WI WI - Waukesha, 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' WhtMale 5-7, 1377UMWI, in quarry, Mar'1921

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Cold Case section. Please move if needed. Thank you.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1377umwi.html

Unidentified White Male

•The victim was discovered on March 8, 1921 in Waukesha, Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 5-7 years old
•Clothing: He was well dressed, in good quality clothes. Patent leather shoes with cloth tops. A gray Bradley sweater. Size 6 underwear. A light blouse and black, lightweight stockings. No overcoat was located.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The body of the young boy was found floating in the water of the O'Laughlin's quarry. The boy was dubbed "Little Lord Fauntleroy."
About five weeks before the body was found, a man and woman in an automobile stopped and asked an employee of the Quarry if anyone had seen a young boy. The woman was crying and wearing a red coat. The couple was never heard from again.
The boy had been struck in the head before being thrown into the water.

I wonder how this young boy was ruled out? Homer Lemay.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=5076,1795239&dq=homer-lemay&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=5076,1795239&dq=homer-lemay&hl=en
Cecelia Lemay wife of Edmund went missing. Homer was Edmund's son from a previous marriage and no sign of him could be found as dying at the age of 6 or 7 in Argentina as was reported by Edmund.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=4251,6330944&dq=homer-lemay&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=3334,4944077&dq=homer-lemay&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...2755&dq=boy+found+quarry+wisconsin+1921&hl=en
One of the articles that state the UID boy was strangled before being dumped into quarry. It contradicts the report on Doe network.

I can't find any news article that Cecelia was ever located (deceased or alive). Also, I wonder if Homer is the UID boy? Investigators were looking at Homer as the identity of this UID child.

Wow Kat, good find! Now I am intrigued! Strange that Edmund's son is reported by Edmund to be killed in an accident while in a foreign country with other people and then his wife disappears 28 years later. What the heck? Possible, I suppose but worth a look for sure! Hmmmm. Can't wait to see if any sleuthers find anything!

I might just write to the county Cold case division and ask them whatever happened.

That information that was entered into the Doe Network was from a missing persons blog.

It's a fantastic blog don't get me wrong. But I want to know the status of this case and if they were able to rule Homer Lamay out? :)

I've often wondered if the boy was playing in the quarry and got hit by falling rocks; something completely accidental. Years ago friends and I would climb down a cliff to a "non" public beach in Oak Creek, WI and it didn't take much to knock off chucks of sizable rock. It was also pretty easy to get "stuck" and have to jump to another ledge, or backtrack and take another route because of the differences in the incline, or decline at various points. Thankfully we never took a serious tumble...

This belongs here. We moved all the older uid's and missing persons cases into there appropriate forums which postdate the CC forum being set up... had to do that as WS grows.

ty

I composed a brief and concise letter to the cold case unit dectective in Waukesha.

If I get a response I will share without copy and pasting the email response. JFYI.

Bump. This sounds like an accident. He wandered off from his parents to the quarry, slipped or fell in, hit his head and died. The man and lady in the red coat were probably his parents, but why they didn't go to the police, I can't imagine. Unless they were afraid they would get in trouble for being inattentive. Has anyone come up with any info on this boy or any of the missing children in the article? On Homer and Cecelia Lemay? I'm checking the internet but not having much luck.

Stella I wrote to the person I posted about in post # 8 and he replied that I had the incorrect LE entity.

I have to find the correct one so I can call, but I would just rather send the materials so they can have a look. Chuck it or look into it.

Bump. Kat, I wonder if maybe this case might have been with the sheriff's office, that is the county, instead of the city police department?

I've often wondered if the boy was playing in the quarry and got hit by falling rocks; something completely accidental. Years ago friends and I would climb down a cliff to a "non" public beach in Oak Creek, WI and it didn't take much to knock off chucks of sizable rock. It was also pretty easy to get "stuck" and have to jump to another ledge, or backtrack and take another route because of the differences in the incline, or decline at various points. Thankfully we never took a serious tumble...

Just read an article that stated the boy drowned after being struck in the head. Your post makes me think all the more that this was an accident and not murder. How can LE be so sure he wasn't hit by a large chunk of rock while exploring and he fell into the quarry unconscious and drowned?

Just read an article that stated the boy drowned after being struck in the head. Your post makes me think all the more that this was an accident and not murder. How can LE be so sure he wasn't hit by a large chunk of rock while exploring and he fell into the quarry unconscious and drowned?

Sadly I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I have a feeling the couple in the auto was his parents....the boy had run off upset....thought the quarry would be a good place to hide...then probably didn't realize how loose the walls of a quarry can be....slid, tumbled, bumped his head, and landed in the water. This plays out mentally much better for me (while still very very sad) than thinking of someone doing harm to the little guy.

Sadly though(from an article posted earlier) the paper claims he was strangled. While another source says "blow to the head" which supports my wishful thinking that this poor kid could have died accidentally...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KtgjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2iUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7699,2692755&dq=boy+found+quarry+wisconsin+1921&hl=en

I've been reading about and looking into this little unidentified boy too.I found something interesting.This little boy Lawrence Brenner was reported missing and said to have drowned about a month after this little unidentified boy was found and it's much further away.I don't think his body was ever found.It was almost reading the same story.I know he was missing I believe after this little unidentified boy was found but I'm interested in this any way.I wonder what little Lawrence looked like.

Read more at the link

http://www.iowaoldpress.com/IA/PaloAlto/1921/MAY.html

Emmetsburg Democrat
Emmetsburg, Palo Alto, Iowa
Wednesday, 11 May 1921

BODY OF BOY STILL MISSING
Details of Drowning of M.F. Brennan's Little Grandson

M.F. Brennan and his daughter, Mrs. Thomas Currans, arrived home from
Milwaukee Sunday evening where they were called two weeks ago by a telegram
announcing the drowning of Mr. Brennan's grandson. For ten days several
hundred friends and neighbors labored diligently to find the body of the
missing child but without success. The river was dragged, several divers
searched the bottom of the channel and a dam of sacks filled with sand was
thrown across the river. Members of the life saving service of the city were
in constant attendance but they could not find any trace of the body

They seem rather adamant that there was a blow to the head with a blunt instrument which makes me think that the wound could not have been made by accident. I would assume that the wound could only have been made by something manmade such as a pipe or hammer. Too bad we don't have more details.

I know that justice in the case of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" can't be meted out at this late date but it would be nice to get a DNA sample to find out who he was. DNA could eliminate a lot of young boys who went missing in that era and finally, possibly give a name to the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back