Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Accused Killers of Chris Newsom and Channon Christian on Trial #20 -V. Coleman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I hope both Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery & 20/20 are at the trial of Davidson The "Ring Leader".

I also hope someone writes a really good true crime book about this horrible horrible horrible case.

This is the worst of the worst, Hopefully the second go round will bring this case the much needed attention it didn't get in the first place.
    Knoxville News-Sentinel reporter Jamie Satterfield has said she intends to write a book on the case when the trials are over.

David In TN

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to William N For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by William N View Post
    Knoxville News-Sentinel reporter Jamie Satterfield has said she intends to write a book on the case when the trials are over.

David In TN
    That is a book I would be interested in reading. She attended and reported on all the trials didn't she? I remember her tweets.

Does anyone know when the new trials are going to take place? I feel so bad for the families and friends of Shannon and Christopher, that they are going to have to sit through new trials. Those poor families, it makes me so angry and so sad.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tricksy For This Useful Post:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/219...ederal-charges

Judge Baumgartner now faces charges in Federal court

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

state has also requested that the decision to retry Cobbins, Thomas and Davidson be thrown out, and for the charges to stand, Coleman will be retried - and as she was not convicted of any of the charges relating to Chris her atty wants all mention of Chris to be kept out of her retrial

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

"Supreme Court: No need for new Christian-Newsom murder trials"
    http://www.oakridger.com/newsnow/x18...-murder-trials

i'm relieved that the state supreme court sees it that way...

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovelydork View Post
    "Supreme Court: No need for new Christian-Newsom murder trials"
    http://www.oakridger.com/newsnow/x18...-murder-trials

i'm relieved that the state supreme court sees it that way...
    Sorry for swearing.....

But this is great freaking news!!!!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

SuziQ I am with you 100%..this case has haunted me ever since I first heard about it. I google for updates every day and I REALLY hope this means they won't have those 3 retrials, that'll be less heartache for the families to deal with...

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

SuziQ I am with you 100%..this case has haunted me ever since I first heard about it. I google for updates every day and I REALLY hope this means they won't have those 3 retrials, that'll be less heartache for the families to deal with...
    BBM. Me too...me too....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

I'm new so I don't know what BBM means, but you'll be seeing a lot of me on christian/newsom threads. Nice to meet you btw Hoping that coleman's retrial is the only one they'll have to go through again, although I really don't see the need in that one either! meh...

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

I'm new so I don't know what BBM means, but you'll be seeing a lot of me on christian/newsom threads. Nice to meet you btw Hoping that coleman's retrial is the only one they'll have to go through again, although I really don't see the need in that one either! meh...
    I wish that "Nessie" got a clean slate and that double jeopardy didn't apply and she could get a worse sentence. IMO she should never walk free in her life. She disgusts me. I hope and pray she will serve the MAX and never reproduce!!!!! Her jury got it wrong. She was VERY complicit with what went on in that house. She HEARD everything!!!!! Sickening! I better stop and give myself a time out. This case really boils my blood and I pray for Deena and Gary and Hugh and Mary every day.
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mama-cita For This Useful Post:

BBM=Bold by me. Nice to meet you too! And Welcome to WS!

Nessa....she is the one out of the four that I hate the most. Her diary entries are disgusting.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    I wish that "Nessie" got a clean slate and that double jeopardy didn't apply and she could get a worse sentence. IMO she should never walk free in her life. She disgusts me. I hope and pray she will serve the MAX and never reproduce!!!!! Her jury got it wrong. She was VERY complicit with what went on in that house. She HEARD everything!!!!! Sickening! I better stop and give myself a time out. This case really boils my blood and I pray for Deena and Gary and Hugh and Mary every day.
    BBM. And I just KNOW she was the one who kicked Channon in the crotch. I was cheering for her dad when he threw that in Nessa's face.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 05-25-2012 at 10:48 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Reposting Gary's words to Nessa in his victim impact statement as posted by our member WSJules. BTW, While Gary spoke, Nessa tried to appear bored and at times was trying not to laugh.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5467068&postcount=55"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Accused Killers of Chris Newsom and Channon Christian on Trial #20 -V. Coleman Trial[/ame]

"my biggest question to you is did jealousy send yo over the line. did you retliate. did you pay her back? I think you did."

"I heard her cries, my son heard her cries and my wife heard her cries. we hared them in our heart just as much as you heard her in your ears."

I can't understand why my God allowed her to die like she did. It is beyond me. And you were there and you heard her cries. You didn't help. You participated. You weren't ther a captive. Youw ere there because you were having fun. A big adventure.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

I totally agree with VC being as involved as the others... I wish she could get life. actually I'm a believer in the death sentence and don't think tax payers should have to pay for her food and health/dental care for the rest of her life. but that's just me. she's an evil monster and none of them deserve to breath the same air as we do

thanks for the welcome, by the way!

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

"TN Supreme Court reverses decision granting new trials for Christian/Newsom murder defendants"
    http://www.wbir.com/news/article/220...der-defendants

"Coleman trial moving forward"
    http://www.wbir.com/news/article/220...trials-unclear

too bad she can't get anything worse than she's already gotten...

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

Great news from the Tn Supreme Court. I believe I posted at the time that I didnt think I had seen anything in the original trials that could have prejudiced the defendants and thus there should be no new trials.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    BBM. And I just KNOW she was the one who kicked Channon in the crotch. I was cheering for her dad when he threw that in Nessa's face.
    Suzi, I feel the same way. Those particular injuries to me showed real rage. The men were using her for pleasure, so it didnt make sense to me that they would inflict those kinds of injuries. But Vanessa.......... well, she had a reason (in her own mind) to really hate Channon. Maybe, just maybe, one of the other defendants will now roll over and testify against her. They may not like the idea that while they sit in prison for the rest of their lives, she could possibly walk away.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    Suzi, I feel the same way. Those particular injuries to me showed real rage. The men were using her for pleasure, so it didnt make sense to me that they would inflict those kinds of injuries. But Vanessa.......... well, she had a reason (in her own mind) to really hate Channon. Maybe, just maybe, one of the other defendants will now roll over and testify against her. They may not like the idea that while they sit in prison for the rest of their lives, she could possibly walk away.
    On the one hand, facilitation will be easier to prove than murder (which she can't be tried for this time). The diary entry for that weekend and the fact that Coleman had items of Channon's in her possession would be enough for an intelligent jury to find her guilty of the charges she will be up for.

But that means an intelligent and perceptive jury, which wasn't the case in Coleman's first trial, three days of which I attended.

Several jurors (two 40-something white women in particular) were stuck on Daphne Sutton. They were too stupid or too biased toward Coleman to realize Sutton wasn't in the house while the murders took place. Coleman was.

In Tennessee, jurors are allowed to ask questions and I saw the two females mentioned above write out their questions and literally throw them toward the judge. They asked why Daphne Sutton wasn't arrested and why were the detectives tricking poor Vanessa.

On the third day, the diary was introduced and the jury had no questions. They either didn't pay attention to what Coleman wrote in her diary ("HA HA! I had a great time in the big TN!") or chose to ignore it.

I would bet that half (or more) of the jurors wanted to turn Coleman loose while the other half wanted to convict her of something. I think it was a compromise verdict.

David In TN

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to William N For This Useful Post:

William, great info. I remember in her first trial that some jurors were hung up on Daphne. While Daphne was an idiot, there was never any evidence she had anything to do with Channon and Christian. So it was so frustrating to hear that the jury thought otherwise. In fact, to the contrary, the testimony was that Daphne showed up that Sunday morning to get stuff from Slim and that she said Coleman was in the bathroom the whole time and she didnt see any other girl. So clearly Coleman was hiding Channon in the bathroom. That unrefutted testimony showed both that Daphne was not involved AND that Coleman was a full participant in AT LEAST Channon's kidnapping. But you are right in that the jury was not very perceptive apparantly and was predisposed in favor of Coleman.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

You know, one of the things that angers me the most about Vanessa Coleman is that she didnt grow up in the bad environment that Cobbins and Davidson did. Not that those two didnt have people that cared for them or that it is an excuse for them. But Coleman had two parents that had jobs and provided for her and ensured she was in school and got an education. She was raised well and yet she still CHOSE to live the thug life.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

So what would happen if one of the other guys began to testify against coleman? i forgot if she was actually acquitted of murder charges or simply not charged with it, but charged with facilitation. im thinking she got acquitted so due to double jeopardy all us justice-seekers are kind of screwed aren't we?

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

46. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    You know, one of the things that angers me the most about Vanessa Coleman is that she didnt grow up in the bad environment that Cobbins and Davidson did. Not that those two didnt have people that cared for them or that it is an excuse for them. But Coleman had two parents that had jobs and provided for her and ensured she was in school and got an education. She was raised well and yet she still CHOSE to live the thug life.
    ITA. These four make a case for each side of the sociopathic nature vs nurture argument. I think Vanessa was born a bad seed. Because I'm curious this way, I would love to know more about her background.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

people's backgrounds interest me as well, but I can't imagine hearing anything in her life that could make me sympathize with her. from what i've gathered she has a decent family life, nothing too traumatic to make her this way.. and I believe in an eye for an eye..i hope she gets kicked in the crotch EVERY DAY she is in prison. i really do. sorry if that offends anybody, but this whole thing keeps me up at night because she is possibly escaping justice. and i just can't imagine being one of the victims parents. my heart goes out to them every second of every day

---------------
    Just my opinion!
    ...\_(ツ)_/...
    ....-Margo-....

50. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelydork For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast