Thread: 13 yr. old MS boy charged with stabbing parents/raping child

13 yr. old MS boy charged with stabbing parents/raping child

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/07/21/...cked-them.html

Parents say son attacked them

Police have arrested a 13-year-old Gulfport [MS] youth after his mother and stepfather were found with stab wounds.

At 9:40 p.m. Tuesday, Gulfport police responded to a home on Banbury Court for a report of a stabbing. They found the mother and stepfather of Noah Kaid Burge suffering from multiple stab wounds.
    Both victims told police that Burge had stabbed them and then fled the home...."

and

"....Burge was found in the area of Mays Road and Easy Street, where he was taken into custody without incident. He was charged with two counts of aggravated domestic violence....."

more at link

And the following day, this was reported:

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/07/22/...t-charged.html

Teen stabbing suspect charged with rape

"A 13-year-old charged as an adult in connection with the stabbing of his mother and stepfather has now been charged with statutory rape.

The alleged victim is a girl younger than 10 who is acquainted with Noah Kaid Burge but is not a blood relative, said police Sgt. Adam Cooper.

The rape reportedly occurred Monday, the day before the stabbing. The incidents aren’t directly related and police learned of the alleged rape while investigating the assaults on Burge’s parents, Cooper said......"

and

"....Cooper did not release details on a possible motive for the stabbing but said he believed Burge’s parents remained hospitalized."

more at link

Note that there are some very disturbing comments under both articles--63 and counting under the second article. A poster says they know the child and she is only 7.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 07-30-2010 at 02:54 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=12849328

comment section here about the third one down "randall E****" claims he is best friends with this boy. Also claims the parents were beating him, claims to have seen the scars .....

This is truly sad, something caused this boy to go into a rage ....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

There's a newer comment that refutes that. Who knows at this point? Something terrible is going on. If the child victim is who the commenters say she is, she needs her family right now.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    There's a newer comment that refutes that. Who knows at this point? Something terrible is going on. If the child victim is who the commenters say she is, she needs her family right now.
    I know Missizzy about the comments that refute that , they seem to be other family members posting. Sometimes the nicest people you know beat there children behind closed doors and no one ever finds out ... not saying that this is the case here but something is amiss....

Other comments are stating that the rape charge has been dropped, something about an ex-wife of stepdad throwing out the claim and that the girl was checked and showed nothing had happened to her, says ex wife has thrown it out before because she wants custody of the girl....
    I hope the little girl is ok and that she was not raped, and that the parents recover fully ....

This boy needs help, it will come out if he was being abused.....

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=12849328#
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Mysticrose--Do you have a link to any news report that the rape charge has been dropped as I don't see that. Yes, I've read all the comments and they are ugly.

I wonder why they are officially calling this Statutory Rape? I just did some research into MS law, and it sounds like that term is no longer used. Didn't that term typically mean that force was not used but that the person was not old enough to consent? How could that be applicable to a child under 10?

I found this:

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/07/21/...#ixzz0vClQv4vz

"....The alleged rape reportedly occurred a day earlier [than the stabbings]..."

This makes me think that the boy was caught or confronted.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Mysticrose--Do you have a link to any news report that the rape charge has been dropped as I don't see that. Yes, I've read all the comments and they are ugly.

I wonder why they are officially calling this Statutory Rape? I just did some research into MS law, and it sounds like that term is no longer used. Didn't that term typically mean that force was not used but that the person was not old enough to consent? How could that be applicable to a child under 10?

I found this:

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/07/21/...#ixzz0vClQv4vz

"....The alleged rape reportedly occurred a day earlier [than the stabbings]..."

This makes me think that the boy was caught or confronted.

No Missizzy I dont have a link. It was in the comment section from someone claimimg to be family that the charge had been dropped. So far I have been unable to find any update.......

This link for the comments:

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=12849328#
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I saw it in the comments section too. I noticed that one must now register with the Biloxi Sun-Herald to read the article as it is over a week old. I registered and found no new info. I seriously doubt (but could be wrong) that they would keep a rape charge if the evidence did not exist. In fact, I have a hard time believing that they would have made that charge and increased Burge's bail if they didn't have a positive result from an exam or a disclosure from a child's interview. JMO

13- year old rapes stepsister; stabs parents

Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:01 am | Updated: 9:15 am, Tue Aug 10, 2010.

By Monica Land | 0 comments

Psychological evaluation ordered by the court

GULFPORT - A court-ordered psychological evaluation has been scheduled for a 13-year old boy that allegedly raped his 7-year old stepsister and then stabbed his mother and stepfather. Noah Kaid Burge has been in the custody of the Harrison County jail since he was arrested for the brutal attacks on July 20.

Authorities said the chain of events unfolded on Monday, July 19 at the family's residence on Banebury Cove in Gulfport.

snip

Necaise said he could not comment on the details of the sexual assault, but authorities did confirm Burge has been charged with the statutory rape of the 7-year old.

The next day, on July 20, around 10 p.m., Gulfport police were called to the home and found Burge's parents suffering multiple stab wounds.

They identified Burge as their attacker.

"The mother had been stabbed once in the back of the neck," Necaise said. "And the stepfather had several cuts where he was attempting to get the knife away from the young man."

More at link:
    http://www.mississippilink.com/news/...cc4c002e0.html

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    I'm sorry-statutory rape? I didnt really read that correctly did I? This is forcible rape of a child and incest...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I'm sorry-statutory rape? I didnt really read that correctly did I? This is forcible rape of a child and incest...
    Don't think it's incest as they are not blood relatives. Steps.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I don't get the statutory rape charge either. To me that makes it sound as if she went along with it, and the only thing that makes it rape is the age. She's not old enough to consent.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

That's ridiculous! A 7yo cannot consent! Besides, due to the ages, the age difference should also qualify this as RAPE!

They need to get a new DA!

JMHO
    fran

21. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

WTF?!?! Maybe I am mistaken but I thought "Statutory Rape" described sex with a minor who consented but was not legally of the age where consent is allowable - like in the instance where a 15 year old girl has sex with her 18 year old boyfriend.

This child is 7?!?

This one has me shaking my head. Do I misunderstand what "statutory rape" is within the criminal legal system?!?
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

Crazy charge....he should have been charged with sexual assault, and if there was any force at all...it should have been charged as "aggravated" sexual assault!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I believe there is another definition for statutory rape, than the one most commonly thought of. I know it has been posted on other threads, just can't think off-hand exactly what it said.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

There is a previous thread on this:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Burge

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RLynne For This Useful Post:

Oops! Sorry about that. I don't know why it didn't come up in the new thread search.

Perhaps we could ask a mod could merge the two?
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

Belinda--I started the thread as this came up in some research I was doing on another case. I'm pleased there's been an update but still not very much new info. I check everyday. I'm very intrigued as to what's going on. I'm very pleased to see an update on the parents' condition. None of the news reports had stated how seriously they had been hurt.

I researched the MS law concerning statutory rape and the charges make no sense. The only thing at all I can think of is that LE determined that this was consensual sexual exploration (stretching here) and that neither had the right to consent. The age difference makes that unlikely, IMO. I think the citizens of Gulfport deserve more information on this case.

There's a good number of comments in the Biloxi Sun-Herald paper. Many people are surprised and some aren't.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 08-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post: