The truck, the science project and TH

SurfieTX

Reaction score
http://www.katu.com/news/local/99643109.html?tab=video At 12:00

Reporter: You had previously mentioned about Terri borrowing the truck and that there was conflicting information. Can you talk about that today with us and clarify?

KH: Umm, I think there was conflicting information around the procedure of the science review at school. Umm, I think there was confusion when her and I talked about what they were doing on Thursday versus Friday. Thursday, it turned out to be the actual review of the science projects and discussions from the kids about each one of them. Thursday was just display (???), and between her and I, we were confused initially about whether discussions were going to be both days and it was due on Friday. It was (ACK, I can't rewind this!!) confusion about the 2 days...to pick up his project from school. I think there was just confusion about the timeline.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He basically said that, "Her and I miscommunicated about the science project and the days." We know that TH took the truck Thursday to take the project and reportedly had it on Friday to pick it up.

Kaine's statements today spoke VOLUMES to me.

First off, if TH took the project on Thursday morning, presumably she had an idea that it was due and the reasons why it was due (apparently to grade and to discuss with the classmates). So, really, I don't get why that was so "confusing" and why it was "miscommunicated." If she was under the impression that it was parent morning, that notion would have been nixed right then and there. Add in the sign outside too.

So, then, she doesn't correct the communication with Kaine? "Oh, by the way honey, I took Kyron's project this morning and the teacher said Friday was the parent day, not Thursday." No, all that was said was, "I need the truck again on Friday because Kyron's project needs to be picked up."

THEN, an email in the afternoon about picking up the project, which could have been arranged that Friday morning.

I just don't know...this is way, way too fishy for me. I'm back off of the fence and I think she is guilty as all get-out, IMHO.

PS I never noticed his use of "timeline" before, but he says it here. Significant, I think.

This has been my concern all along. I have posted my reason for thinking Terrie is guilty has been based on this. Was the day of the science fair supposed to be for parents and students until 10:00? Students to be in class at 10:00, roll call taken? Were students supposed to be in class, 8:45, broken in small groups, take tours? If the SF was until 10:00, then what would Kyron need to be taken to his class at 8:45 for. If the students were in fact supposed to be in class at 8:45, I would like a link to the MSM that reported on this.

I have wondered if the truck on Thursday was for her preliminary work.

LE requested videos for Thursday as well.

I wonder what her cell phone pings showed on Thursday.

I have wondered if TH and KH did not have an agreement that TH would take Kyron to school along with fussy Baby K and KH was supposed to pick up the project when he got home early that day. He calls to tell TH he cannot do it. TH then tries to figure out when and how to get it home, while waiting for KH to come home and just do it as planned.

Imagine a fussy baby in a carrier, a 7 year old, and a project to contend with.

Just some thoughts.

I had the total opposite reaction to this. I felt like it cleared up a lot about Terri needing the truck but then never getting the project.

Thursday she used the truck and took Kyron's project to school. Friday she planned to take Kyron to school and watch the "review" (kids talking about their projects) which we have seen from other family home video that Terri has regularly attended in the past.

There was a miscommunication about which day the kids were presenting; Terri and Kaine obviously thought it was Friday morning when the kids would be walking around, and it seems very logical that that's why Terri went in with Kyron that day. If she thought she would watch the presentation and then take the project home, that would explain why she needed the truck again on Friday.

BUT...when she arrived at school and found out that the kids were NOT presenting (she had missed it since they did that on Thursday), I can totally understand not wanting to hang around for 2 hours (8-10) with the baby until the tour was over. Especially since the kids would be with their classmates in small groups. So she just decided to pick it up later. That's why she emailed the teacher to find out when to pick it up. She and Kyron walked around and looked at the projects, and then she left.

This makes so much more sense to me now about when the projects were set up and why they didn't bring it in that morning, and about why she went into the school but didn't stay until 10.

