794 users online (106 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nightline Jul 30 2010 link+ Discussion

Nightline interview is up on Hulu
    Kaine and Desiree

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=nightline&st=1

sorry if this is repeat
    MOD: move if better place

Let's watch and comment here.

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Interesting:

Desiree has "learned that there are horrible people in the world - that could be right next to you, and you don't even know it".

Kaine has "learned lots of things, have learned a lot about the human spirit with this and all the people with their outpouring of goodness".

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    Interesting:

Desiree has "learned that there are horrible people in the world - that could be right next to you, and you don't even know it".

Kaine has "learned lots of things, have learned a lot about the human spirit with this and all the people with their outpouring of goodness".
    Very interesting dichotomy.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Very interesting dichotomy.
    No kidding.

But ... I keep telling myself that they receive questions in advance and are fairly scripted for these things ...

But, yes they presented the dichotomy - with Desiree focusing on evil & Terri -
    and with Kaine getting pulled into a bigger world and noticing good people and acts of kindness.

coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
    No kidding.

But ... I keep telling myself that they receive questions in advance and are fairly scripted for these things ...

and with Kaine getting pulled into a bigger world and noticing good people and acts of kindness.
    I think that is the one thing that is keeping Kaine going... the support of the community. That's probably why he gets some comfort visiting Kyron's Wall of Hope. He can feel the love and compassion from neighbors, friends and complete strangers.

I can totally relate to Desiree's view, though. I think I would be quite bitter and focus on the negative as well. However... I suspect I would be much more vocal about it and not nearly as classy.

Interesting:

I wonder if these are each the opposite of their general worldviews before Kyron disappeared. Both are powerful lessons.

Both statements make me cry, for different reasons.
    Where's Kyron?

Just adding another link to Dateline as the first one did not work for me.
    Reason given was: Video not available outside USA

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

Thanks for posting the video Xin....that was hard to watch....

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    Just adding another link to Dateline as the first one did not work for me.
    Reason given was: Video not available outside USA

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/

OMG that interview was so sad.

It was so terribly sad..
    I find peace in the united front from these parents..

Please Lord, shine your light on little Kyron this beautiful day..help him home!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

A very powerful and emotional interview.................

It's difficult to watch the overwhelming grief these two parents are experiencing. Although Desiree had several very emotional moments, Kaine came very close to completely losing it when he spoke of his walking Kyron to the bus every morning.
    My posts are my opinion..........

Gosh, that was so hard to watch. Especially the very end when Desiree talked of what they would do when Kyron came home. Please God, bring this little man home.

No kidding.

I see it the opposite in a way. They were asked what they have learned from the experience. In other words, new knowledge.

Apparently Desiree has been living her life unaware of how many horrible people there are, and Kaine has a new awareness of how many good people there are. Just my take on it.

Sounds like she has spent her life focused on the good, and he maybe a little bit less so?

Okay, I gotta take a break from Rita Cosby who stood in for NG last night and watch the Nightline tape so I'll have another reason to cry....
    If a link is posted we're good, if not it's my own opinion.

Mostly, I'm glad I'm me, but today I'm just

I think the most touching moment was at the very end when Kaine Horman stated when he comes home that Kryon will not be going anywhere without the "three" of them by his side.

This is about Kaine, Desiree and Tony and I love the way Kaine included him in that statement. It shows a great deal of compassion for the step dad who isn't always there, probably because of his job. But it showed class IMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast