FL FL - Melissa Eck, 15, Pensacola, 25 June 1992

Richard

Reaction score
Melissa Lynn Eck, 15, Missing since June 25, 1992 from Pensacola, FL

Melissa Lynn Eck
Missing since June 25, 1992 from Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 8, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6" - 168 cm; 110 lbs - 50 kg.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Curly dark blond/brown hair; green eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears, one pierced once and the other one twice. Norplant on upper left arm. She has a scar on her buttocks.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a black tank top, black shorts and black shoes
AKA: Missy

Circumstances of Disappearance

Melissa was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house in Pensacola, Florida at 10 PM on June 25, 1992.

Eck left her purse behind, had no change of clothing and had not picked up two paychecks at work since she was last seen.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Escambia County Sheriff's Office
Inv. Frank Fillingim
850-436-9620

Email Form: http://www.escambiaso.com/contactUs.asp

Agency Case Number: 92S022684

NCMEC #: NCMC770649

NCIC Number: M-574857409

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Tampa Tribune - 8/6/92
Escambia County Sheriff's Office
FDLE
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 608DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/608dffl.html

Here is a link to her Florida Missing/Endangered flyer:

The find-missing-children.org website says "Melissa was last seen walking to her friend's house on Patricia Drive, Pensacola, FL at 8:00 p.m. on 6/25/92. She never arrived at her friend's house and foul play is suspected."

Their info doesn't seem to be correct. However, here is a link:

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster29.htm

I wonder who last saw Melissa leave her boyfriend's house - her boyfriend? Or was there an independent witness?

Last edited by a moderator:
The face of a teenager who disappeared in West Pensacola more than 19 years ago is appearing on billboards across the Panhandle this weekend.

Melissa "Missy" Eck left her boyfriend's house about 8:30 p.m. on June 25, 1992, headed to a friend's house on Patricia Drive. No one has seen her since.

In honor of the 13th annual Florida Missing Children's Day on Monday, members of the Florida Outdoor Advertising Association have donated time on electronic billboards across the state.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20110911...d-campaign?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

All of the sites say that she was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house and that she never arrived to her intended destination. I'm assuming her boyfriend was the one who said this and I'm wondering how much LE investigated this story. As well as his whereabouts for the rest of the night. It's always possible that something happened while on her journey though.

It's 23 years tomorrow and I'm hoping they can solve her case.

It seems her boyfriend was, and remains, a person of interest.

The girl, age 15, was last seen in 1992 by her boyfriend Brian Kittle, also 15, after the couple got into an argument. Kittle claimed that he left her alone on the street after their argument. Eck supposedly headed to a friend’s house, but never made it.

She hasn’t been seen since that night; Kittle remains a person of interest in the unsolved case.

The teen’s disappearance was originally treated as a missing persons case and not transferred to the Homicide Division until after statements from Kittle and witnesses led investigators to believe that “something just wasn’t right” about the whole situation.

http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=10673

I wonder who the other "witnesses" are and what they said. I doubt there were any witnesses other than the boyfriend to Melissa's alleged disappearance. It would be interesting to know more about their relationship though, and about the boyfriend generally. Assuming he did kill her, how does a 15 year old dispose of a body without any help?

That Brian Kittle would have been 14 (nearly 15) when Melissa disappeared. There is actually another Brian Kittle currently living in Pensacola but he is five years older than Melissa. I think he must be Melissa's boyfriend and the article got his age wrong, meaning he had just turned 20 when Melissa disappeared, as he is still living in the same house as the one Melissa disappeared from.

The Charley Project says Melissa's boyfriend lived in the 1700 block of Blakely Avenue and that she was supposedly walking to a friend's house on Patricia Drive and Clara Street "almost a mile away". That walk is over five miles, so I assume this is incorrect and that the boyfriend actually lived on Patricia Drive and Clara Street. The Escambiaso Sheriff's Office say Melissa "was last seen walking on Patricia Drive between West Cerny Road and West Fairfield Drive." Pfeiffer cemetery, which the police apparently searched as it was close to the boyfriend's house, is also just down the road from Patricia Drive and Clara Street (a two minute drive).

http://www.escambiaso.com/cold-case/

Details of Disappearance
Melissa was last seen leaving her boyfriend's residence in the 1700 block of Blakely Avenue in Pensacola, Florida on June 25, 1992 at approximately 8:00 p.m. She planned to walk to another friend's home at Patricia Drive and Clara Street, almost a mile away. Her boyfriend walked with her for part of the way before they separated.

Melissa never arrived at her friend's home and has not been seen again. She left behind her purse, all of her clothing and two paychecks from her new job at The Original Point Restaurant on Innerarity Road. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Yeah this write up is very confusing.

Why would she leave her purse at the job? something tells me that she was last seen where she left her purse, women never leave their purses.

Jul 18, 2019

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla (WKRG)- Escambia County Deputies are searching for a woman who disappeared when she was 15 years old.

Michelle Eck was last seen in June of 1992 walking on Patricia and West Cerny Roads near Fairfield Drive. Deputies have provided the public with a photo age-progressed by 38 years.

Eck never made it to her friend’s house and has not been seen since. All of her clothing and her purse was left behind. Authorities think she was a victim of violence. If you have any info contact the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.

Escambia County deputies search for woman who’s been missing for 27 years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back