Some people will say that she must have known it was Thursday and did it this way on purpose and lied to Kaine...but WHY? Doesn't it make her look better to go and video his presentation? She could have gone both days and still carried out her "plan" but would have had the video to show what a devoted step-mom she is because, look!, she was just at school yesterday videoing his presentation. I think it was a legitimate mix-up, whether it messed up her planned alibi or she's innocent. To assume this is another lie to Kaine is, IMHO, grasping at straws.

I
Friday she planned to take Kyron to school and watch the "review" (kids talking about their projects) which we have seen from other family home video that Terri has regularly attended in the past.

There was a miscommunication about which day the kids were presenting; Terri and Kaine obviously thought it was Friday morning when the kids would be walking around, and it seems very logical that that's why Terri went in with Kyron that day. If she thought she would watch the presentation and then take the project home, that would explain why she needed the truck again on Friday.

Don't you think, though, that Kyron would have mentioned the fact that he had given his review when he got home on Thursday? The whole project timing issue is bugging me, too. Do we know when on Thursday TH dropped of the project? Wouldn't there have been a lot of other parents there on Thurs. if it was the parents' day to see the reports?

I have wondered if TH and KH did not have an agreement that TH would take Kyron to school along with fussy Baby K and KH was supposed to pick up the project when he got home early that day. He calls to tell TH he cannot do it. TH then tries to figure out when and how to get it home, while waiting for KH to come home and just do it as planned.

Imagine a fussy baby in a carrier, a 7 year old, and a project to contend with.

Just some thoughts.

Personally, I would think that Kaine would have mentioned that by now when he was explaining about the car swap and that, in retrospect, he does wonder why she didn't pick of the project on Friday (paraphrasing)

I just couldn't understand Kaine's statement today about Terri having the truck on Friday and not bringing the science project home, afterall that was why she said she needed the truck. Kaine said there was some confusion in when the project could be brought home. I do not know whether he just didn't want to say anything against Terri in this interview or not but you can bet that Desiree has brought it to his attention and helped him connect the dots in why Terri needed the truck that Friday. I'm hoping he saw this or sees it now and just didn't want to get into any kind of a discussion about Terri----which he has sort of said before he doesn't want to do.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs585.snc3/30862_1489640042016_1264414625_1365627_928039_n.jpg

Could someone figure out the date that it says on the whiteboard? It looks more like June 3.

Well, I zoomed it to 200% and then 400% and then got my dad's magnifying glass (because it's old and real glass!) but it looks like it might say the 11th. Before I zoomed it, it did look like it could be the 3rd or 8th. So, I do not know whether the zoom to 200 and 400% distorted it or not. Sorry.

Well, I zoomed it to 200% and then 400% and then got my dad's magnifying glass (because it's old and real glass!) but it looks like it might say the 11th. Before I zoomed it, it did look like it could be the 3rd or 8th. So, I do not know whether the zoom to 200 and 400% distorted it or not. Sorry.

It does say June 3rd. Remember, this photo was taken first thing in the morning of June 4th, before class started. Teacher probably had not yet changed the date for the day. Sometimes the class will do that together as part of their opening exercises. They talk about the calendar, how many days of school left, weather, etc.

I have wondered if the truck on Thursday was for her preliminary work.

LE requested videos for Thursday as well.

I wonder what her cell phone pings showed on Thursday.

That's what I immediately thought after hearing Kaine's talk of confusion and "miscommunication." It sounds like there was deliberate miscommunication. I don't think Kaine was informed that Friday was parent's day, only that the truck was needed to pick up the project. If he knew it was parent's day, he might have taken an hour to go to the school and visit the science fair before going to work and that may have changed some plans.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs585.snc3/30862_1489640042016_1264414625_1365627_928039_n.jpg

Could someone figure out the date that it says on the whiteboard? It looks more like June 3.

I cropped it and enlarged it, and it does look like June 3 on the whiteboard.

June3.jpg

I can't enlarge any more without it going blurry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

HERE IS A QUOTE FROM ABOVE ARTICLE on 6/5/10:

Witnesses said Kyron arrived at the school with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, on Friday morning, perhaps about 8 a.m. Parents had been invited to attend Skyline's annual schoolwide science fair, an event scheduled for 8 to 10 a.m., according to the PTA.

