NE - Tracy Brannan, 33, murdered in her Omaha home, 24 July 2010

Snick1946

Reaction score
I will let the article speak for itself:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100728/NEWS97/707289849#dad-says-he-ll-never-forgive-son

However I will add my two cents' worth. This man is a psychologist- couldn't he have seen how dangerous his son was? He'd apparently attacked his father and tried to kill him a few years prior.

I also will post a link to the article in a UK newspaper:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...ly-kick-her-1.1044187?localLinksEnabled=false

At first glance this looks to be a sad and tragic domestic crime. My hink meter is not yet going off but the dial is moving, what does anyone else think?

this is the part I am confused about:

“When we came upstairs, Tracy told David how much she appreciated him being part of the family,” Brannan said. “She told him that it was nice having him upstairs, and he kind of got weird.”

Harold Brannan said David suddenly began calling Tracy “all sorts of vile names” and cursing.

Brannan said he interrupted, telling his son it was time to go to bed. It was about 4:30 a.m., and Wyatt stepped out the back door a for a cigarette. Her husband went to their bedroom and took off his shirt.

“I heard a door slam, and I knew it wasn't Tracy,” Brannan said. “I opened the back door, and she was lying there in a pool of her own blood, struggling for air. Her neck was slashed.”

Why did he leave his wife alone, with his unstable son, moments after the two argued???? KWIM?

I was bothered by that but chose not to mention in my original posting- wanted to see if anyone else was.
I hope I don't sound too suspicious but something about this whole thing isn't sitting right. The age difference between Dr Brannan and his new wife, the doctors apparent denial about his son's mental issues etc. Then he is all over the media in a day or so blasting his son and disowning him? This guy is a mental health profesional? Stay tuned on this one.

Very interesting story Snick! I wonder what the son David's relationship was like with his bio mom. I look forward to updates.

wm

OMG- I read about it but was not prepared for what I saw.
This young woman is dead and I don't wish to seem to disparage her but take a real good look at the picture, where his hands are and so on. I am not alleging anything improper but- she may have given this kid the wrong idea, or something.
I'd love to know the story of the doctor's first marriage. Also did he gain anything from his current wife's death? Hopefully LE will be looking a bit more at this one before closing the books.

OMG- I read about it but was not prepared for what I saw.
This young woman is dead and I don't wish to seem to disparage her but take a real good look at the picture, where his hands are and so on. I am not alleging anything improper but- she may have given this kid the wrong idea, or something.
I'd love to know the story of the doctor's first marriage. Also did he gain anything from his current wife's death? Hopefully LE will be looking a bit more at this one before closing the books.

It get weirder...check out the charges against her father, enough said. This whole case is bizarre!

You know what I think set him off... when she told him she appreciated him being part of the family.

I am not saying in anyway that she deserved this, btw.

He was always part of the family. She was the new one. I think that was just a slap in the face to him, and he went into his rage. But I hope he never gets out of prison... what a stupid thing to kill someone for.

Wow, yep, I bet that's the one :eek:

I just noticed this in that article:

Neighbours told police they were woken up by screams in the early hours of Sunday morning and saw Brannan dragging his grievously injured wife from the house.

He told neighbours he and his wife had been attacked by his son as they slept.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...epson-starting-new-life-US.html#ixzz0v2z30lf2

It get weirder...check out the charges against her father, enough said. This whole case is bizarre!

What charges are you referencing? Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Where was this son on March 13, 2008? I know that's far out, but he does live in Omaha.

Where was this son on March 13, 2008? I know that's far out, but he does live in Omaha.

YellowDog, I wondered the same thing! I am unclear if the Dr and son are from Omaha...... or Scotland and moved to Omaha.

The murder method sure does ring a bell! (Not to mention my vivd imagination of a mentally ill, basement dwelling, cyber gaming, knife weilding fiend!)

MOO

wm

Exactly- no it's not far fetched. I wonder if Dr Brannan knew the Hunter family? Both Dr Brannan and the Hunters vacationed extensively in Scotland.
The wagons are circling here in Omaha already- very little in the paper this morning and a comment I made on one of the TV websites drew reaction from people who think no one should be saying anything, etc.

It just gets better and better- follow the link to the story above about the father of the victim. He's accused of molestation of underage girls over the years, his daughter was going to testify for him.

Note how the doctor met his bride- through her brother whom Dr Brannan met online- they both shared an interest in FANTASY GAMING.

Strill doubt a connection but is any of this sounding familiar?

Dr Brannan told LE at first that David attacked them while they were asleep, then changed his story. Hopefully LE will check out his injuries for signs of self-infliction.
I'm still mulling over any possibility of this being linked to the Dundee killings. David is far heavier than the POI in that case but this was two years ago so you never know. You wouldn't think it'd be necessary but I may email a tip to Crimestoppers that someone needs to look into a possible connection.

Dr Brannan told LE at first that David attacked them while they were asleep, then changed his story. Hopefully LE will check out his injuries for signs of self-infliction.
I'm still mulling over any possibility of this being linked to the Dundee killings. David is far heavier than the POI in that case but this was two years ago so you never know. You wouldn't think it'd be necessary but I may email a tip to Crimestoppers that someone needs to look into a possible connection.

The POI in the Hunter/ Sherman case was described as having an olive complexion. BTW, that was really a great thread you wrote on the March 2008 murders.

YellowDog, I wondered the same thing! I am unclear if the Dr and son are from Omaha...... or Scotland and moved to Omaha.

The murder method sure does ring a bell! (Not to mention my vivd imagination of a mentally ill, basement dwelling, cyber gaming, knife weilding fiend!)

MOO

wm

Hi WM

Only Scottish one was Tracy, Both the Dr and Son are American, I'm not sure if Omaha is where they come from but Im pretty sure its where Tracy visited them many times before she moved over there.

Also, Not to you WM but for those that comented on the Sons size, the last time he was in Scotland, he was alot thinner and that was about, i think a year or so ago, maybe a little longer...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back