Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada - Lyle McCann, 78, & Marie McCann, 77; Burned RV found 5 July 2010 - #2

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Canada - Lyle McCann, 78, & Marie McCann, 77; Burned RV found 5 July 2010 - #2

Marie Ann McCann, 77, and Lyle Thomas McCann, 78, left Alberta for B.C. on July 3 and have not been seen by their family since.

Police are looking for this light green Hyundai Tucson SUV with Alberta licence plate ZPK 289.

Facebook: Help us find our parents: Lyle & Marie McCann

If you have any information that may be helpful in our search,
    PLEASE CONTACT
    St. Albert RCMP Detachment
    780.458.4300 or
    24 hour tips line
    Crimestoppers
    1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
    http://lyleandmariemccann.com/ FOR ANONYMOUS TIPS

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109229"]Thread 1[/ame]

please continue here...
    Last edited by imamaze; 01-23-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added pics and police info
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Well Bobbi-Jo, that description of yer kind-hearted bro don't quite warsh with yer daddy warning the public not to corner him, eh?

And hon, if he warn't driving that suv, then what's the problem with sayin what he arrived in? And maybe you can tell us how LE was well onto him before they even found the McCann's suv that was parked darn near in his back yard.
    Seems like Bobbi-Jo needs to get her story straight if she is going to help "Tadar" out of the hot water he's got himself into.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satchel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    I am very curious as to why TV calls Ester his foster mom, she is only 10yrs older than him????????? Girlfriend maybe???? God help the kids that have to go into the system in her neighbourhood!
    In the news articles it says that Esther is Bobbi's Foster Mother? Is it possible that Esther only fostered Bobbi and not TV?
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

What is the general consensus here, on what happened to the McCann's *if* TV's sister story can be corroborated, placing him with her during the period in question (Jul 4 to 9? or Jul 4 to 11)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Where are the McCann's???

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

I have always felt something happened to the McCanns the same day they left on their trip, July 3rd. Either they were car-jacked or stopped to help someone they thought needed help and were over powered.

I believe TV is involved and given his history of violence and arson, killed them, burned the RV ad took off in their car.

Given where the RV, car and TV were found, I feel he has buried them in the area, more than likely the vicinity of where the RV was found. moo

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I have always felt something happened to the McCanns the same day they left on their trip, July 3rd. Either they were car-jacked or stopped to help someone they thought needed help and were over powered.

I believe TV is involved and given his history of violence and arson, killed them, burned the RV ad took off in their car.

Given where the RV, car and TV were found, I feel he has buried them in the area, more than likely the vicinity of where the RV was found. moo
    If TV did it, I don't see why he wouldn't have burned the bodies in the RV.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    In the news articles it says that Esther is Bobbi's Foster Mother? Is it possible that Esther only fostered Bobbi and not TV?
    One article said she was "their" foster mother.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What is the general consensus here, on what happened to the McCann's *if* TV's sister story can be corroborated, placing him with her during the period in question (Jul 4 to 9? or Jul 4 to 11)
    "If" covers a lot of ground. The McCanns were last seen July 3.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

People who are following more than one story here at WS may find this intriguing:

http://new.edmontonsun.com/news/colu.../12822231.html

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Reposting local map:

MAP = http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...763306&t=h&z=9

( A ) MacKay, Alberta ---> (where TV was apprehended)

( B ) Nojack campground ---> (searched by LE)

( C ) Niton Junction, Alberta ---> (where TV grew up)

( D ) Carrot Creek, Alberta ---> (just a reference)

( E ) Peers, Alberta ---> (unconfirmed sightings of TV)

( F ) Range Road 144, Alberta ---> (where SUV was found hidden under trees)

( G ) Minnow Lake, Alberta ---> (where RV found burned)

( H ) Edson, Alberta ---> (just a reference)
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

I agree with you Ruby that something happened the same day they left, maybe even during the first hours of their trip, since there has been no reports of sightings of the RV towing along the SUV reaching their first planned stop (Blue River, BC).
    How long did we calculate will take to reach the campground from St. Albert? 2/3 hours the most?

We have also heard that the SUV was seen at the campground earlier on Monday, July 5th, and here is where Bobbi's alibi creates a problem, IF she is telling the truth, and IF TV didn't move from her place during all those days. Difficult to believe that a guy will stay put for so many days indoors. Oh wait, she said he was ill, right?

