$350,000 retainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvjules

Reaction score
was a gross exageration, according to one of TH's attorneys so why does eveyone keep stating that if TH has $350,000 to pay a criminal attorney then she needs to pay for this, or that or that it needs to be reported as a gift, that she's a tax evader, etc. I don't get it. :waitasec:

Why do "rumors" in this case keep being reported as fact over and over when they have been proven as false multiple times?

was a gross exageration, according to one of TH's attorneys so why does eveyone keep stating that if TH has $350,000 to pay a criminal attorney then she needs to pay for this, or that or that it needs to be reported as a gift, that she's a tax evader, etc. I don't get it. :waitasec:

Why do "rumors" in this case keep being reported as fact over and over when they have been proven as false multiple times?

Well, if I recall, the 350k figure came from cops, and they learned because they are monitoring Terri Hormans text messages, so I dont think the initial exaggeration came from cops, but from Terri, who is embellishing this figure for who knows what reason. jmo

The $350,000 has not been proven to be false yet and most of the things being stated have turned out to be true. Such as TH sexting with Kaines friend, her failing polygraph tests, etc. I do not believe that just becaue TH says she did not pay that much that she is telling the truth because I think just like in the Casey Anthony case, TH and the truth are strangers.

Well, if I recall, the 350k figure came from cops, and they learned because they are monitoring Terri Hormans text messages, so I dont think the initial exaggeration came from cops, but from Terri, who is embellishing this figure for who knows what reason. jmo

What I'm saying is that has been refuted by her attorney. He is saying that it was "grossly exagerated" however people are STILL saying that she paid a $350,000 retainer. Therefore at this point in time the $350,000 is a rumor that has since been stated as false.

350K is a ridiculous amout for a "retainer" to begin with, and so everyone should have been questioning the reality of it. it might just cost that in the end, but not as a retainer starting point!

What I'm saying is that has been refuted by her attorney. He is saying that it was "grossly exagerated" however people are STILL saying that she paid a $350,000 retainer. Therefore at this point in time the $350,000 is a rumor that has since been stated as false.

Yes, IF its false, its not anyone but Terri Hormans fault for texting it to someone, she is the one who put the figure out there, I dont think her lawyer is refuting that she put it out there, hes refuting she actually paid that. I dont think the cops are lying on Terri Horman. Why she felt compelled to tell someone thats how much she paid, I have no idea, I have a feeling shes not playing with a full deck.

The $350,000 has not been proven to be false yet and most of the things being stated have turned out to be true. Such as TH sexting with Kaines friend, her failing polygraph tests, etc. I do not believe that just becaue TH says she did not pay that much that she is telling the truth because I think just like in the Casey Anthony case, TH and the truth are strangers.

Problem is, the amount allegedly came from a text from Terri to Cook. She could have been lying, she could have mis-typed, it may have been misinterpreted by Kaine and his attorney. But HER attorney would have access (with Terri's permission) to the contract. He says it's grossly overstated. I'll go with a legal contract over a 'sext'. I think the Court probably will too.

Yes, IF its false, its not anyone but Terri Hormans fault for texting it to someone, she is the one who put the figure out there, I dont think her lawyer is refuting that she put it out there, hes refuting she actually paid that. I dont think the cops are lying on Terri Horman. Why she felt compelled to tell someone thats how much she paid, I have no idea, I have a feeling shes not playing with a full deck.

We don't know the exact wording of that text.

Problem is, the amount allegedly came from a text from Terri to Cook. She could have been lying, she could have mis-typed, it may have been misinterpreted by Kaine and his attorney. But HER attorney would have access (with Terri's permission) to the contract. He says it's grossly overstated. I'll go with a legal contract over a 'sext'. I think the Court probably will too.

But none of it really matters if Cook has the text that says 350k. Typo or not.

It is not a rumor and should not be characterized at such. We have conflicting legal filings about the retainer amount. Rumor is when you can't link to something and it comes from an unknown source. This retainer is sourced in two legal filings before a court. Each has a different claim.

At the present time posters get to make the choice about what they believe. At WS we debate the issue not the posters.

Thank You.

there is no misinterpretation by Kaine's attorney. His attorney knows full well this isn't a real $$ amount. Kaine's attorney is going to file anything and everything to pressure her. that is all that is going on. nobody pays a 350K retainer. how many times do you say "this is going to cost me a million dollars" (just fussing about how much money something is going to cost). i thought she said this in an email...if she said this in a text - even worse - not too many characters - who the heck knows what she was getting at. this is all legal stuff by Kaine's lawyer. They are playing hardball to try to get her to talk!

It COULD be that the $350,000 is what the potential outcome might be if this case goes to trial.

Well then, if that's not what she paid, why not reveal what she did pay? My problem is that people automatically assume that she paid far less. We don't know what she paid, only she and her lawyer know that. If they want to correct this mistake or typo, they need to state the actual amount that was paid! You don't leave a typo in and then argue that's not what you meant, you fix the darn typo!

Houze, please, I know you're a good lawyer, but you really need to ban her from texting and emailing so crap like this doesn't happen! It's hard to keep defending a client that keeps shooting themselves in the foot! Just ask Jose Baez.

Sure it does.

All her attorney has to do is show the judge the contract.

But, if Terri Horman was lying to someone or boasting the amount she had to pay, it just goes to show how far she will go to lie to someone, and if there is a contract that shows she paid a whole lot less, which I believe, it just adds to her absurdness.

jmo

Well then, if that's not what she paid, why not reveal what she did pay? My problem is that people automatically assume that she paid far less. We don't know what she paid, only she and her lawyer know that. If they want to correct this mistake or typo, they need to state the actual amount that was paid! You don't leave a typo in and then argue that's not what you meant, you fix the darn typo!

House, please, I know you're a good lawyer, but you really need to ban her from texting and emailing so crap like this doesn't happen! It's hard to keep defending a client that keeps shooting themselves in the foot! Just ask Jose Baez.

Well... I'm assuming she paid far less based upon the motion filed yesterday. Up to that point, I had no idea what is the going rate for a top o' the line criminal defense attorney.

I wonder if that email came with a photo? But seriously, ya would think she would know by now it is probable her email, FB, phone calls etc. may be monitored and she would be very careful what she puts out there. :deal:

It is not a rumor and should not be characterized at such. We have conflicting legal filings about the retainer amount. Rumor is when you can't link to something and it comes from an unknown source. This retainer is sourced in two legal filings before a court. Each has a different claim.

At the present time posters get to make the choice about what they believe. At WS we debate the issue not the posters.

Thank You.

My apologies. I guess I'm confusing "rumor" with conflicting reports.

Most of this case comes from an "unknown" source so it gets confusing.

But, if Terri Horman was lying to someone or boasting the amount she had to pay, it just goes to show how far she will go to lie to someone, and if there is a contract that shows she paid a whole lot less, which I believe, it just adds to her absurdness.

jmo

If she's a chronic, habitual liar, why would Kaine believe her anyway?

Until I see the exact wording of the text, I reserve judgement on whether she actually stated that's what she paid. Even then, it's not hard to put in an extra 0 by mistake.

I'd also like to know if this texting occurred before or after she hired Houze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member