Discussion: Is TH responsible for Kyron's disappearance? #2(POLL ADDED)

After 8 weeks now, do you think Terri is involved with Kyron's disappearance?

• Yes, I feel quite certain she is involved

Votes: 172 65.2%
  • No, I am not convinced in any way that she is involved

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • I'm sitting on the fence - it could go either way

Votes: 40 15.2%
  • I will not decide until I can see hard evidence.

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE MEEK!

If you get upset about other opinions that differ from your own, then please exit quietly. :blushing:

This is for the debate of TH's involvement. There is a lot of spattering of this topic through the threads and it's getting distracting.

Remember, keep your posts from addressing other posters directly when you have an opposing view.

I made a mistake and merged this thread with a non-discussion thread. My apologies for the confusion!

Aah a clean slate then!

Ok I've been mulling this around for 8 weeks! From the first presser I felt there was something off about TH. She looked more scared than worried. But, at that point, we knew nothing (not that we know a lot more now, lol).

I still don't know whether or not I think TH is responsible. I've been pretty comfy on this fence.

If she is, I think it was an accident. I think she took Kyron to school. Told him to look around at the other exhibits and meet her back outside for the doctor's appointment. Some time after leaving the school, with Kyron in the truck, on the way to the doctor's appt, something happened. Then she went into panic mode (driving around) and cover up mode (DDS leaving work).

I simply don't see TH as a criminal mastermind. I do, however, see her as someone who would cover for a mistake rather than own up to it.

But, for now, I'm still on the fence. :p

She is not yet responsible for his disappearance for me, as long as she is not a POI or a SUSPECT.
Until LE says she is, I am not even gonna speculate anymore.
I don't put much into anything the family has to say about her anymore.
It seems to me, she had the responsibility to look after Kyron the most, and none of them seem to know much about her. Even her own husband. Desiree's answer on Dateline to the question Was she a good Mother? Desiree said, I would't say she would replace me, obviously, but she definately gave him what he needed.
LE hasn't sent them out to hound Terri. They are doing that on their own because of their own beliefs. That says plenty to me about all their characters.

I have been on the fence the entire time, although I have slid both directions more than once.

For me, today, listening/watching the presser, I personally felt that Kaine and Desiree were backing away from their prior assertaions that she is involved. Maybe that was planned on their part, to back off a little? I don't know... but I am still not convinced.

I am not convinced that Terri is involved. I understand why D&K need to think she is, as the other options are probably worse to them. They might think that Terri would play some sort of ghastly trick on them, but a sex offender or predator would mean the worst.

Actually, everything I have heard that points to Terri has come from D&K or unnamed sources so I just can't say as yet.

TH is definately guilty of something that will be a felony and will throw her into jail.
I just can't decide if it actually has something to do with Kyrons disappearance. I've seen nothing that indicates she had an animosity toward the child. so I can't make the leap that she was an evil kook and killed him, even out of spite. After his disappearance,
I do see her starring off into space at the pressers realizing that her goose is cooked because her plan to be free from Kaine will become public knowledge. It wasn't that far advanced but it still won't look good. She knows she'll blow every polygraph they give her because she hated Kaine and wanted out. She watched enough shows to know that any thing she written, ordered, discussed or searched on her computer will reflect on her. She took him to school, she was responsible. She knows she would be frantic and crazy because she would not know who to believe or who to trust. She is f'd, so she talks to a couple friends, family, they advise her to lawyer up. What we don't want is le and everyone else convincing her to say things that will only get misconstrued.

they've all been badgering her about Kyron, they don't like her explanations, she is stressing, she knows she's said some terrible things about Kaine, but not about Kyron.

Now she's probably thinking that she would have done more, but the sting was the stupidist things she'd ever seen. She's wonderng where Kyron is. She wants him back, she wants this whole crazy relationship nightmare to end.

OME opinion....only. Subject to change.

I can think of a whole shipload of things that TH is ''responsible for'' but none of them too printable at this time, however, with regards to the disappearance perhaps but not conclusively from my point of view. As Ada pointed out, I believe she's committed to covering her ''perceived'' negligence at this point. Kind of like catching your chocolate covered 4 yr old with his hand in the cookie jar kind of 'perceived' negligence. The four year old ate the chocolate chips but NOT the cookies.

I do not think she was involved in Kyron's disappearance. I believe she left Kyron at school just as she stated.

I *think* in the beginning she did cooperate with LE. I *think* they just didn't like her answers, i.e. I didn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. LE: Yes you did. And finally she got smart and got a defense attorney knowing LE was trying to peg it on her. She's a highly intelligent individual after all who watches CSI (wink wink) and she would know she needs a defense attorney.

I think like someone said above she has done something that is against the law, was involved in something. Steriods maybe? Just a reach but maybe she doesn't want to share, give away where she was because it will bring down many of her bodybuilding friends as far as getting arrested. *shrugs*

Early on, I was much more suspicious of Terri and believed it was possible she was involved in some way, but with the passing weeks, I've grown more skeptical about whether or not she was involved at all.

IMHO, Desiree has convinced a lot of people that Terri is guilty. I say Desiree because she has been much more vocal, and she is compelling as a grieving mother. Obviously, Desiree is destroyed without her son, and you see it on her face and you hear it in her voice. This is very important in my reasoning, but one thing I've taken away from the press conferences is that Desiree believes Terri is capable of abducting Kyron but not killing him, hence why she believes he's still alive. Deep down, I think Desiree knows Terri loves Kyron, which is why even though she believes Terri is responsible for his abduction, she can't fathom that he is dead. Desiree needs Terri to be responsible in order for this prophecy, Kyron being found alive, to fulfill itself. Desiree's husband is LE, I'm sure she's heard the stories, and even laypersons know the likelihood of a child being alive if taken by a sexual predator. Terri is her best suspect because in Desiree's mind, she's the only suspect who can be responsible and yet Kyron still be found alive.

Also with regard to Desiree, I believe she's never liked Terri, perhaps with good reason, and her dislike of Terri is influencing her interpretation of Terri's behavior to the extreme. IMHO, Desiree is a key reason why Terri has been found guilty in the court of public opinion, and perhaps even within Desiree's inner circle. Who's going to argue with a grieving mother? Who's going to tell her she's wrong when her son is missing and likely dead? And, in addition to that, Terri has behaved in ways that make her appear suspicious; however, having said that, I also believe there is a lot of misinformation out there about Terri and that day.

I hear a lot about instincts and what is viewed as odd behavior, but if you're looking for it, you're going to find it, IMHO, and Terri hasn't exactly helped herself in this regard. IMHO, if LE had a lot of evidence, Desiree wouldn't be talking about her instincts and odd behavior. The lack of evidence in this case is baffling. I don't believe LE has much in the way of evidence, certainly not a murder scene. After so long of looking at Terri, and still not uncovering much evidence, I have to wonder if they're looking at the right person and in the right places.

Thank you, cypress, for typing all of that out... you saved me the time & effort of having to do it, myself.

Suffice to say I agree with you 100%. :)

IMHO..TMH is guilty as HELL-O for whatever it is that has happened to Kyron.... Funny thing, when I saw that first presser.. I didn't even know who was who until the family was introduced to the media and the public. I knew immediately at that presser from her actions she was involved in Kyron's disappearance..And to my knowledge none of us knew at that time that DY,TY or KH even suspected her of any wrong doing..So for the record.. DY, TY and KH did not influence my decision concerning her guilt, but her actions have certainly substantiated my belief...

I also fully realize it is quite possible LE may not have a lot of physical evidence especially since Kyron has not been found and LE may never find out IF he is alive or deceased..I also realize LE may not ever be able to press charges against her due to those unfortunate circumstances, however that doesn't mean she is innocent..
IMHO..It just means she is a diabolical, conniving, cruel, heartless poor excuse for a woman who didn't get caught.JMO

I am fairly certain that TH is involved in some way. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kyron did turn up alive after all this. I firmly believe that LE has a lot more information that we couldn't even guess at at this point. I believe that off all the people that were at the science fair that Friday not one has pointed to a stranger being involved. LE was simply doing their job in clearing the family and TH is the one person that they have not been able to clear. Her actions since then have been nothing short of bizarre.
I also believe that unless they get a big break, or TH confesses or Kyron turns up that they are at a stalemate and cannot make an arrest that will stick or that would fully punish the person that did this. Maybe they could get her on a lessor charge but what if she walks away with something like child neglect and then years down the road they find his body? They can't go back and charge her again and she really would get away with murder.
I can understand this but the risk is that no one will ever be arrested. I would rather the guilty pay the fullest price possible.
Kyron is sadly the only one that can get justice for himself by being found.

