CA CA - Patricia Jean Schneider, 25, Pedley, 31 July 1982

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2764dfca.html

•Date Of Birth: January 18, 1957
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Straight, shoulder length blond/strawberry hair; blue eyes.
•Clothing: A cocktail waitress uniform.
•AKA: Patti
•Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
At 3:45 on Sunday July 31, 1982, Patricia Schneider, after completing work as a cocktail waitress at the Palomino Station, an Indian Hills restaurant and nightclub, made a call from the Circle K market on Limonite in Pedley (between Riverside and Mira Loma) reporting her car had broken down.

A clerk at the Circle K stated he saw two white males with sandy hair in the parking lot while Schneider made calls from the phone.

Between 5.00 and 6.00 that same morning, a Riverside county sheriff found Schneider's car on fire near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenue. The area was searched and no traces of Patti were found.

Riverside Sheriff's Office
951-955-2400
Agency Case Number: P3-82-213-118; E182213051
P08184599

Patti has been missing 28 years today.

ETA: I mistakenly had the wrong subforum pulled up, I have asked a mod to move this thread to the 1980's. I apologize to all.

Attachments

• PJSchneider.jpg
    PJSchneider.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 20
  • PJSchneider1.jpg
    PJSchneider1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 17
So, did the clerk see what happened to her after she made the call? Why didn't he try to assist her?

Patricia Jean Schneider – The Charley Project

Patricia Jean Schneider
  • patricia_jean_schneider_1.jpg
  • patricia_jean_schneider_2.jpg
Schneider, circa 1982

• Missing Since07/31/1982
  • Missing FromPedley, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth01/18/1957 (62)
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA cocktail waitress uniform.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Schneider's nickname is Patti. She may use the last name Underhill.
Details of Disappearance
Schneider completed her shift at the Palomino Station in Indian Hills, California early on the morning of July 31, 1982. She worked there as a cocktail waitress.

At 3:45 a.m., she made a call from a Circle K on Limonite in Pedley, California and said her car had broken down. The clerk saw two sandy-haired Caucasian males in the parking lot at the time Schneider made her call; it's unclear whether these individuals have anything to do with her disappearance.

Schneider has never been heard from again. Between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., a Riverside County sheriff's deputy found her car, a brown and white 1974 Toyota Celica with California license plates numbered 018POF and the vehicle identification number RA21168674.

It was on fire in a field near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenue. The fire had been deliberately set. There was no sign of Schneider at the scene.

Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Good looking girl
Strange how many questions are unanswered
Where was the clerk? Close enough to hear what she said in the calls?
Or did the information that she'd broken down come from the recipients of the calls?
And who were these recipients? The write up says 'calls' in the plural - so presumably more than one?
Were they asked to come and help? If they did had she just disappeared when she got there?
If she had broken down how did the car get into the field, assuming she hadn't broken down there?
Did the clerk leave after noticing her and the 2 men, or just look away after that and she disappeared?
I would think it has to be assumed the clerk had nothing to do with it, as they'd reported seeing her?
The clerk isn't quoted as saying the 2 men were talking to her. What did they appear to be doing? And it states it was unclear if they were involved in her disappearance
Did they offer to 'help' her?
As she would hardly set her own car on fire deliberately - especially after leaving it to ring people - it was clearly someone else
I guess if none of the above questions, have been answered in 38 years then they probably never will be....

Good looking girl
Or did the information that she'd broken down come from the recipients of the calls?
And who were these recipients? The write up says 'calls' in the plural - so presumably more than one?
Were they asked to come and help? If they did had she just disappeared when she got there?
If she had broken down how did the car get into the field, assuming she hadn't broken down there?
Did the clerk leave after noticing her and the 2 men, or just look away after that and she disappeared?
I would think it has to be assumed the clerk had nothing to do with it, as they'd reported seeing her?
The clerk isn't quoted as saying the 2 men were talking to her. What did they appear to be doing? And it states it was unclear if they were involved in her disappearance
As she would hardly set her own car on fire deliberately - especially after leaving it to ring people - it was clearly someone else
I guess if none of the above questions, have been answered in 38 years then they probably never will be....

But that doesn't mean we can't search for her remains.

The Mystery of Patricia Jean Schneider
A nice write but not much additional information.

I have questions too, more related to possible Jane Does that could match
- Did Patricia gave birth? In one of the pictures she is with a little child.
- What color had the cocktail waitress uniform of this establishment?
- It looks like her right ear was pierced...was it?, were they both? How many times?
- What was known about her teeth? (no dental chart available but there must be somebody who knows she had her own teeth etc. They look real and very nice)
- Did she have other marks/scars or tattoos?

Jerry's Brokendown Palaces: Palomino Station, 5881 El Palamino Drive, (Indian Hills) Riverside, CA
According to this post from 2012 there is no information online about the building that was once here.

There was a Palomino club (The Palomino) but that was on 6907 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91605. I don't think they are/were related, but I don't know for sure.

Here is a more recent (2018) article

Her whereabouts and car found pictured:
upload_2020-10-30_13-10-31.png

And yes, also a couple of questions about the story:
- Who did she call telling her car had broke down? What seemed to be the problem? Who was the person(s) she last talked with on the phone? I read nothing about she asked the clerk about having permission to leave her car there. Could it have been she called a company to tow the car...or asked a bystander to tow it/a bystander offered to tow it....just speculation....
- Not knowing what was wrong with the car, it looks like you could still drive with it, at least to the a field near the intersection Doolittle Avenue/Van Buren Blv. Or somebody towed it there...also a possibility....
- What were her working hours/how long was her shift. Is the time mentioned (3;45 Sunday morning) when she made a call at the Circle K-mart, consistent with that?
- Between 5:00 and 6:00 am that same day, a Riverside County sheriff’s deputy discovered her car in a field near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenues. Her car had deliberately been set on fire and Patricia was nowhere to be found. Was the car still burning? I can't imagine a burning car unnoticed for long....somebody must have seen it and called 911 round the time the fire started...thoughts?
- Was there anything recognizable left in the car...remains of personal possessions, a purse f.i.? Were the keys inside...windows up/down?
- The airport is close by, was it checked if she took a plain? Could she have set the car on fire herself as a decoy and took a cab?

And the mystery remains....only a birth and a marriage to Schneider found..besides some articles remembering her missing case.....indeed a lot of holes in the story. What happened to Patti and who is left to fill in the gaps?

Yes I totally agree
I see someone posted a comment after the 2018 article in February 2020 saying they're a relative who'd love to find her

It's good to know that. I hope this person is willing to anticipate in this thread. Maybe a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) can answer some of the questions we have.

Hi all - I've recently come across Patricia's missing person story while looking for missing persons that fit the description and circumstances of the Yosemite Jane Doe. I've submitted possible comparisons in NAMUS between Patricia and the Yosemite Jane Doe found shortly after her disappearance. The resemblance here is absolutely spot on, and the fact that Patricia went missing in Pedley, which is a straight shot up 395 to Yosemite, feels like a real possibility. I'm hoping we get some answers soon. It's unclear to me if the Yosemite Jane Doe has a full DNA profile (I think Patricia does?), so hopefully it's an easy and quick comparison.

patricia_jean_schneider_2.jpg
patricia_jean_schneider_1.jpg

Hi all - I've recently come across Patricia's missing person story while looking for missing persons that fit the description and circumstances of the Yosemite Jane Doe. I've submitted possible comparisons in NAMUS between Patricia and the Yosemite Jane Doe found shortly after her disappearance. The resemblance here is absolutely spot on, and the fact that Patricia went missing in Pedley, which is a straight shot up 395 to Yosemite, feels like a real possibility. I'm hoping we get some answers soon. It's unclear to me if the Yosemite Jane Doe has a full DNA profile (I think Patricia does?), so hopefully it's an easy and quick comparison.

Would be great to give the family member(s) looking some closure, however sad her fate was

Did you hear anything back?

You typically don't "hear back" except an email to acknowledge that they've received and noted your tip. That message essentially says "we won't tell you anything more either way" (which makes sense...)

HOWEVER, shortly afterward, the UP's page was removed from NAMUS and that case has since been marked as Closed: Identified: (1557UFCA)

This could, of course, be a coincidence. No names have been released and Patricia's page is still up. I guess all we can do is wait! Either way, I'm glad that UP has been identified.

2764DFCA - Patricia Jean Schneider

•Date Of Birth: January 18, 1957
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Straight, shoulder length blond/strawberry hair; blue eyes.
•Clothing: A cocktail waitress uniform.
•AKA: Patti
•Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
At 3:45 on Sunday July 31, 1982, Patricia Schneider, after completing work as a cocktail waitress at the Palomino Station, an Indian Hills restaurant and nightclub, made a call from the Circle K market on Limonite in Pedley (between Riverside and Mira Loma) reporting her car had broken down.

A clerk at the Circle K stated he saw two white males with sandy hair in the parking lot while Schneider made calls from the phone.

Between 5.00 and 6.00 that same morning, a Riverside county sheriff found Schneider's car on fire near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenue. The area was searched and no traces of Patti were found.

Riverside Sheriff's Office
951-955-2400
Agency Case Number: P3-82-213-118; E182213051
P08184599

Patti has been missing 28 years today.

ETA: I mistakenly had the wrong subforum pulled up, I have asked a mod to move this thread to the 1980's. I apologize to all.
A nice write but not much additional information.

I have questions too, more related to possible Jane Does that could match
- Did Patricia gave birth? In one of the pictures she is with a little child.
- What color had the cocktail waitress uniform of this establishment?
- It looks like her right ear was pierced...was it?, were they both? How many times?
- What was known about her teeth? (no dental chart available but there must be somebody who knows she had her own teeth etc. They look real and very nice)
- Did she have other marks/scars or tattoos?

Jerry's Brokendown Palaces: Palomino Station, 5881 El Palamino Drive, (Indian Hills) Riverside, CA
According to this post from 2012 there is no information online about the building that was once here.

There was a Palomino club (The Palomino) but that was on 6907 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91605. I don't think they are/were related, but I don't know for sure.

Here is a more recent (2018) article

Her whereabouts and car found pictured:
View attachment 269847

And yes, also a couple of questions about the story:
- Who did she call telling her car had broke down? What seemed to be the problem? Who was the person(s) she last talked with on the phone? I read nothing about she asked the clerk about having permission to leave her car there. Could it have been she called a company to tow the car...or asked a bystander to tow it/a bystander offered to tow it....just speculation....
- Not knowing what was wrong with the car, it looks like you could still drive with it, at least to the a field near the intersection Doolittle Avenue/Van Buren Blv. Or somebody towed it there...also a possibility....
- What were her working hours/how long was her shift. Is the time mentioned (3;45 Sunday morning) when she made a call at the Circle K-mart, consistent with that?
- Between 5:00 and 6:00 am that same day, a Riverside County sheriff’s deputy discovered her car in a field near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenues. Her car had deliberately been set on fire and Patricia was nowhere to be found. Was the car still burning? I can't imagine a burning car unnoticed for long....somebody must have seen it and called 911 round the time the fire started...thoughts?
- Was there anything recognizable left in the car...remains of personal possessions, a purse f.i.? Were the keys inside...windows up/down?
- The airport is close by, was it checked if she took a plain? Could she have set the car on fire herself as a decoy and took a cab?

And the mystery remains....only a birth and a marriage to Schneider found..besides some articles remembering her missing case.....indeed a lot of holes in the story. What happened to Patti and who is left to fill in the gaps?
Hello, my name is La-ena, Patti is my aunt, we have been trying to get any info on her whereabouts for the last 40 years. My mom (Patti’s) sister still believes she’s alive even with circumstances of her disappearance. The child she’s holding in the picture is my older brother James, he’s one of her nephews. As far as I know of she never had any children. I thought the Yosemite Jane Doe was her but according the the email I got back that wasn’t her.

Would be great to give the family member(s) looking some closure, however sad her fate was
Hello, my name is La-ena, Patti is my aunt, we have been trying to get any info on her whereabouts for the last 40 years. My mom (Patti’s) sister still believes she’s alive even with circumstances of her disappearance. The child she’s holding in the picture is my older brother James, he’s one of her nephews. As far as I know of she never had any children. I thought the Yosemite Jane Doe was her but according the the email I got back that wasn’t her.

Good looking girl

Hi and welcome @Animenerd1 Nice to "meet" you. Good to have a relative over here and thank you for answering some questions. So sorry you and your family have to endure 'the not knowing' for so long. Is there a particular reason your mom thinks she is still alive or is that hope speaking, so to say?

I advise you to become a verified insider in your aunts case. If you are, you don't need to back up information in your posts with source-links, etc. like WS members have to do. You can find the information here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back