GUILTY CO - Alexis McClain, 3, beaten to death, Logan County, 8 July 2010

Another beautiful, precious baby taken away from the world.

beautiful baby.

why is it she can steal my heart from one picture but not the hearts of the people who are supposed to KEEP HER SAFE AND LOVED?!

Oh - I wish I knew 2goldfish. If I did, maybe we could fix it so that it never happened again!

Salem

I don't know why i read this thread..So many sick people on this earth..How could anyone hurt such a precious baby?

so sad

dance with the angels now pretty girl

I look at these cases and wonder. I wonder how someone could look at a child crying, knowing they are the cause of it, and then doing it again. I admit I was not a good disciplinarian when my daughter was young because I could not stand for her to cry. Luckily she turned out okay. Not that I was a total push-over, but I couldn't stand to see her cry for any reason. I'm still the same way and she is grown now. How could someone stand to see a small child crying in pain and do it again? I don't understand what kind of a person that takes. I just don't.

I look at these cases and wonder. I wonder how someone could look at a child crying, knowing they are the cause of it, and then doing it again. I admit I was not a good disciplinarian when my daughter was young because I could not stand for her to cry. Luckily she turned out okay. Not that I was a total push-over, but I couldn't stand to see her cry for any reason. I'm still the same way and she is grown now. How could someone stand to see a small child crying in pain and do it again? I don't understand what kind of a person that takes. I just don't.
i know exactly what you mean, belinda! my girls are all grown up and i still cant stand to see them cry either. and oh my goodness, when my grandbabies cry for any reason it absolutely breaks my heart! when im out and about and see a baby crying my instinct is to go to it and make it better. its beyond me how somebody can hurt any child for any reason. it breaks my heart and makes me very mad. why dont they give the babies up for adoption? i will never understand why people keep babies they dont even want and then abuse them. i wonder where little alexis's mommy is? i wish there was more info on this.

What a heartbreaking story. RIP, beautiful little angel. :(

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/24353185/detail.html

"I still don't know how this happened to such a beautiful, happy child," McClain said. "I think the longest conversation I was able to have with (Alexis) was when she counted from zero to 10 for me, you know, and (she) told me she loved me. And then she did her ABCs."

It also says (in the story at the link I provided above) that dad is still fighting mom for custody... of the baby's ashes. She could only take "some" of her daughter's ashes. WTH is wrong with this guy??

In the mugshots both stepmom and dad are wearing the "suicide watch" vests. I wonder if that is standard or if they both said they wanted to harm themselves.

j80080.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't understand what motivates a child abuser, and don't pretend I do. Actually I hope I never look at these horrible crimes and think, "I could see why they did this." Its just terribly, terribly sad to see those pictures of such a sweet little girl.

Yes they are both on suicide watch, you know the deal, I am going to kill myself cause I did not do anything wrong. This is just an assumption on my part, but bet I am right.

I will update this link as developments occur. There is a facebook page for Alexis also if you are interested.

Evidently the family that this couple lived with allegedly did not see anything as the family lives in a large home on something like thirty acres and the couple and Alexis lived in a trailer on the property. You can see all this on the facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Remembering-Alexis-Rose-McClain/143831322296614?ref=ts

The thing that is perplexing me is that allegedly the step mom has two other young female children, just wondering what happened with them, I am hoping the news will update.... again I will post as things come out.

RIP Little Angel Alexis

From March 2011:

http://www.journal-advocate.com/ci_17690673

Ginger Weeks pled guilty Wednesday morning to child abuse resulting in death, a Class 3 Felony in the death of her three-year-old stepdaughter. In the plea bargain, Weeks will receive a stipulated 12-year sentence for the Class 3 Felony.

From January 2012:

http://www.journal-advocate.com/sterling-local_news/ci_19783550

Weeks appeared before Judge Michael Singer to be sentenced on a charge of child abuse causing death related to the murder of his 3-year-old daughter, Alexis McClain...

Weeks was convicted by a Morgan County jury on that count and a primary charge of first degree murder of a victim under 12 by one in a position of trust on Nov. 8, 2011. The mandatory sentence of life without parole was imposed immediately...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back