TH Losing weight/bodybuilding

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
If this thread is not allowed MODS please delete.
I have lost weight from 180-120 also, actually 110 lbs.
When I was young. I did it all, arobics, the gym.........
But never had the strong built muscles even after working out.
My question is out to any body builders out there.

How did TH do the weight loss and body building into a great body
in such a short ammount of time?
She came in 4th if IRC.

Would she have been happy or obcessed with this?
Mood swings?
What about drinking? Wouldn't that retain water?
2005 same as DUI & contest.
Looks like she kept her body good til after baby K was born.
Could she lose her muscle mass quickly?
20 months later she looks like she NEVER was buff????
I just appreciate anyone who can put insight in to this. TIA

Well I know they are saying she lost 60 pounds or in four months.

I don't really have a problem with that, I know it wouldn't be easy. And would be even harder for a woman of 35 years, not so bad for someone in their 20s.

But IMO she didn't just lose 60 pounds of fat. She lost about 80, and gained 20 pounds of muscle.

She was either exaggerating about the shortness of the time frame in which she lost this, or Kaine is mistaken.

I'm betting this took her longer than four months, I'm sorry. But it must have been a huge accomplishment for her. I'm just saying that she is exaggerating. I also think she was exaggerating about how much the attorney fee was.

Yes I always thought muscles weighed more than fat.
You are right KEYBOARDCAT.........lost more than we thought.

if you put one pound of fat in a container... and put the same amount of muscle tissue in the same container one pound of fat=2.2 pounds of muscle.

I learned this in my nutrition class in nursing school. fwiw

I don't know how she lost all of the weight in four months, but from what I've read about BB is that right before competitons you are on a much stricter routine. I read that alot of BB dehydrate themselves before the competion so their muscles show up better. Also...they are pumping iron backstage to make their muscles look more pumped up.

Kaine said she was taking some kind of stimulants and doing overloads (not his word) of aspirin and ibuprofen.

How does high doses of aspirin/ibuprofen assist in losing weight and/or building muscle? Anyone know?

Kaine said she was taking some kind of stimulants and doing overloads (not his word) of aspirin and ibuprofen.

How does high doses of aspirin/ibuprofen assist in losing weight and/or building muscle? Anyone know?

He also suspected, but could not prove, that she was using anabolic steroids. I think this is quite likely, IMO.

She was probably taking aspirin and ibuprofen to combat the soreness that comes from a heavy regime of weightlifting.

The stimulants were probably either ephedrine or caffeine. Stimulant use is very common among bodybuilders.

I agree...TH didn't look like someone who was using steroids to me. She wasn't well defined and bulky enough IMHO. Her legs and stomach were sorely lacking in defined muscle.

I agree...TH didn't look like someone who was using steroids to me. She wasn't well defined and bulky enough IMHO. Her legs and stomach were sorely lacking in defined muscle.

Tough to say. She could have just been using them for a short time. Her legs do look pretty bulked up to me.

Her legs were somewhat bulky - but didn't feel they were as defined as what her shoulders/arms were...and her stomach...well...that just looked like a toned stomach to me. No definition at all.

But those are just my perceptions

Links only no screen shots.......... please remove the pics

The bigger question to me is whether she was getting back into bodybuilding at the time of Kyron's disappearance. I have read stuff saying that but I don't remember it coming from a solid news source. Maybe it was on her FB before it went private. If she wasn't getting back into bodybuilding then what she was actually taking back in 2005 seems immaterial. I think the most important point is just more evidence of her hiding stuff from Kaine.

She came in 4th if IRC.

Mood swings?

Is there a link for that? I'm not being snarky or anything, I just had surgery and I am way behind and trying to catch up.

Tough to say. She could have just been using them for a short time. Her legs do look pretty bulked up to me.

Right. She only did it for four months. If she had used them for a year or more, it would probably be more obvious. But I have to say, looking at her face, she lost all feminine softness to it. Very angular, muscular, and IMO, masculine. I just don't think a woman could pull off that kind of metamorphosis in four months without steroids. JMO>>>>>>

I can share a story about my (ex) sister-in-law, who did intense training & compitition. I don't remember if she won or placed, but she had "the" portfoilo. She had to eat nothing but protein & pototoes for x amount of time, according to her it was hell & regimented. Not sure if she did steroids, she was always thin (then). I can say I love her to death, but her 3rd marriage (4th (cough...live-in) busted). She gave up her only son who was then around 8 ish & moved away about 7 hours (voluntarily). It had become a blended family (only) when she was in town she would stay at my brother-in-laws house (with whatever man was around). I won't go into his account (BIL-1st Hubby) of the Jerry Springer X-Mas & hers & the new in-laws (no...I wasn't there lol). I do still see her when she is in town & we go way-back being friends...my friends have always hated her (early-on)...which I found odd then. She would be the one wearing the white bathing suit that showed "everything" and I thought she didn't know (back then). Wonder how that is working for her now in her 40's? She is out now searching for guy #5(?). I still catch-up with her & my nephew seems to be doing fine and going to community college...but he never understood. Neither did anyone else...her lst marriage seemed perfect & I was her best friend. Go figure.

IMO, if you work out hard, and expend more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight, especially if you are fanatical about it. I lost 30 lbs between December of last year and March of this year, just from changing my eating habits, and spending an hour a day on the treadmill and taking lots of long hikes. If she was working out heavy and eating correctly, I can see losing the 60 lbs, probably at the expense of time for anything else. Probably stimulants, like a lot of caffiene for doing all the heavy workouts, and aspirin/ibuprofen for recovery.

IMHO, she looks very good in the competition pictures. It's a good balance and not hugely overdone like you see in the bodybuilding world these days. I can totally believe it was done naturally with a lot of work. I'm gonna guess it was done to the exclusion of everything else in her life, though.

She came in 4th if IRC.

Mood swings?

I'm so glad you posted this! I was wondering about her usage of steroids also and was googling that last night. The link I was reading did say that if a person uses steroids for a period of time and then stops, they can suffer from deep depression. I'm not saying she did use them only that *if* she did then stopped before having the baby or started up again after the baby's birth that it could have contributed to mood swings.

All imho only...

Don't fitness competitions submit contestants to a urine test in the USA? I would think they would to keep the contests fair.

IMO, it's possible for her to lose a huge amount of weight and bulk up muscle in four months if she was extremely dedicated to her workouts and was able to keep her body in a state of ketosis.

Steroids are hormones and we all know how hormones can affect mood.

There was no drug testing even for the pros at the competition Terri took part in. She was only an amateur anyway and no amateur contest like that would ever drug test.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back