Ellen DeGeneres out as 'American Idol' judge

Rats! I got scooped, but I'm sooo happy she's out:dance:, and it's her decision that it wasn't the right fit, because yesterday there were reports that she had a multi-year deal! Not that I'm a fan of replacing her with Elton John or Gene Simmons or Bret Michaels, but at least all of them are in the music industry, as opposed to Ellen who knew nothing about music other than what she liked or didn't!:razz:
Why can't they get another producer to fill Simon's spot, like Berry Gordy or somebody???

Rumors are running wild that Jessica Simpson is being looked at, as a possible judging candidate.

I'm not shocked and happy over the choice Ellen made to take herself out of AI. She is a sweetheart but not the right fit for AI. A sweep of the judges and a new panel would be the ideal. Bret, or Gene might be a better replacement. Gene may be more suited as Bret seems too nice and somebody has to be a straight shooter.

Goz

Bring back crazy Paula!

I would like to see somebody with musical talent in the singing area so that leaves out Gene Simmons and Brett Michaels. At least Jessica can sing and she's pretty funny when she's not trying to be ditsy. Mariah Carey would be awesome; her mom I think was a trained singer and she's obviously got a well trained voice. She probably lacks a certain air of fun though. I would love Jewel.

Bring back crazy Paula!

I would like to see somebody with musical talent in the singing area so that leaves out Gene Simmons and Brett Michaels. At least Jessica can sing and she's pretty funny when she's not trying to be ditsy. Mariah Carey would be awesome; her mom I think was a trained singer and she's obviously got a well trained voice. She probably lacks a certain air of fun though. I would love Jewel.

Always loved Randi - hope he stays. Good for Ellen - it wasn't her gig. I hope Paula comes back. Get rid of Kara (I won't watch the show as long as she's on it). The last time I watched it was when bikini girl was on and Kara came out in that hideous outfit with bikini to outshine her (which she didn't). How embarassing.

I still love Simon -- but I also have a thing for brits :)

If not Paula, Bret Michaels would bring a good twist to the show. I think he would be great entertainment (after watching him on Apprentice). But, please, NO Jessica Simpson.

JMO

Mel

Whoah!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the ticker on GMA say that the judge panel will be Randy, JLo, and Steven Tyler!

Just heard Kara was fired from American Idol..Awwww! (Well, per TMZ, so we will have to see)

dancinggirl.gif

Randy, J-Lo, and Tyler!

I just don't know about this combo?!!

Risky IMO.

Whoah!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the ticker on GMA say that the judge panel will be Randy, JLo, and Steven Tyler!

Steve Tyler would make this line up rather interesting. I heard he fell off the wagon and maybe he needs some down time. I'm sure he can judge music as can JLo. We could be in for a whole different concept.

Thanks Elphaba.

:) Goz

I want Gene Simmons on it. *pouts*

I think he'd be funny. Big Personalities are needed. I haven't watched it in forever but I would if Gene was on there.

Steven Tyler, Gene Simmons, and Ozzy Osbourne! Man, that would be hilarious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back