1053 users online (191 members and 862 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    789

    $350,000 retainer

    was a gross exageration, according to one of TH's attorneys so why does eveyone keep stating that if TH has $350,000 to pay a criminal attorney then she needs to pay for this, or that or that it needs to be reported as a gift, that she's a tax evader, etc. I don't get it.

    Why do "rumors" in this case keep being reported as fact over and over when they have been proven as false multiple times?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
    was a gross exageration, according to one of TH's attorneys so why does eveyone keep stating that if TH has $350,000 to pay a criminal attorney then she needs to pay for this, or that or that it needs to be reported as a gift, that she's a tax evader, etc. I don't get it.

    Why do "rumors" in this case keep being reported as fact over and over when they have been proven as false multiple times?
    Well, if I recall, the 350k figure came from cops, and they learned because they are monitoring Terri Hormans text messages, so I dont think the initial exaggeration came from cops, but from Terri, who is embellishing this figure for who knows what reason. jmo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    399
    The $350,000 has not been proven to be false yet and most of the things being stated have turned out to be true. Such as TH sexting with Kaines friend, her failing polygraph tests, etc. I do not believe that just becaue TH says she did not pay that much that she is telling the truth because I think just like in the Casey Anthony case, TH and the truth are strangers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    Well, if I recall, the 350k figure came from cops, and they learned because they are monitoring Terri Hormans text messages, so I dont think the initial exaggeration came from cops, but from Terri, who is embellishing this figure for who knows what reason. jmo
    What I'm saying is that has been refuted by her attorney. He is saying that it was "grossly exagerated" however people are STILL saying that she paid a $350,000 retainer. Therefore at this point in time the $350,000 is a rumor that has since been stated as false.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
    was a gross exageration, according to one of TH's attorneys so why does eveyone keep stating that if TH has $350,000 to pay a criminal attorney then she needs to pay for this, or that or that it needs to be reported as a gift, that she's a tax evader, etc. I don't get it.

    Why do "rumors" in this case keep being reported as fact over and over when they have been proven as false multiple times?
    350K is a ridiculous amout for a "retainer" to begin with, and so everyone should have been questioning the reality of it. it might just cost that in the end, but not as a retainer starting point!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
    What I'm saying is that has been refuted by her attorney. He is saying that it was "grossly exagerated" however people are STILL saying that she paid a $350,000 retainer. Therefore at this point in time the $350,000 is a rumor that has since been stated as false.
    Yes, IF its false, its not anyone but Terri Hormans fault for texting it to someone, she is the one who put the figure out there, I dont think her lawyer is refuting that she put it out there, hes refuting she actually paid that. I dont think the cops are lying on Terri Horman. Why she felt compelled to tell someone thats how much she paid, I have no idea, I have a feeling shes not playing with a full deck.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by truckengirl View Post
    The $350,000 has not been proven to be false yet and most of the things being stated have turned out to be true. Such as TH sexting with Kaines friend, her failing polygraph tests, etc. I do not believe that just becaue TH says she did not pay that much that she is telling the truth because I think just like in the Casey Anthony case, TH and the truth are strangers.
    Problem is, the amount allegedly came from a text from Terri to Cook. She could have been lying, she could have mis-typed, it may have been misinterpreted by Kaine and his attorney. But HER attorney would have access (with Terri's permission) to the contract. He says it's grossly overstated. I'll go with a legal contract over a 'sext'. I think the Court probably will too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    Yes, IF its false, its not anyone but Terri Hormans fault for texting it to someone, she is the one who put the figure out there, I dont think her lawyer is refuting that she put it out there, hes refuting she actually paid that. I dont think the cops are lying on Terri Horman. Why she felt compelled to tell someone thats how much she paid, I have no idea, I have a feeling shes not playing with a full deck.
    We don't know the exact wording of that text.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Problem is, the amount allegedly came from a text from Terri to Cook. She could have been lying, she could have mis-typed, it may have been misinterpreted by Kaine and his attorney. But HER attorney would have access (with Terri's permission) to the contract. He says it's grossly overstated. I'll go with a legal contract over a 'sext'. I think the Court probably will too.
    But none of it really matters if Cook has the text that says 350k. Typo or not.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,418
    It is not a rumor and should not be characterized at such. We have conflicting legal filings about the retainer amount. Rumor is when you can't link to something and it comes from an unknown source. This retainer is sourced in two legal filings before a court. Each has a different claim.

    At the present time posters get to make the choice about what they believe. At WS we debate the issue not the posters.

    Thank You.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Problem is, the amount allegedly came from a text from Terri to Cook. She could have been lying, she could have mis-typed, it may have been misinterpreted by Kaine and his attorney. But HER attorney would have access (with Terri's permission) to the contract. He says it's grossly overstated. I'll go with a legal contract over a 'sext'. I think the Court probably will too.
    there is no misinterpretation by Kaine's attorney. His attorney knows full well this isn't a real $$ amount. Kaine's attorney is going to file anything and everything to pressure her. that is all that is going on. nobody pays a 350K retainer. how many times do you say "this is going to cost me a million dollars" (just fussing about how much money something is going to cost). i thought she said this in an email...if she said this in a text - even worse - not too many characters - who the heck knows what she was getting at. this is all legal stuff by Kaine's lawyer. They are playing hardball to try to get her to talk!
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-30-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: removed name variation, or maybe it was a typo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,832
    It COULD be that the $350,000 is what the potential outcome might be if this case goes to trial.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    It COULD be that the $350,000 is what the potential outcome might be if this case goes to trial.
    no doubt, if not more.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    But none of it really matters if Cook has the text that says 350k. Typo or not.
    Sure it does.

    All her attorney has to do is show the judge the contract.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Well then, if that's not what she paid, why not reveal what she did pay? My problem is that people automatically assume that she paid far less. We don't know what she paid, only she and her lawyer know that. If they want to correct this mistake or typo, they need to state the actual amount that was paid! You don't leave a typo in and then argue that's not what you meant, you fix the darn typo!

    Houze, please, I know you're a good lawyer, but you really need to ban her from texting and emailing so crap like this doesn't happen! It's hard to keep defending a client that keeps shooting themselves in the foot! Just ask Jose Baez.
    Last edited by Aedrys; 07-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 10:02 PM

Tags for this Thread