Is DDS cooperating with the investigation??? Poll is added, please vote.

Do you think DDS is being cooperative with the investigation?

• Yes I think DDS is cooperating with the investigation.

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • No I think DDS is being evasive and not being helpful in the investigation.

Votes: 127 43.9%
  • I don't know, need more information

Votes: 90 31.1%
  • think she's cooperating with mfh investigation after receiving immunity

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I think she is cooperating with the kyron investigation with immunity

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • she has immunity/is cooperating with mfh and kyron cases

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • DDS is cooperating with LE somewhat.

Votes: 17 5.9%

• Total voters

Peliman

Reaction score
I haven't seen any discussion about the Nancy Grace show which was hosted by Jean Casarez tonight. Had to wait for the transcripts before posting but some info was discussed tonight about DeDe's actions over the last few days so I wanted to share with a link. The transcipts maybe worth reading for possible new info. I'm getting the feeling DeDe isn't totally cooperating. JMO

From the show tonight

To Lacey Evans, reporter KXL Newsradio in Portland. You are live there in Portland. You know, we have the tape of Dede Spicher, the very close friend of Terri Horman, that she was summoned to the courthouse, subpoenaed, we would say, to appear before the grand jury. Her attorney has confirmed with us that she didn`t answer any questions, so the video showed her leaving.

Has anybody else been coming to the courthouse to testify before the grand jury, maybe the landscaper that allegedly, according to legal documents, was solicited to kill Kaine Horman, or maybe the childhood high school chum, Michael Cook (ph), who was found later to be sexting, allegedly, with Terri Horman? Anybody else?

EVANS: No, not that we`re aware of. And Kaine Horman and Desiree Young have not (INAUDIBLE) they`ve been called to the grand jury, either. And in fact, we don`t even know what this grand jury is for, who it`s indicting, whether it`s Terri Horman or whether it`s Dede Spicher for something that she may know or may have done here.

In fact, let me go back to Elie Jostad. Let`s talk about Dede Spicher right now. Obviously a very close friend. And the reason she came to our attention is that law enforcement did a search of her home as they did of several other friends.

I know that your producer spoke with Dede Spicher`s lawyer today. What did he -- she have to say?

JOSTAD: Well, right. The important thing is that the parents put out a statement saying that they believe Dede Spicher -- and this is when we first heard her name, was when Kaine Horman and Desiree Young put out a statement, and they said that Dede Spicher was, number one, not cooperating with investigators and, number two, encouraging others who might have information not to cooperate.

Her attorney, however, says that she is cooperating, that she spent over three hours with investigators, answering their questions. He said her e-mails are going to be handed over to police -- e-mails she got from Terri Horman.

However, he wouldn`t talk about where she was the day that Kyron went missing and he also wouldn`t talk about any content that might be in those e-mails.

CASAREZ: Did she take a polygraph, Ellie?

JOSTAD: He wouldn`t confirm it. However, "People" magazine is reporting that two friends of Dede Spicher say that she declined to take a polygraph.

Linky

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/28/ng.01.html

Peliman, you just started a thread like magic! :wink:

Actually, I moved your post because I was hoping someone would bring this up!

Another thing they mentioned on the show was that one of the talking heads tonight thought DDS might have pled the 5th in the GJ, which means she isn't wanting to cooperate.

I'm just speculating, but I sure hope she is telling everything she knows!!!

Peliman, you just started a thread like magic! :wink:

Actually, I moved your post because I was hoping someone would bring this up!

Another thing they mentioned on the show was that one of the talking heads tonight thought DDS might have pled the 5th in the GJ, which means she isn't wanting to cooperate.

I'm just speculating, but I sure hope she is telling everything she knows!!!

Thanks Kim, I do believe she has pled the 5th and from what I gather the GJ can compel her to testify but she would be under immunity. I must say she seems to be protecting something besides her donkey. Cook was also mentioned and there was a comment about the lawyer not being paid by Terri herself if I remember right. Jean Casarez is da bomb. :)

Spicher's appearance with the GJ was a preliminary hearing, lasting less than an hour. Her lawyer made a statement to the press afterwards, FWIW. The 9th paragraph down, I believe, here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_asks_court_to_hav.html
Also, as such hearings can vary in different jurisdictions, there's some handy info on this on wikipedia:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preliminary_hearing[/ame]
Again, FWIW here.

