Kyron's Parents in Touch with Oprah

But refuse to take money for Kyron Horman Story.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

There is always speculation about ways to raise money for searches, PI, Legal Fees.

The Parents of Kaine Horman say they will not take money for a story with Oprah.

I think they should and then do good with it.

My opinion. Oprah's selling ad time, declining the money means it stays in HER bank, or SHE picks where it goes. Oprah makes money on every single show, every single guest. If it's a ton, they can build a playground or something. If it's not so much they can help family with compensation for time away from work.

But refuse to take money for Kyron Horman Story.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

There is always speculation about ways to raise money for searches, PI, Legal Fees.

The Parents of Kaine Horman say they will not take money for a story with Oprah.

Thanks, Grandma! I think you mean Kyron's parents, though...not Kaine's.

How refreshing to see that they do not want any money and wouldn't sell the story (unlike certain other families). In this case, it really is all about doing what they can for their son. I think Oprah has done a nice job with these type shows in the past.

She just mistyped it, y'all -- the article says Kyron's parents (Kaine and Desiree). She'll fix it when she gets back to this thread.

Kaine's parents? Wow that is the first mention I have heard of them.Thanks Grandma!!!

Sorry darlin typo. Kyron's parents. arrrggggggg My 4 grands all have K names. I do this with them too. :)

They should take the compensation for the show. What if Kyron is still alive - he's going to need lots of therapy after this ordeal, or it could be put into a trust for his future college expenses. What about the possibility of a PI - those aren't cheap either. Or the money could be used for scholarships in Kyron's name or to help fund an organization for missing children. This money could be put to lots of good uses.

Um, the comments say Oprah does not pay for interviews.

Perhaps the Oprah show pays for search and rescue? (Tried google, but not my greatest ability.)

MBLover, I think they probably don't want to be accused of being in it for money or feel like they're making money off their poor little son's ordeal in any way.

Um, the comments say Oprah does not pay for interviews.

Perhaps the Oprah show pays for search and rescue? (Tried google, but not my greatest ability.)

Yes, and the reporter commented to say he didn't mean to imply that Oprah did pay...hmm, I have to say, it looked like that was his intended implication to me.

Sherbie - I can understand that...but they don't actually have to take the money - it could be specifically stipulated how the money should be handled - for Kyron, or if G-d forbid he's not found that it would be put to other uses. Kaine & Desiree don't even have to touch the money or have it in their name.

Thanks, Grandma! I think you mean Kyron's parents, though...not Kaine's.

How refreshing to see that they do not want any money and wouldn't sell the story (unlike certain other families). In this case, it really is all about doing what they can for their son. I think Oprah has done a nice job with these type shows in the past.

Why not accept the money? The story is already being sold to an audience by Oprah. By not accepting the money, they are donating it to one of the richest women in the world.

IMO

I think along with Morgan Harrington's parents, Desiree and Kaine seems like the most compassionate and grounded parents I've seen in these cases.

I have mixed emotions about them being on Oprah ..... they look like they both could use a 48 hour nap at this point and lots of chicken soup and TLC.

Sherbie - I can understand that...but they don't actually have to take the money - it could be specifically stipulated how the money should be handled - for Kyron, or if G-d forbid he's not found that it would be put to other uses. Kaine & Desiree don't even have to touch the money or have it in their name.

I hate to tell you guys this, but they probably already received $ from Dateline. They should not make possible compensation the issue, it is their private matter; the issue is that they are not limiting the distribution of the story based on money. I would advise client to take it.

That's a great idea! Hopefully, if Oprah does pay for interviews or video/photos used for the show, the parents could ask her to donate it to a trust fund of some type for Kyron or even a non-profit. :)

yeah I'm pretty sure I've heard Oprah say in the past that she does not pay for interviews (but we all know about licensing fees paying expenses etc.)

I really hope she has them on her show though and I also hope they do get some kind of compensation, which as others have said, can be put to good use in the search for Kyron

She pays.

How do you know? Not trying to contradict you. I honestly don't know the answer, but found the article I linked above where she is quoted as saying she doesn't pay.

And the reporter didn't deny the comment saying she doesn't pay. He just said that he didn't mean to imply that she did pay, and "apologized" for the confusion. I would think he would have just said the comment was wrong instead of apologizing. Maybe he doesn't know either and was too lazy to find out for sure :)

That's a great idea! Hopefully, if Oprah does pay for interviews or video/photos used for the show, the parents could ask her to donate it to a trust fund of some type for Kyron or even a non-profit. :)

They may need the money. Missed work and other related expenses (like maybe a PI), and these expenses will mount. It's their business.

imho

How do you know? Not trying to contradict you. I honestly don't know the answer, but found the article I linked above where she is quoted as saying she doesn't pay.

And the reporter didn't deny the comment saying she doesn't pay. He just said that he didn't mean to imply that she did pay, and "apologized" for the confusion. I would think he would have just said the comment was wrong instead of apologizing. Maybe he doesn't know either and was too lazy to find out for sure :)

I deleted the comment, I'm sorry. Not personal. I was out of line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back