708 users online (100 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada - Linda Mitchell, 61, Maple Ridge BC, 27 July 2010

Date: Sunday Aug. 1, 2010 9:06 PM PT

The children of a missing B.C. woman whose rental car was found abandoned last Wednesday are asking anyone who may have seen her to come forward.

Maple Ridge resident Linda Mitchell was last seen leaving a Hope-area hotel at around 3:40 p.m. Tuesday in a red Hyundai Accent.

The car turned up the next day in Chilliwack outside Friendly Mike's Pub.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Mitchell is described as 5-3 tall, roughly 110 lbs, with brown eyes and blonde hair.

Anyone who may have seen her on or after July 26th is asked to contact the Chilliwack RCMP at 604-792-4611.

Concern mounts for missing Maple Ridge woman
    Linda Mitchel, 61

( click on image to enlarge )

read more: http://www.vancouverite.com/2010/07/...e-ridge-woman/
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Missing woman last seen in Hope
    Published: August 02, 2010 1:00 PM
    Updated: August 02, 2010 2:22 PM
    Linda Mitchell, 61

Different Photo from post above: http://media.bclocalnews.com/images/...daMitchell.jpg

A review of security video from the Hope Slumberlodge revealed that Linda Mitchell, 61, checked out and left the motel at 3:40 p.m., Monday, July 26th in red Hyundai Accent.

The vehicle was found abandoned at the Friendly Mike's Pub in Chilliwack the next day.

Her purse, cash and cell phone were reportedly inside the rental car.

RSBM

more at link: http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va.../99783339.html
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Found Deceased :(

Update: Missing woman's body found in Chilliwack
    August 3, 2010

The body of a missing woman was discovered Monday morning in Chilliwack by her family, two days after police called for help locating 61-year-old Linda Mitchell.

Mitchell had been last seen on July 27 driving a rental vehicle. On Friday, the car was found abandoned in Chilliwack on Creamery Road.

While police say they are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the death, RCMP spokesperson Const. Tracy Wolbeck said foul play is not suspected.

The cause is not being released pending an autopsy.

Read more: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/Updat...#ixzz0vZjjnj3f
    ★ Thank you ★

Mods,

could you please mark this thread "Found Deceased"

Thanks you,

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome
    ★ Thank you ★

There is mis-information in the various news articles. Some are saying Ms Mitchell was seen leaving the Slumber Lodge on Tuesday July 27 at 3:40, others that she checked out Monday July 26 at 3:40. Some articles say her car was found in Chilliwack on Friday, other articles say the car was found on Wednesday. A newsclip with the sons has one of them saying she was at the Slumber Lodge in Hope on Monday and her car was found the next day. (I make an allowance there because he may have misspoken due to the stress of the situation).

Hope is only about 1 1/2 hrs east of Maple Ridge. IF Ms Mitchell left Monday for Osoyoos, she should certainly have made it beyond Hope. If for whatever reason she stayed over in Hope Monday night with a plan to continue easterly towards Osoyoos on Tuesday, that certainly didn't happen if she drove her car westerly to Chilliwack. Her overnite in Hope is puzzling and leads me to believe it was her destination, not a stopover.

I am puzzled by the "checkout" time. Generally they are 11:00 am or 12:00 noon ... not 3:40 pm.

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Bo...474/story.html

Foul play is not suspected ... Circumstances around Mitchellís death are still being investigated and an autopsy is pending

No autopsy results but foul play is not suspected??

This case is bothering me right now. We don't know where her body was found in relation to where the vehicle was left (with her purse, credit cards, cash and cell phone left inside) ... no mention if locked or if keys were found). Those specific belongings found inside the car tell me that if she was ever inside Friendly Mike's Pub, she had left the pub and returned to her car. No "accident" happened at her vehicle, or she would have been found earlier and in close proximity to her vehicle. I also don't see this woman renting a vehicle, driving 1 1/2 hrs east, then 45 mins back west towards home to leave all her belongings in a rental car at a pub to wander off and commit suicide.

In the past month there have been 2 convicts walk away from a half-way house in Chilliwack, yet to be apprehended .. Dale Koenders (Canada wide warrant, DO, violent sexual offender) and Frank Federici (convicted killer).

Bump...
    Has this been confirmed?
    Praying for Jason.
    Find Beaner!
    Where is Kayla Berg?
    Justice for Stephanie Low, 9-22-14 RIP Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Mom who cares View Post
    Bump...
    Has this been confirmed?
    Which part are you referring to Mom?

That it was her that was found deceased? Not much news about this, what a sad story.
    Praying for Jason.
    Find Beaner!
    Where is Kayla Berg?
    Justice for Stephanie Low, 9-22-14 RIP Stephanie

I think with the RCMP releasing the statement that it was her family that found her body, I don't think there's any doubt about her identity. I simply can't fathom how they can say "no foul play" when autopsy is needed to determine cause of death. She could have been overdosed with something in a drink at the pub. That would not be obvious. Given the 5 or 6 days she was missing in hot weather, I doubt that some physical assaults such as strangulation would be obvious either.

I know that LE can't tip their hand on everything, but why can't they simply say "an investigation is ongoing" until such time as autopsy is completed?

No foul play in missing woman's death: RCMP
    Published: August 03, 2010 9:00 AM
    Updated: August 04, 2010 9:45 AM

The body of a woman missing from Maple Ridge was found in Chilliwack by members of her family Monday.

Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding Linda Mitchell's death, but foul play is not suspected.
    Mitchell, 61, was last seen leaving a Hope motel on July 27 in a rented red Hyundai Accent, which was discovered abandoned in Chilliwack on July 30 on Creamery Road.

Her body was found near Friendly Mike's Pub on Young Road.
    ITA that the reporting in this case has been very confusing. That last sentence cannot be totally correct, since that pub is not located on Young Road, but on Creamery Rd., where her car was found.

When looking for Young Rd. in Google Maps, I was given 2 choices: Young Rd., and Young Rd. North.

source: http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_va.../99849029.html
    ★ Thank you ★

If you put Friendly Mike's Pub Chilliwack BC
    in a google search you will get this address
    8247 Young Road
    Chilliwack, BC
    (604) 792-7717

If you look at the map when you google Mikes pub you
    will see Creamery road is the side street that runs off
    Young where mikes pub is located.

Just around the corner

Link that shows Mikes Pub on Young

friendly mike's pub chilliwack - Google Search

Map that shows Creamery road

Creamery Rd. chilliwack - Google Search

You will see they are the same maps.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

I am familiar with the area. The pub is right beside Creamery Road on Young St, about a block north of the Trans Canada. Driving west from Hope, Young Rd is one of the first exits into Chilliwack proper. The pub is about 1 block north of the off-ramp.

In 2006, there was a small house that burned down on Creamery Rd. IIRC, the house was pretty much adjacent to the pub. A male occupant died in the fire and the fire was determined to be suspicious. LE was searching for a truck associated with the occupant of the home. The truck was registered to an Anthony Robert Dakota. I don't know if they ever identified the male victim or found the truck:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Thank you so much Valleyboy and Sillybilly!

I had googled for directions and there's where I got the 2 options for Young St, and Young St. North, and didn't notice Mike's Pub was ON Young St.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...=UTF8&t=h&z=13

So, the abandoned car was found Friday by LE, and Linda's body was found Monday by her family. Both in the same area, close to Friendly Mike's Pub!
    Now my question is: How far was her body from the car? Why wasn't her body found the same day as the car?
    ★ Thank you ★

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast