Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
well ive search newspaper this AM i found a update but mosty tells us the seem but here it is if you like read it!!

GEORGETOWN, S.C. — A McClellanville man who was charged with an attempted abduction last week in Myrtle Beach has a lengthy criminal record, including multiple charges of driving under suspension, criminal domestic violence and giving false information to police.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Arrest-made-in-attempted-abduction-in-Myrtle-Beach

Krista, as for ST being a "fall guy" for his brother, that is a good point. But have to wonder if his brother asked him to store that stolen vehicle that was linked to a previous homicide in his garage. This is highly possible. I have seen criminal suspects changing their stories, confessing and recanting in our local area and it totally confuses the juries and it has worked in favor of them not being able to decide. One thing for sure is they all seem to have each others backs down there in GT. Sure hope he is not back on the street but I am pretty sure he is. Probably making sure no one finds that van if it was his or he knows who it belongs to. IMO

Also, LE need to be checking junk yards, etc., and find that van. I think that will be the clencher for finding the two other guys involved.

Basically rehashing the same stuff we already know but maybe, since we know all three counties were working together along with the FBI, Charleston County will be the one to pursue things, especially if they suspect BD was taken to that property. Maybe technically since the property is in Charleston County, that is why Horry County/Myrtle Beach didn't/couldn't do anything on the stolen vehicle on his property. We can hope when/if he bonds out of MB, Charleston Co will be right there to pick him up.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1610045/charleston-sheriff-exploring-link.html

(lots of 'maybe' and 'hope' in that one, huh?)

Krista, as for ST being a "fall guy" for his brother, that is a good point. But have to wonder if his brother asked him to store that stolen vehicle that was linked to a previous homicide in his garage. This is highly possible. I have seen criminal suspects changing their stories, confessing and recanting in our local area and it totally confuses the juries and it has worked in favor of them not being able to decide. One thing for sure is they all seem to have each others backs down there in GT. Sure hope he is not back on the street but I am pretty sure he is. Probably making sure no one finds that van if it was his or he knows who it belongs to. IMO

Great point!! I guess I'm assuming that the brothers live together/on the same property. I pulled up a tax map of the property. Its in Charleston Co if anyone is interested. I didn't post it because the brother AND ST haven't been linked to Brittanee specifically, so I wasn't sure I should post it. Anyway, there are TWO Taylor households on this street....and both are right next to each other. Looking at the Bing map, it appears that it is a decent sized piece of land with a LOT of buildings and vehicles. It's hard to tell what everything it (vehicle, trash, building) but there's just a LOT of stuff on these properties. I'm ASSUMING that this property holds several Taylor family members....but, obviously, I could be totally incorrect.
I agree with you....I'm sure he isn't still in jail. I'm wondering why he would lawyer up while out on his 2 day vacation if he didn't have anything to do with the attempted abduction and could easily verify that he 'wasn't in MB'. Seems he could prove that easily enough with phone records and witnesses. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be afforded a lawyer or that he shouldn't get one.....but it just seems an odd thing to do to immediately lawyer up before ever talking to LE when you can verify your wherabouts and when you had nothing to do with the crime.

Basically rehashing the same stuff we already know but maybe, since we know all three counties were working together along with the FBI, Charleston County will be the one to pursue things, especially if they suspect BD was taken to that property. Maybe technically since the property is in Charleston County, that is why Horry County/Myrtle Beach didn't/couldn't do anything on the stolen vehicle on his property. We can hope when/if he bonds out of MB, Charleston Co will be right there to pick him up.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1610045/charleston-sheriff-exploring-link.html

(lots of 'maybe' and 'hope' in that one, huh?)

BBM

Yeah, but right now (and in the past year) that's all we've had...hopes and maybes. Time for a change.

Credit is not mine.

38804_440521082532_506017532_5941397_6966264_n.jpg

Authorities look for link between missing woman cases
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 7:54 AM EDT Updated: Jul 30, 2010 7:54 AM EDT

*snip*

The disappearance of a New York teen who disappeared on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach more than a year ago, the attempted abduction of a young woman in Myrtle Beach last week and the unsolved murder of a Charleston teen 12 years ago. Charleston murder could all be connected.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=12897934

I have a very strong feeling Brittanee has been at their fingertips since the very first few weeks. I don't know the area well, but from what I can tell, the terrain as treacherous and the brush is probably thick. She is probably concealed really well :( It breaks my heart to say that.

I hope they're able to find her soon and I think they're closer than ever.

It is my opinion that this girl almost got abducted in the exact same location that Brittanee did get abducted. I don't simply mean in front of the same hotel -- I mean I bet the perps had their vehicle parked in the same location. They knew it was possible once and they were cocky and wanted to try again. Whether these are the same guys, or if their message got relayed down the line somehow and new guys acted out, I don't know.

Most obviously LE has spoken with RM and they know exactly where this incident took place. Right down to the exact square footage.

Clearly this location is unsafe. Most likely hidden -- at least from traffic -- both vehicle and foot. I think something needs to be done about that or we're going to continue losing our young girls in this same way.

Is there a such thing as a public camera? I don't know who would monitor it, but there should be cameras that feed directly into the police station. At the very least, the hotel needs to look into installing a camera in this location. I'd be willing to donate money in Brittanee's memory to have a camera installed overlooking where she was abducted. Is anyone else interested in something like that? I wonder who would need to be contacted to have them install an additional camera if someone else funded it.