I think it all points that Terri is probably responsible but I have a lot of questions as to why. I'm not sure that she doesn't have some reason to try and be hiding Kyron, or at least believes that he needs to be protected and hidden. I'm just hoping it's out of love and not a snapping episode where Kyron might have been harmed. We need more info about the dr. appointment, the true state of the marriage, why she might have allegedly wanted rid of Kaine thru murder, what was going on, and how she was really reacting and disciplining Kyron.

IMHO, Desiree has convinced a lot of people that Terri is guilty. I say Desiree because she has been much more vocal, and she is compelling as a grieving mother. Obviously, Desiree is destroyed without her son, and you see it on her face and you hear it in her voice. This is very important in my reasoning, but one thing I've taken away from the press conferences is that Desiree believes Terri is capable of abducting Kyron but not killing him, hence why she believes he's still alive. Deep down, I think Desiree knows Terri loves Kyron, which is why even though she believes Terri is responsible for his abduction, she can't fathom that he is dead. Desiree needs Terri to be responsible in order for this prophecy, Kyron being found alive, to fulfill itself. Desiree's husband is LE, I'm sure she's heard the stories, and even laypersons know the likelihood of a child being alive if taken by a sexual predator. Terri is her best suspect because in Desiree's mind, she's the only suspect who can be responsible and yet Kyron still be found alive.

Also with regard to Desiree, I believe she's never liked Terri, perhaps with good reason, and her dislike of Terri is influencing her interpretation of Terri's behavior to the extreme. IMHO, Desiree is a key reason why Terri has been found guilty in the court of public opinion, and perhaps even within Desiree's inner circle. Who's going to argue with a grieving mother? Who's going to tell her she's wrong when her son is missing and likely dead? And, in addition to that, Terri has behaved in ways that make her appear suspicious; however, having said that, I also believe there is a lot of misinformation out there
about Terri and that day.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion because I don't believe Desiree has put the focus on Terri at all. I think LE did a pretty good job of that when they released the flyer with a picture of Terri and the truck she was driving that day on it. To me, it's irrelevant what Desiree's feelings are for Terri dating back to the time when she began her relationship with Kaine because it appears that for all intents and purposes they all worked very hard to ensure that Kyron was well taken care of and that he obviously enjoyed spending time with both sets of parents. To me, that has no bearing at all on the reasons why not only Desiree, Kaine, and Tony believe that she is guilty of Kyron's disappearance. I further believe that Terri has sealed her own fate with her participation in a murder-for-hire plot against Kaine, not only "sexting" a man who was not her husband but sending provocative pictures of herself in the days following Kyron's disappearance as well as her extremely bizarre behavior and apparent lack of emotion during the press conferences in the beginning. I do not believe that Desiree has held a gun to Terri's head and forced her to do any of those things; therefore, based on all that we have heard so far, there is only one person that could be responsible for Kyron's disppearance and that person is Terri Moulton Horman and frankly, I can't wait to see the day that she is thrown in jail because she deserves no better than that. In fact, hell isn't hot enough for her. JMO.

I don't know whether or not TH is guilty...I am wavering back and forth. However, I posted the following question on another thread and thought maybe it would 'fit' here, if it doesn't mods please delete!

Question: I do believe that getting the word out about Kyron is a great thing, and must be done. However, I wonder if the constant focus on TH might be causing the general public to be less aware. People are expecting TH to have taken him and to know where he is...therefore would they be as vigilant as they would be if they didn't think TH was involved? Could the constant focus on TH as a suspect (by the media) be causing tunnel vision for the public?

For clarification purposes: hypothetically, if TH were innocent, has all the attention on TH allowed the real culprit to 'disappear'? At this point, if she isn't the one who did it...WTH happened?

Early on, I was much more suspicious of Terri and believed it was possible she was involved in some way, but with the passing weeks, I've grown more skeptical about whether or not she was involved at all.

Also with regard to Desiree, I believe she's never liked Terri, perhaps with good reason, and her dislike of Terri is influencing her interpretation of Terri's behavior to the extreme. IMHO, Desiree is a key reason why Terri has been found guilty in the court of public opinion, and perhaps even within Desiree's inner circle. Who's going to argue with a grieving mother? Who's going to tell her she's wrong when her son is missing and likely dead? And, in addition to that, Terri has behaved in ways that make her appear suspicious; however, having said that, I also believe there is a lot of misinformation out there about Terri and that day.

I hear a lot about instincts and what is viewed as odd behavior, but if you're looking for it, you're going to find it, IMHO, and Terri hasn't exactly helped herself in this regard. IMHO, if LE had a lot of evidence, Desiree wouldn't be talking about her instincts and odd behavior. The lack of evidence in this case is baffling. I don't believe LE has much in the way of evidence, certainly not a murder scene. After so long of looking at Terri, and still not uncovering much evidence, I have to wonder if they're looking at the right person and in the right places.