The stepmother said she last saw Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. walking down the hallway toward his classroom, according to a sheriff's office news release.

It was not clear, however, whether Kyron, like every other student in the school, then participated in a classroom-to-classroom inspection of other science projects.

Parent-led groups of about four students walked among the classrooms, said Gina Zimmerman, president of the Skyline PTA.

"You were supposed to stay with your group," Zimmerman said. "I don't know what group he was in."

However, the sheriff's office news release says school staff did not see Kyron after 8:45 a.m. and that he did not make it to his classroom.

(end quote)

My comment is: This published article states that parents were invited to the annual Science Fair at Skyline School on 6/4/10 during the hours of 8am to 10am. It appears that in the KATU interview either Kaine is trying to make excuses for Terri, or more likely, that he allowed her to confuse him about the activities of Thursday and Friday. IMO - Once he was aware that Kyron "disappeared" nothing that Terri told him made sense.
Kaine did say in another interview that Terri told him she NEEDED the TRUCK FRIDAY to pick up Kyron's project. IMO - Kaine was too pre-occupied, or maybe didn't want to speak to Terri any more than he had to - but too bad when he arrived home he didn't say "where is Kyron's project?". Then, if she had made up some excuse Kaine likely may have said he would take the truck, pick up Kyron from school and get his project at the same time. Done. Was this already a soured marriage? I don't think either of these two spoke to each other unless it was deemed necessary.

If only, if only, if only.
IMO - The truck plus the Science Fair plus Terri adds up to minus one missing child.

This is out in left field but just wondering? Could Terry had taken the picture of Kyron on Thursday morning when she dropped the project off instead of Friday morning when the actual event took place? It's late maybe I am not thinking/reading clearly

Maybe this is neither here nor there, but how big was this project, anyway? It didn't look that big to me in the picture with Kyron in front of it. IMO, why would she need a truck to transport this? It's not like it was the size of a grand piano or something.

I cropped it and enlarged it, and it does look like June 3 on the whiteboard.

June3.jpg

I can't enlarge any more without it going blurry.

Dear Leila,

i'm behind on posts. Your pictures, thx, are intriguing. What is your interpretation? Pleeze excuse any spelling errors.

I just couldn't understand Kaine's statement today about Terri having the truck on Friday and not bringing the science project home, afterall that was why she said she needed the truck. Kaine said there was some confusion in when the project could be brought home. I do not know whether he just didn't want to say anything against Terri in this interview or not but you can bet that Desiree has brought it to his attention and helped him connect the dots in why Terri needed the truck that Friday. I'm hoping he saw this or sees it now and just didn't want to get into any kind of a discussion about Terri----which he has sort of said before he doesn't want to do.

bold mineB

Yes, there was confusion because of TH. I don't know if any of you all have ever lied to anyone before (I have, I admit), and confusing the facts/my story was an easy way to convince the one I wanted to dupe. The dupe just shakes his head and says, "Okay." No dupe wants to admit he doesn't understand. It was just easier for KH to agree and think that he was wrong.

Premeditated on TH's part. Absolutley imo.

It does say June 3rd. Remember, this photo was taken first thing in the morning of June 4th, before class started. Teacher probably had not yet changed the date for the day. Sometimes the class will do that together as part of their opening exercises. They talk about the calendar, how many days of school left, weather, etc.

I am wondering....on such an important day why the teacher had not changed the date. Many parents who came to see the Science Fair had to take off work. If I was a teacher there, I would have changed the date earlier, but that's just me.

Obviously, the teacher had more on her/his mind than getting the details together if what you say is true. Has she/he been asked about her/his mistake?

tia

This is out in left field but just wondering? Could Terry had taken the picture of Kyron on Thursday morning when she dropped the project off instead of Friday morning when the actual event took place? It's late maybe I am not thinking/reading clearly

yes, this is a distinct possibility imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back