That's a good idea LLLindsayy. Not sure who should be contacted first. Maybe City Council? Then of course they'd have to talk with LE about it because someone, like you said, would have to man the camera.

A little off topic but I saw on the news this morning a piece about how you still had time to take a vacation and the places that were discounted. Myrtle Beach prices were discounted 10%. Sounds like they may be hurting already (not necessarily because of the crime rate). Maybe installing cameras might make people feel safer and go.

I was telling my daughter about the recent attempted abduction. As I've said a few times before, she was in MB a little before Britt was (I'd have never let her go if it were after). She said what a shame because she really liked MB. As long as I live she will never go again. I know crimes can happen any place but I don't like how Britt's disappearance has been handled. Hopefully (there we go with hoping again), when this is solved we'll understand why it was handled the way it was.

That's a good idea LLLindsayy. Not sure who should be contacted first. Maybe City Council? Then of course they'd have to talk with LE about it because someone, like you said, would have to man the camera.

A little off topic but I saw on the news this morning a piece about how you still had time to take a vacation and the places that were discounted. Myrtle Beach prices were discounted 10%. Sounds like they may be hurting already (not necessarily because of the crime rate). Maybe installing cameras might make people feel safer and go.

I was telling my daughter about the recent attempted abduction. As I've said a few times before, she was in MB a little before Britt was (I'd have never let her go if it were after). She said what a shame because she really liked MB. As long as I live she will never go again. I know crimes can happen any place but I don't like how Britt's disappearance has been handled. Hopefully (there we go with hoping again), when this is solved we'll understand why it was handled the way it was.

^BBM

Myrtle Beach isn't hurting for revenue. It is a relatively 'cheap' destination as compared to others, thereby drawing in MORE people than usual = increased revenue in general.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/jul/28/sales-tax-revenue-exceeds-myrtle-beach-hopes-ar-633671/

But the city wouldn't invest a dime of that money for security cameras/added protection for residents OR tourists. You're on your own down there.

Specifically to this area, it is not a great area of the boulevard and that parking lot right beside BWR is a haven.

**Now, one thing that could greatly affect these numbers is the recent gulf spill. In my city, just inland from MB, I've seen tons of license plates from Georgia and TN...not that unusual, you see a few here and there but seems more than usual lately. Those people who may usually go to the gulf could have come this way. Normally we mostly see people from NY, VA, WV, MI, PA, but this year tending to see a lot more from the more directly western states and that is about the only thing I can think of to explain it.

O/T but small tidbit of trivia...before the air force base came to MB, did you guys know that property was the initially proposed location for Disney World?

Is there a such thing as a public camera? I don't know who would monitor it, but there should be cameras that feed directly into the police station. At the very least, the hotel needs to look into installing a camera in this location. I'd be willing to donate money in Brittanee's memory to have a camera installed overlooking where she was abducted. Is anyone else interested in something like that? I wonder who would need to be contacted to have them install an additional camera if someone else funded it.

Honestly, I think this is an issue for the hotels and city council. It's not that this particular location is unsafe.....it's WAY less populated than the 'main' strip area. The REAL issue isn't with crime in the area, but that THIS PARTICULAR SPOT has poor lighting, poor visibility, and very large buildings/garages that block 3/4ths of what is happening.
Because BWR is right beside the local beach access point, I think it is VERY possible that MB city council would see the value of having a camera installed at the beach access....not only for crime victims, but also for drug deals, car break ins, etc. I also think that better lighting would do wonders for the beach access parking area. Further, the real 'culprit' is all of those parking garages. I think that the hotels that own those spaces should be the ones installing cameras and adequate lighting. There should be cameras installed both in the parking garages AND on the street that the garages block from view.
IMHO of course ;)

Honestly, I think this is an issue for the hotels and city council. It's not that this particular location is unsafe.....it's WAY less populated than the 'main' strip area. The REAL issue isn't with crime in the area, but that THIS PARTICULAR SPOT has poor lighting, poor visibility, and very large buildings/garages that block 3/4ths of what is happening.
Because BWR is right beside the local beach access point, I think it is VERY possible that MB city council would see the value of having a camera installed at the beach access....not only for crime victims, but also for drug deals, car break ins, etc. I also think that better lighting would do wonders for the beach access parking area. Further, the real 'culprit' is all of those parking garages. I think that the hotels that own those spaces should be the ones installing cameras and adequate lighting. There should be cameras installed both in the parking garages AND on the street that the garages block from view.
IMHO of course ;)

I agree with you 100%, especially on the beach accesses. There are signs posted and everyone of them that they belong to the city and are under police jurisdiction - it only makes sense that they should be monitored. However, City of MB is going to invest every dollar in promoting tourism. They get you here to spend the money = MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - don't give a rats behind from that point on. It's just the honest truth.

Up to 40 years if convicted - far stiffer sentence than I thought!

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/30/1610262/victims-mother-falls-ill.html

Josie Hardie with the victim advocate's office told Myrtle Beach Municipal Court Judge Scott Long that the stress of dealing with the recent attempted kidnapping brought on the mother's heart attack and has left the victim unable to sleep.

Timothy Shaun Taylor of McClellanville could spend up to 40 years in prison, Long said, if he is convicted of attempted kidnapping and first degreeassault and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer