Portland locals ~ This is NOT Kyron!

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
For our local members and guests:

HILLSBORO, Ore. - A Hillsboro family wants people to know their son is not Kyron Horman.

During the past two months, they say people have repeatedly mistaken their 9-year-old son for Kyron and it's gotten to the point where their boy is scared of getting kidnapped and doesn't want to go anywhere without his parents.<snipped>

I was very sad to read that this case is negatively affecting another family. :(

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99756934.html

I think it shows how scared the community is, and that they're on pins and needles because of this whole case. It's sad, and I feel bad for the little boy.

Kyron just needs to be found. It's just awful that if a kid looks like him, he's going to get harassed at this point.

Oh my god - that poor family! It reminds me of all the Madeleine McCann sightings in Morocco which turned out to be false and brought other families unwanted attention.

This boy to me doesn't look to much like Kyron, the main thing is he has his front teeth.

They are getting t-shirts for their son that say "no reward for this kid." My heart goes out to the kid. When I was a teenager I was approached twice by the police when I was out walking in my neighborhood. I fit the description of a runaway. Luckily I had my school ID with me to clear up any confusion right away. It was a little unsettling though.

I can imagine for a 9 year old it must be really scary. Poor kid has to worry that some well meaning citizen (or not so well meaning) might snatch him up for a reward.

We will be taking a family vacation this week with our children and grandchildren, one of our grandson's looks hauntingly like Kyron. I'm hoping that we won't get held up having to prove his identity, but just in case I'm asking my daughter to bring along his birth certificate and a few family photo's.

That's terrible for the child.

It's a good thing that people are still looking for Kyron but I think we need more photos of Kyron out there because I don't think that this kid is a stunning look alike. His face is the wrong shape and he looks older IMO.

I think the boy in Texas looked a lot more like Kyron than this boy. But, I can see that a quick glance and someone could mistake him for the missing Kyron.

I feel badly for the family that their son is being mistaken for Kyron, but on the other hand, it shows that all the publicity has hit home and people are keeping an eye out for Kyron, and that's a good thing.

This poor little boy and his family! :(

It makes me think of some of the convo's I've seen posted on crime boards (yes even this one) where some members will be just talking about a case and if a sighting happens (IIRC I think it might have been either the Caylee or Haleigh case) and members have stated "well, I would just grab the kid and run and let LE figure out if it was the right kid" or something to that effect LOL.

Not funny but really really and I mean really scary for this child if anyone else in the entire world thinks like that too and would carry through with it.

Bless his little heart! Prayers for Kyron as always!

If people think they "see" Kyron, they should dial 911, not approach and terrorize a most likely innocent family.

PS- I don't think Kyron is going to really be "seen" anyplace, but if he was, probably not in a Starbucks, locally...

I am trying to imagine what would possess anyone to approach someone in that situation?

You are in a public place and you see a child that you think is Kyron. (Never mind that the kid looks nothing like Kyron and is obviously 2 years older.)

Under WHAT logic would you approach a child you believed had been abducted, while he was standing next to his abductor?

If it really WAS Kyron for all you know that abductor might take off with him and kill him. Or kill you AND him. Or at the very least would be tipped off to the fact that he had been recognized and take off.

I would take pictures...because I can do this without being obvious since these people wouldn't recognize me. I would take pictures of the vehicle and plate. I would hopefully be on the phone with LE already (or have someone else calling as I usually have someone else with me) but the pictures would be my priority to document it. I would follow them if feasible. But I would not approach them. My job is to gather evidence, photographic evidence. Not my unreliable testimony but evidence that they can look at and determine for themselves.

IF the opportunity arose to offer to watch the child for a while, I would do that. Such as the adult needing to go into the doctor's office, or the store, or something like that. (I have kids the same age and multiple times have been asked by complete strangers "Can my kid play with yours for a few minutes while I run inside?") Then LE could come while the adult was inside and eliminate that confrontation.

However...in Kyron's case. I am 99.9% sure that *I* would be able to determine on the spot if it was Kyron. There is no doubt that I would be more certain than the law enforcement who showed up, just by looking at him visually. They would simply have access to the information to prove or disprove it... as well as the resources to send a picture to Oregon LE for Kyron's family to look at.

You stand back...get the plate number, make, model and color of the vehicle. In that order. Then the description of the people themselves.

If people think they "see" Kyron, they should dial 911, not approach and terrorize a most likely innocent family.

PS- I don't think Kyron is going to really be "seen" anyplace, but if he was, probably not in a Starbucks, locally...

Yet all you have to do is read what's being put out there online --- I do believe Houze when he says Terri is getting threats, I've read some pretty vicious, scary stuff. There are crazy vigilante-minded people out there; now dangle a $50,000 reward in front of them and I can see where these people (and others) have a genuine reason to be afraid.

I think it shows how scared the community is, and that they're on pins and needles because of this whole case. It's sad, and I feel bad for the little boy.

Kyron just needs to be found. It's just awful that if a kid looks like him, he's going to get harassed at this point.
Awful yes. Surprising? Not in the least.

Heck. If I lived on the west coast I'd be concerned for my grandson.

That's terrible for the child.

It's a good thing that people are still looking for Kyron but I think we need more photos of Kyron out there because I don't think that this kid is a stunning look alike. His face is the wrong shape and he looks older IMO.
That's a younger photo of Kyron tho'. Kyron isn't missing those front teeth in his latest pics.

I'm reminded of the case of Shasta Groene. Her abductor, Joseph Duncan, brought her into a Denny's restaurant where they ordered a meal. The waitress recognized 8-year-old, Shasta. The waitress went back to her manager's office and explained the situation. The manager called the police, while the cook and waitress delayed the meal order. LE came and first identified the stolen rental car in the parking lot and then entered the restaurant and arrested Duncan.

This is how it should be handled.........not letting on that the person is recognized and acting normal, while at the same time notifying authorities.

One of the articles I read said there were other look-a-likes? Is it possible to have a sticky thread with links to all the look-a-like articles? I obviously have a vested interest in seeing any possible look-a-likes, but beyond that, perhaps people will stumble upon it and be aware what the Kyron look-a-likes look like, and not call in useless tips or scare innocent families.

One of the articles I read said there were other look-a-likes? Is it possible to have a sticky thread with links to all the look-a-like articles? I obviously have a vested interest in seeing any possible look-a-likes, but beyond that, perhaps people will stumble upon it and be aware what the Kyron look-a-likes look like, and not call in useless tips or scare innocent families.

Here is another article on the look-alike Kyron's:

100802_kyron_lookalike.jpg

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99756934.html

061410_kyron_look_alikes-hayden.jpg

061410_kyron_look_alikes.jpg

He knows Hayden isn't the only kid who resembles Kyron. In Vancouver, the Elliott family has said they have been followed and are concerned for their safety when out with their look-alike son Talin. In California this past week, three possible sightings in Yreka, Calif., turned out to be a look alike, authorities said &#8211; making national news.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96338424.html

aw. It's too bad the family is garnering all this unwanted attention. I feel for them. And with the reward for Kyron up to 50K I think their fear of someone snatching their son is well founded in reality.

It is a tough situation. Wellmeaning folks are trying to help by doing as asked and keeping an eye out for Kyron. I just wish it didn't have to threaten the safety and wellbeing of families who are unfortunate enough to have children who share a resemblance to Kyron.

IMO this young boy does not look like Kyron but I can understand that the community is ready to see Kyron in this young man's face.

He looks nothing like Kyron, except that he wears glasses and has a nose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back