Did her attorney state "She didn't answer any questions" or "She didn't testify"? Was she even asked any questions? It doesn't make a lick of sense to assume she pleaded the 5th, when he's stated she spent over three hours with investigators, turned over correspondence and is scheduled to come back to the grand jury and testify.

Did her attorney state "She didn't answer any questions" or "She didn't testify"? Was she even asked any questions? It doesn't make a lick of sense to assume she pleaded the 5th, when he's stated she spent over three hours with investigators, turned over correspondence and is scheduled to come back to the grand jury and testify.

Spicher's attorney, Chad Stavely, said Spicher was asked no questions but told to return, possibly within a few weeks.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Terri-Horm...ron-disappeared-says-Kyrons-mom-99467399.html

Bean, you made me giggle.

There was a post on Oregon Live comments (I know...) that asked Dede to stay quiet for just one more day. (not an exact quote, IIRC) Was it written by some goofball, no clue, but it tweeked me to read it.

Prayers that someone in this case revive their heart and say something about Kyron's whereabouts. The innuendo, rumors, he said/she said is grating on my last nerve. This isn't about anyone except KYRON!!!!!!!!

Where are you angel?

Not sure if she is cooperating just yet, I believe that DDS will make sure to cover any and all issues regarding her bum first before she really talks.

I do not like her smug grin while walking away from there , she was enjoying herself way to much, and why ? There is a little boy missing DDS, do you know where he is ?

moo of course

interesting that one of the friends said that DDS "declined" to take a LDT.....

thanks for the thread pman!

But did they not ask questions because she pleaded the fifth? Sorry to be so skeptical, but her attorney is going to say anything to help his client. I've seen enough spin in other cases to make me sit back and say "hmmmm". :waitasec:

I've never seen someone plead the fifth on the stand before they were asked a question. Do people do that?

I've never seen someone plead the fifth on the stand before they were asked a question. Do people do that?

I don't know? Good question for our attorneys, BeanE! I just figured that her attorney could go in and announce it in front of the court before she took the stand, but that's an assumption on my part.

wasn't it reported that the lawyer did not accompany her into the courtroom???? sorry if that is incorrect... I will have to go back and find the link

Okay, I'm confused. Why did they subpoena her if they had no intention of asking any questions? Was she the only one there to testify or answer questions?
I think they intended to. But she didn't intend to answer until she had immunity (mooooooooo)

This video may help. It's Gabe Johnson's mother at a hearing. Raw video. The judge knew in advance she may plead the fifth, and talked to her about it when she took the stand. The judge tells her, if she chooses to take the fifth to any question, she will have to plead it when the question is asked. His instructions tell me that in order for the fifth to be plead, at least one question must be asked.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22969905/index.html

For a little background, Elizabeth is under indictment in a criminal case (Gabe's, kidnapping, child abuse, conspiracy to commit custodial interference). Gabriel is a missing baby, last seen with her.

You'll have to watch for about 4 minutes and 45 seconds to get to when the prosecutor starts asking questions and she pleads, but the judge's instructions to her begin just a few seconds in to the video.

ETA: This tells me that you can't just say in advance you're going to plead the fifth. You actually have to do it. It has to happen. And for it to happen, at least one question must be asked in which you do it. They can't assume you will actually do it. Not sure if I'm saying this right lol.

I think nursie is right. I think Dede wants immunity, and there was not time for immunity to be negotiated. She hired her attorney just Friday, courts are closed on weekends, and she had to appear, since she was subpoenaed, on Monday morning. No time for the immunity deal. So she appeared to answer the subpoena, and at some point that morning, her attorney informed the prosecutor that she wanted immunity before she testified. I think the reason no questions were asked is because they didn't want her to plead the fifth. They want to give her immunity so they can get her testimony. MOO.

I was reading comments attached to the CNN article about DeDe and came across some interesting info re: her twitter page. It said she had tweeted some interesting comments in the last few weeks that could be completely innocent or cryptic messages...one was a quote about confessing now and ogre wins twice or something like that and the other was "#Boy+Water+Dirt=Heaven" it included a video of a kid playing in the dirt and could be completely innocent however others ...ALOT of people were speculating that she was somehow using twitter to get messages to TH. I googled and sure enough it seems like there could be something to it....hard to say

Forgive me for not posting a link but Im sure someone else has it...I am unable to dig back through at this time but will try later

Anyone else have thoughts on these tweets?

Please link so we can check them out too! :hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back