These are my thoughts as well, thanks for taking the time to type it all out!

I feel she was involved.

I'm going to have to go with Occam on this one. The theory with the simplest explanation/fewest new assumptions is usually the correct one.

I think Terri is a lot of things, but I don't see cold blooded murderer or manipulating child endangerer either.

I think she's been spending a good dealof her time under the influence of things in her recent history and I think this is what is behind her 'guilt.'

I think that she left the fair early that day for reasons only known to her, but possibly not in either child's best interest...so indirectly she feels responsible for not assuring Kyron's safe transition into school care. I believe she is hiding something, but at this point in time I don't think it's kidnapping or murder.

I don't think she is an 'ice-queen' I believe she is consuming larger quantities of something to deal with said guilt, and her behavior is becoming more irratic under this influence, and her emotions are becoming more & more surpressed.

Of corse this is all speculation, but that's my impression of it all. It makes me a bit frustrated the more K&D pressure her, because I expect her to withdraw more & more, which will just make it more & more difficult for LE to rule her out & move on...I'm afraid that they are spending too much time & energy on this, and so indirectly her behavior could be the cause of lord only knows what for Kyron's fate.

I really would like to see her go to rehab...comical in a way interms of the latest 'fad' for people who f'up in one way or another...but I think this woman does need some serious counseling and SA help...maybe then she may begin to uncover thisperson that Kaine speaks about marrying, the type of person that puts childrren first, and will be able to finally help this whole process.

The more time that goes on the more bleak I feel Kyron's chances are...so his fate could already be locked, and her mental health status may be irrelivant at this point...the only thing I keep holding onto is the mere fact that he hasn't been found, so that means he could still be breathing...

So, I wish LE & K&D would work more in that direction than in pressuring/humiliating/abandoning her...I don't think this has prooved very effective, except in making her behave more irratically and withdraw further.

I just can't see Terri Horman NOT being involved in Kyron's disappearance. First of all, she lied about where she was in the hours she was unaccounted for. Her cell phone pings do not support where she said she was. Her story about driving around on rural roads to quiet her daughter because she had an earache is outrageous. Who does that? Her cell phone pings place her on Suavie Island at some point that morning, don't they? She tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband. LE does not believe her story and I have to believe they know way more than we do. Why lie if you have nothing to hide? Lying is the first sign of guilt in my opinion. It may not be guilt in Kyron's disappearance, but it's guilt about something. Sexting and sending sexual explicit photos of herself to a high school friend of her husband's while Kyron is missing. Who does THAT while looking for a missing child? Why tell the teacher (across a crowded gym) that Kyron has a doctor's appointment then say she meant the following Friday? A full week before the appointment, wouldn't there have been a better time to tell the teacher about the appointment? There is just too much circumstantial evidence for me to overlook and believe that Terri was not involved.

I don't know whether or not TH is guilty...I am wavering back and forth. However, I posted the following question on another thread and thought maybe it would 'fit' here, if it doesn't mods please delete!

Question: I do believe that getting the word out about Kyron is a great thing, and must be done. However, I wonder if the constant focus on TH might be causing the general public to be less aware. People are expecting TH to have taken him and to know where he is...therefore would they be as vigilant as they would be if they didn't think TH was involved? Could the constant focus on TH as a suspect (by the media) be causing tunnel vision for the public?

For clarification purposes: hypothetically, if TH were innocent, has all the attention on TH allowed the real culprit to 'disappear'? At this point, if she isn't the one who did it...WTH happened?

This is my fear. As the profiler (his name is completely escaping me atm although I can envision his face clearly :banghead:) said the other day, there's not a single shred of evidence against Terri, and I'm afraid with the obsessive concentration on Terri, there aren't enough eyes looking at other possibilities, and the true perp, if it's other than Terri, is getting away. I'm afraid it may be keeping us from finding out what happened to Kyron, and finding him.

A number of members of the public, as well as the media, are concentrating on building a case against Terri, honestly with silly little things like eye blinking that don't show signs of kidnap or murder, rather than questioning relative things of import, seeking alternative explanations, and seeing if other clues might be able to be surfaced.

It doesn't matter to me who did it, I just want to know what happened to this adorable little boy, and then who did it. He's just such a sweet little guy, who's stolen so many of our hearts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back