The SUV was found east of where the RV was found. How did the perp(s) leave the area after hiding the SUV? I sure hope the area where the SUV was found holds the answer, and that the SUV itself contains all the evidence needed that will point towards the perp(s).
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Silly question, perhaps, but IF the couple's bodies were burned in the RV, would any traces of them be found in the ashes?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eachandevery For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eachandevery View Post
    Silly question, perhaps, but IF the couple's bodies were burned in the RV, would any traces of them be found in the ashes?

There would still have been bone fragments and they could still probably be identified by DNA.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

I'd have to search for it but I do believe that RCMP had stated in one of the media articles that the investigation of the burned out RV did not show signs of human remains. Does anyone else remember reading this?

Plus you'd think too....if there was any chance that human remains were found within the RV, wouldn't LE state that? I mean, why would they keep that a secret? Would be horrible for the family if that was the case and they let days and weeks go by only to somewhere down the road tell the family "Oh yeah, and way back weeks ago we did find evidence of human remains."

Was the RV totally burned up when it was found? My understanding is that people had spotted the smoke from it burning..........and I got the impression from reading the media reports, that the RV wasn't totally burned down when it was found such that someone was able to get into the glove box to get out the registration papers.

I am certainly not a fire expert but I always thought that it would take a lot for fire to totally destroy all evidence of human remains.....? (things like bones, teeth)

I would think too that LE wouldn't let the family and general public, and organizations such as Missing Persons believe that they were still looking for the McCanns if in fact they had evidence that they had perished in the RV fire; to me that would be beyond cruel and it makes no sense to me why they would withhold such info; particularly because the perp or perps would KNOW what they'd done.

I still wonder if neighboring lakes around there were dragged. There's been no mention of this in the news at all. If they were killed (and I pray they weren't), wouldn't it be likely that a perp would dump them in a deep lake as opposed to bury them? Are the lakes in that area very deep?

To me it would be a lot easier for LE to find "signs" of ground having been disrupted (and bodies buried)......and you'd think that cadaver dogs would pick up some kind of scent........as opposed to bodies being down at the bottom of a very deep lake.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LayzeeDayzee For This Useful Post:

IMO the Mccanns are somewere between, where they unfortunatly met the person and the RV burnt, I'm sure there's lots of side/bush roads between.
    They have to be local, they know the roads. I live small town Canada.
    I can't see them using the car for transporting.
    I do see the possibility of someone framing TV - giving him the car for a pay-off. Setting the cabin fire would lead to TV as he's a pyro. I'm sure he has some enemies.
    Mr Mccann is a trucker- he would of check all things. Theres got to be a record of his milage somewhere around.
    I just want them to be found so much. There is no honor anymore and there really used to be. MOO

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nao For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Almost certainly. RV's burn very intensely, but even very intense heat won't totally reduce a human body. There would still be bone fragments, fillings, possibly remains of dental appliances, etc. But it would be so fragmentary that it would be very difficult to prove a cause of death and so forth. RV's do burn like this sometimes; there are usually a dozen or so deaths every year around the US and Canada.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I agree with you Ruby that something happened the same day they left, maybe even during the first hours of their trip, since there has been no reports of sightings of the RV towing along the SUV reaching their first planned stop (Blue River, BC).
    How long did we calculate will take to reach the campground from St. Albert? 2/3 hours the most?

We have also heard that the SUV was seen at the campground earlier on Monday, July 5th, and here is where Bobbi's alibi creates a problem, IF she is telling the truth, and IF TV didn't move from her place during all those days. Difficult to believe that a guy will stay put for so many days indoors. Oh wait, she said he was ill, right?

The SUV was found east of where the RV was found. How did the perp(s) leave the area after hiding the SUV? I sure hope the area where the SUV was found holds the answer, and that the SUV itself contains all the evidence needed that will point towards the perp(s).
    I'm not buying Bobbi's story either. She says that TV wouldn't hurt anyone. Well how come so many others, including his own father, believe that the CAN hurt someone.

Hazel, I'm with you and Ruby. I believe that McCanns will be found in the area....most likely near the RV. I think they were killed in the RV, the perp(s) hid for a couple of days and disposed of the bodies, but then had to get rid of the RV so that the evidence would be destroyed. The SUV would have been torched too, if he (they) thought there was evidence of foul play in it.

So, as per my red bolding, how did the perp get from the SUV dump site and into town?

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    brought over from the last thread..... so it was not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy24 View Post
    If the SUV was seen in princegeorge and vader was at his sisters the day after the motorhome was burnt then who is the real culprit. vaders sister most likely lieing of course..We all can try to figure out what may of happened but may never know. Even the best dectives may have diff idea but who really knows what happened from st.albert till the rv was burned..pray like crazy..Wish someone would find the McCanns. this is taking to long. The Rv at forensics should have what they need by now..So get on with it..
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

How did the perp(s) leave the area after hiding the SUV?
    I sure hope that they have checked the sisters phone records.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thyme For This Useful Post:

:Welcome-12-june: mindy24
    ★ Thank you ★

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Anyone know if the towbar for the suv required some type of unlocking mechanism, or can anyone just walk up to one of those things and unhook them without encountering some type of security feature? Carbuff, where are you?

44. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

... The SUV was found east of where the RV was found. How did the perp(s) leave the area after hiding the SUV? I sure hope the area where the SUV was found holds the answer, and that the SUV itself contains all the evidence needed that will point towards the perp(s).
    <snip>

Good question Hazel. It's one thing to ditch the SUV down by Carrot Creek and walk out of that grove of trees to the road, but he ended up in Mackay somehow, and I doubt he/they walked that distance.

If TV is in fact involved ...

When TV was spotted in Peers, do we know whether he was driving the SUV? If he WAS, then he was in Peers prior to the SUV being found July 16. In which case, i would hazard a guess that somebody like a Kerchief Kenny from Peers picked him up down near Carrot Creek around July 16 and that's how TV ended up further east at Bulmer's place in Mackay by July 18/19.

BTW, that Getson dude from Niton Junction that said he "hadn't kept in touch with Vader but instantly recognized him in a photo released by police Friday" ... well now, Getson was one of TV's most recent additions to his FB friends list. So I say he WAS in touch with TV recently in some respect while TV was still accessing his FB account in order for TV to accept Getson as a FB friend ... OR maybe it was Getson who accepted TV as a friend. Once you're a FB friend, you can chit chat away behind peoples' backs

Do we know if the McCanns had a laptop in their RV?

bbm and MOO
    Last edited by sillybilly; 07-30-2010 at 03:27 AM.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

I've mapped out the timeline using the following chronology (unfortunately I do not know how to post a map):

1. July 3 - McCanns gassed up in St. Albert
    2. July 5 - SUV seen with the RV at Minnow Lake campground, Site #8
    3. July 5 - RV burned near Minnow Lake Campground 1 hr s/e of Edson
    4. July 8 - SUV sighted in PG with 2 peeps (reported by Bjorklands July 12)
    5. July 10 - McCanns reported missing
    6. July 12?? - TV sighted in Peers a week prior to his arrest *
    7. July 16 - SUV found at RR 144 near Carrot Creek about 45 mins from Minnow Lake Campground
    8. July 18 - possible sighting of TV in white van, Strathcona Blvd, Calgary
    9. July 19 - TV apprehended at Don Bulmer's house in MacKay

* Do we know if the Peers sightings were in the SUV or not? That would establish a timeframe for the Peers sightings.

Dates that may or may not factor in to the above timeline:
    July 4 - TV supposedly in Edmonton with Esther/Bobbi-Jo
    July 9 - TV supposedly left Edmonton?
    July 11 - TV supposedly left Edmonton?

In the above chronology, the Prince George sightings are very plausible. If those sightings were untrue, then we have from July 5 to approx. July 12 between Minnow Lake and Peers that is unaccounted for. IF the Calgary sighting was a genuine independent report (as opposed to misinformation from LE), then we would have to consider which of TV's friends or relatives owns a white van or if a white van was reported stolen **

** ETA: Unlikely the white van was stolen, because it would have to have been reported stolen around the Carrot Creek area further north.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 07-30-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: ETA

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

..i was camping in that area last weekend. i did see numerous posters all over. in addition to the dense bush , the highway along the mountains has the mountain on one side, and nothing but a guard rail on the other side. just a sheer long long way down on the other.if i was a criminal i would throw something / somebody down over there.
    ..the elevation in the edson/jasper area is 3000-4000 ft. depending where you are.

..we stopped at the nojack campground for a lunch break coming home, saw the orange tape on the trees, at the time i didn't know it was from LE marking the areas that had been searched a few days earlier.

..drove through edson, niton junction-----tiny little towns, all around all you see is bush. between that and the mountain drop offs i wouldn't have a clue where to look if i were LE.

..what do we think this guy's motive may have been? robbery? $$$'s for meth? since we've seen the video of mr. mcC paying for gas with a credit/debit card, i doubt they had much cash on them, who does these days.

..i think he ( whoever he is ) did something to them,( at a rest stop ?) and then "he" drove the motor home to the dead end at minnow lake---mr.mc.C would never have purposely parked it there like that on his own. ( experienced campers----as they were---go to great lengths to get it situated "just so" ).

...it's such a sad case, this wonderful couple off on a holiday and they never arrived.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast