate height and weight?

Also, is his name spelled Syler, as indicated in this thread title, or is it Sylar, as it is on the missing flyer? I have seen it spelled both ways.

Thanks for the new thread Imamaze!

Mother of missing 2-year-old speaks out

RIMROCK, AZ - The mother of a 2-year-old boy who went missing from a northern Arizona campground Sunday said she is in no way connected with his disappearance and is worried about what happened to him.

"He was gone without a trace," said Charity Newton. "How are you supposed to deal with that, really?"

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...edona/mother-of-missing-2-year-old-speaks-out

Also, is his name spelled Syler, as indicated in this thread title, or is it Sylar, as it is on the missing flyer? I have seen it spelled both ways.

His name is spelled Sylar...his middle name is Orion.

I just can't get past the believability of a child opening a tent zipper and getting out on his own (without being heard).

Almost every other weekend, I can be found camping 30 miles away from this place. Although we have an RV now, it wasnt long ago that we spent our evenings in tents. One major rule was the tent door be zipped up at all times.

You would be amazed by at how quickly bugs/spiders and other creepy crawlys find their way in a tent especially now with our monsoon season.... everything is out in the evening trying to mate.

Unless someone is used to living in filthy conditions and/or they were bombed off their a$sses, that tent zipper would have been closed tight.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-brought-in-to-help-locate-missing-2-year-old

So he was sleeping next to his custodial mother & grandmother, not her children, as they 1st reported? Strange! Is this fact or did the women change their story later on?

Also, have they updated his height and weight information? From pics on FB, he does not look like a small boy. His build appears similar to that of my 20mo, who is 32in tall and 24lb. My 3yo daughter just reached 3 feet tall and is 31lb. She is skinny, so I cannot even imagine what a 3 foot tall 20lb child would look like. Have they not taken him to the doctor lately to know an accurate height and weight?

BBM
Police corrected this.

--A correction to prior information – Syler was last seen around 12:30 AM on Sunday by Christina and was sleeping in a tent along with Christina, Nancy and Christina’s 12-year-old daughter. Christina’s 14-year-old son and her son’s 14-year-old friend were sleeping in an adjacent tent. Christina discovered Syler missing at 1:45AM.

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3758

I just can't get past the believability of a child opening a tent zipper and getting out on his own (without being heard).

Almost every other weekend, I can be found camping 30 miles away from this place. Although we have an RV now, it wasnt long ago that we spent our evenings in tents. One major rule was the tent door be zipped up at all times.

You would be amazed by at how quickly bugs/spiders and other creepy crawlys find their way in a tent especially now with our monsoon season.... everything is out in the evening trying to mate.

Unless someone is used to living in filthy conditions and/or they were bombed off their a$sses, that tent zipper would have been closed tight.

Now that we find out that he was in the tent with the 2 women (2 mothers), I find it really hard to believe that he could have gotten out of the tent unnoticed. I wake to every single sound my children make and they are in the next room (we do have a monitor that is on). I cannot imagine not hearing a zipper on a tent opening. I also cannot imagine sleeping in a tent without the zipper closed.

Now that we find out that he was in the tent with the 2 women (2 mothers), I find it really hard to believe that he could have gotten out of the tent unnoticed. I wake to every single sound my children make and they are in the next room (we do have a monitor that is on).

I cannot imagine not hearing a zipper on a tent opening. I also cannot imagine sleeping in a tent without the zipper closed.

And being outdoors, at night, your senses are heightened that much more.

I agree.. something is not adding up at all.

What happened to this sweet baby boy?? :yow:

Now that we find out that he was in the tent with the 2 women (2 mothers), I find it really hard to believe that he could have gotten out of the tent unnoticed. I wake to every single sound my children make and they are in the next room (we do have a monitor that is on). I cannot imagine not hearing a zipper on a tent opening. I also cannot imagine sleeping in a tent without the zipper closed.

EXACTLY my thoughts. Not to mention how little ones tend to kick you, roll around etc. At least mine does which is why I prefer for him to sleep in his own bed...those kicks hurt! That being said...I also really do not sleep well when he is in bed with me. Something just isn't right about this and its gnawing at me. I still want to know how did these two women first meet up?

This is Sylar's bio moms statement on the Find Sylar Newton fb page.

"i am the mother of sylar newton i know that some people are wondering why sylar is with tina and im going to tell you. she is a good mother and my son is very happy with her my son is always smiling and even called her mom and her kids brother and sister. she is not a bad person because she has a past. i was not able t...o give my son the care that he need and i wanted only what was best for him. i have been in and out of mental hospitals for trying to kill myself. i have a hard time holding a job and even taking care of myself. im not addicted to drugs i just have a hard time with life i felt that my son being with me was not a good thing for him and i could have given him all the love in the world providing for him was something else and i just wanted him to be happy and tina loves him and i have seen them together many times kept in touch with her. she has helped me when my husband left me when i still had sylar. her two kids are loving. they stay out of trouble and do well in school. i would never want to leave my son with someone that i felt would hurt him.judge if you want i do not care the only thing that i care about is the save returne of my son"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/sylernewton

"i am the mother of sylar newton i know that some people are wondering why sylar is with tina and im going to tell you. she is a good mother and my son is very happy with her my son is always smiling and even called her mom and her kids brother and sister. she is not a bad person because she has a past. i was not able t...o give my son the care that he need and i wanted only what was best for him. i have been in and out of mental hospitals for trying to kill myself. i have a hard time holding a job and even taking care of myself. im not addicted to drugs i just have a hard time with life i felt that my son being with me was not a good thing for him and i could have given him all the love in the world providing for him was something else and i just wanted him to be happy and tina loves him and i have seen them together many times kept in touch with her. she has helped me when my husband left me when i still had sylar. her two kids are loving. they stay out of trouble and do well in school. i would never want to leave my son with someone that i felt would hurt him.judge if you want i do not care the only thing that i care about is the save returne of my son"

It sounds like she definitely had a connection with him... she loved him enough to try and make sure he was provided for and in a safe loving home. I'm sure she never dreamed of something like this happening in a million years or she wouldn't have left him there. She truly loved her son!

IMO

Last night, local TV had a short clip of a new interview with the adopto-mom....

they just showed her saying the same thing, "my baby is out there, please help find him". Again in her fashion of not making eye contact.

It was disturbing how quick of a clip it was. They edited or cut out a lot for some reason.

It's always sad when someone tries to do the right thing and something like this happens. I feel bad for this girl. Obviously she knows she can't take care of him. She tried to do the right thing by Sylar.

On the subject of the "Mexican man", this scares me. Not because I believe it, but because of the problems that we are already experiencing in AZ. If the man doesn't exist, I can't imagine the backlash this is going to cause. Especially this of all weeks when SB1070 goes into effect. Just what we need in this state right now--a white woman claiming a Mexican man took her baby :sheesh:

The hunt for 2-year-old Syler Newton is into its fourth day, and the search area is about to get bigger.

Dwight D'Evelyn, spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, reported Tuesday that investigators plan to widen the search area to make sure searchers are being as thorough as possible.

http://www.dcourier.com/

The hunt for 2-year-old Syler Newton is into its fourth day, and the search area is about to get bigger.

Dwight D'Evelyn, spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, reported Tuesday that investigators plan to widen the search area to make sure searchers are being as thorough as possible.

http://www.dcourier.com/

I just can't see this baby getting any farther that within a one mile radius, if that, without being found by now. Or his diaper. Kids his age like to take their diapers off. Something else is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie