763 users online (115 members and 648 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kyron's Parents in Touch with Oprah

But refuse to take money for Kyron Horman Story.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/...ney-for-story/

There is always speculation about ways to raise money for searches, PI, Legal Fees.

The Parents of Kyron Horman say they will not take money for a story with Oprah.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-30-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post

There is always speculation about ways to raise money for searches, PI, Legal Fees.

The Parents of Kaine Horman say they will not take money for a story with Oprah.
    I think they should and then do good with it.

My opinion. Oprah's selling ad time, declining the money means it stays in HER bank, or SHE picks where it goes. Oprah makes money on every single show, every single guest. If it's a ton, they can build a playground or something. If it's not so much they can help family with compensation for time away from work.
    Last edited by xin; 07-30-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: apostrophe police

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post

The Parents of Kaine Horman say they will not take money for a story with Oprah.
    Thanks, Grandma! I think you mean Kyron's parents, though...not Kaine's.

How refreshing to see that they do not want any money and wouldn't sell the story (unlike certain other families). In this case, it really is all about doing what they can for their son. I think Oprah has done a nice job with these type shows in the past.

She just mistyped it, y'all -- the article says Kyron's parents (Kaine and Desiree). She'll fix it when she gets back to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana46 View Post
    Kaine's parents? Wow that is the first mention I have heard of them.Thanks Grandma!!!
    Sorry darlin typo. Kyron's parents. arrrggggggg My 4 grands all have K names. I do this with them too.

They should take the compensation for the show. What if Kyron is still alive - he's going to need lots of therapy after this ordeal, or it could be put into a trust for his future college expenses. What about the possibility of a PI - those aren't cheap either. Or the money could be used for scholarships in Kyron's name or to help fund an organization for missing children. This money could be put to lots of good uses.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Um, the comments say Oprah does not pay for interviews.

Perhaps the Oprah show pays for search and rescue? (Tried google, but not my greatest ability.)

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

MBLover, I think they probably don't want to be accused of being in it for money or feel like they're making money off their poor little son's ordeal in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Um, the comments say Oprah does not pay for interviews.

Perhaps the Oprah show pays for search and rescue? (Tried google, but not my greatest ability.)
    Yes, and the reporter commented to say he didn't mean to imply that Oprah did pay...hmm, I have to say, it looked like that was his intended implication to me.
    Last edited by wondering1; 07-30-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: the reporter, not the report...grrr

Sherbie - I can understand that...but they don't actually have to take the money - it could be specifically stipulated how the money should be handled - for Kyron, or if G-d forbid he's not found that it would be put to other uses. Kaine & Desiree don't even have to touch the money or have it in their name.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    Thanks, Grandma! I think you mean Kyron's parents, though...not Kaine's.

How refreshing to see that they do not want any money and wouldn't sell the story (unlike certain other families). In this case, it really is all about doing what they can for their son. I think Oprah has done a nice job with these type shows in the past.
    Why not accept the money? The story is already being sold to an audience by Oprah. By not accepting the money, they are donating it to one of the richest women in the world.

IMO

I think along with Morgan Harrington's parents, Desiree and Kaine seems like the most compassionate and grounded parents I've seen in these cases.

I have mixed emotions about them being on Oprah ..... they look like they both could use a 48 hour nap at this point and lots of chicken soup and TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Sherbie - I can understand that...but they don't actually have to take the money - it could be specifically stipulated how the money should be handled - for Kyron, or if G-d forbid he's not found that it would be put to other uses. Kaine & Desiree don't even have to touch the money or have it in their name.
    I hate to tell you guys this, but they probably already received $ from Dateline. They should not make possible compensation the issue, it is their private matter; the issue is that they are not limiting the distribution of the story based on money. I would advise client to take it.
    Last edited by xin; 07-30-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

I found this article saying Oprah hasn't paid for an interview in 25 years

Still, Nadya was not paid for her Oprah Show interview. "I want you all to know we did not pay Nadya a dime for this interview, neither have we ever paid in 25 years," Oprah says. "I don't believe in that."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast