Casey Visited by Doctor

TotallyObsessed

Reaction score
I am sorry if this is a dupe or has been discussed. I didn't see anything except for what was on WFTV's site and this past weekend's updates.

CASEY VISITED BY DOCTOR

Casey's had few outside visitors besides her defense team, until last Friday.

Dr. Steven Gold specializes in psychological trauma, dissociation, hypnosis and sex addiction at Nova University in Fort Lauderdale. He met with Casey for nearly four hours.

jail records show Casey bought medication three times since mid-May and visited with the nurse twice. Her jail account is no longer overdrawn, thanks to a $140 check her parents deposited Wednesday

I went on his website and this is what I found. I wonder if she is seeing someone for the sexual abuse she claims? He is author of a book Not Trauma Alone: Therapy for Child Abuse Survivors in Family and Social Context.

Dr. Gold specializes in research, treatment of and training in psychological trauma and trauma-related disorders, dissociation, hypnosis, and sexual addiction-compulsivity. He has written many articles for professional journals and chapters in edited volumes and presented on these topics at national and international professional conferences. " He is the author of Not Trauma Alone: Therapy for Child Abuse Survivors in Family and Social Context, co-editor of the books Trauma Practice in the Wake of September 11, 2001 and Trauma and Serious Mental Illness, and was guest editor of a special issue of the APA Division of Psychotherapy journal Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training on trauma-related disorders and treatment. Dr. Gold is a Certified Traumatologist with the Traumatology Institute, and is an Approved Consultant with the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis. He is also a fellow of APA and International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation, and a member of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health and of the organization MaleSurvivor. He serves as a board member of the Sidran Institute for Traumatic Stress Education & Advocacy and is on the advisory board of the Leadership Council on Child Abuse & Interpersonal Violence.

Also makes me wonder if she is going to claim some kind of post traumatic stress disorder.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/30/ijvm.01.html

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Kaine Horman Speaks Out About Missing Son; Casey Anthony Gets a Psychologist

Aired July 30, 2010
excerpts:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is the defense team trying to portray him as little Caylee`s killer? Plus Casey Anthony`s team brings in a shrink to the clink. Will he hypnotize and analyze Casey? Straight out to my very special guest: Casey`s high profile defense attorney, Jose Baez. Hello, Jose.

JOSE BAEZ, CASEY ANTHONY`S ATTORNEY: How are you, Jane?
(clip)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Have a good one.

All right. Casey`s defense as we`ve been talking has just brought in a mental health expert to evaluate her. Dr. Stephen Gold`s Web site says he specializes in hypnosis, trauma-related disorders and sexual addiction compulsivity.

Here`s my big issue, people. Is Casey Anthony a head case? What could this Dr. Gold do to help her? Will he conclude that Casey was not partying while the child was missing she`d already gotten rid of her daughter but rather because she`s a sex addict and has an uncontrollable need to troll for sex? Dr. Dale Archer.

DR. DALE ARCHER, CLINICAL PSYCHIATRIST: Well, look Jane. First of all my opinion is that every death penalty case needs to have a psychiatrist involved because you hold this person`s life in your hand. You need to know every single thing about them from the time they were born up until the present. So I think that this could just be routine on Jose`s part and I applaud that.

As for the sex addiction and all of this other stuff that we are hearing, in my opinion that`s just throwing mud in the water trying to make it so muddy that if there is any truth in there that the jurors are not going to be able to find it.
(clip)
MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: They`ve gone through hell. And now she`s trying to throw her father it seems, Jane, under the bus with his suicide attempt, with some dreams that she may have had. Who knows? But I agree with the caller. What was she doing? She wasn`t looking for little Caylee, that`s for sure.

All right. Thank you, fantastic panel and Jose Baez.

Coming up --

Soooo....this doc should know when she is lying. Wonder if he will be honest about her lies if called to testify, or if he will be bought and paid for.

I had the impression they'd already been exploring this for a while, she'd been seeing some therapist and that therapist had gone to Ohio to interview relatives of GA's, etc, and we saw in the jailhouse letters about her supposedly having "new memories surfacing" about possibly being molested as a child, etc. But is this a new doctor?

I know a lot of us from the beginning of the case wondered if she might have some dissociative disorder, myself included. She also has many visible compulsive/repetitive mannerisms. I'm glad if an expert in those disorders has been called in.

I don't see the sex addiction angle myself, I don't see any evidence she was any more interested in sex than most people her age. I don't think the so-called "partying" at Fusian for example was strictly partying, nor do I see it as sexual or anything, she was dressed more tamely than all the other girls in the club, she did the "hot body" dance for Tony's event (and hated it), she was basically working for him for free. But she's there doing this fake "audition" type smile in the photos at the club, etc. The question is, why was she doing this stuff for him, cleaning for him, bringing food from her parents' refrigerator for him and his friends, hanging out there with them, etc, when they didn't seem to be even nice to her....why was she doing all this stuff for TL rather than looking for Caylee? What was going on and what did she think was going on?

I would be interested in what they find out about possible trauma, hypnotic type behavior, dissociation, compulsive behaviors, mania/delirium/sleepdeprivation etc, any cognition/memory issues, etc, any potential medical causes, toxicology, etc. As her friend Annie said, they all knew Casey didn't always make sense, but Casey would never harm Caylee or just lose her or let her be missing and not report it. So what happened?

Soooo....this doc should know when she is lying. Wonder if he will be honest about her lies if called to testify, or if he will be bought and paid for.

"He who pays the piper plays the tune" ~ Unknown.

I had the impression they'd already been exploring this for a while, she'd been seeing some therapist and that therapist had gone to Ohio to interview relatives of GA's, etc, and we saw in the jailhouse letters about her supposedly having "new memories surfacing" about possibly being molested as a child, etc. But is this a new doctor?

I know a lot of us from the beginning of the case wondered if she might have some dissociative disorder, myself included. She also has many visible compulsive/repetitive mannerisms. I'm glad if an expert in those disorders has been called in.

I don't see the sex addiction angle myself, I don't see any evidence she was any more interested in sex than most people her age. I don't think the so-called "partying" at Fusian for example was strictly partying, nor do I see it as sexual or anything, she was dressed more tamely than all the other girls in the club, she did the "hot body" dance for Tony's event (and hated it), she was basically working for him for free. But she's there doing this fake "audition" type smile in the photos at the club, etc. The question is, why was she doing this stuff for him, cleaning for him, bringing food from her parents' refrigerator for him and his friends, hanging out there with them, etc, when they didn't seem to be even nice to her....why was she doing all this stuff for TL rather than looking for Caylee? What was going on and what did she think was going on?

I would be interested in what they find out about possible trauma, hypnotic type behavior, dissociation, compulsive behaviors, mania/delirium/sleepdeprivation etc, any cognition/memory issues, etc, any potential medical causes, toxicology, etc. As her friend Annie said, they all knew Casey didn't always make sense, but Casey would never harm Caylee or just lose her or let her be missing and not report it. So what happened?

(Color added) I assume that was all in your opinion. Was there any mention by ICA in any documents that she hated going to Fusion and working for TL and doing the Hot Bod contest? Perhaps I missed that somewhere in ICA's statements. :waitasec:

Personally she looked to be having a good time to me. Also if I remember correctly when she was on the phone after being arrested wasn't it TL's phone number she wanted and also if I recall she completely dodged any mention of Caylee. I also don't recall seeing photo's of all the others girls in the club to make a comparison between ICA's attire and all the other girls there.

ICA isn't that big of a mystery. I would be very surprised if any mental health professional diagnosed her with anything other then ASPD.

There's a shot of her doing the "hot body" thing with a smile on her face that I can only describe as incredibly gleeful. I don't buy it that she was doing anything she didn't want to do. I'm gonna have to agree with marspiter and ask if there's a link to something reliable indicating that Casey "hated" doing the hot body thing. As for her attire, there's one pic that makes it pretty clear that she's either wearing no panties or the world's tiniest thong, so....

4 hours???? Who paid this whopper of a bill? County tax payers......wonder if there is a way to find out how much this costs? Most mental inmates are lucky to get 1/2 hr. Do we know the Dr name? Fake sexually molested!!!!!! bs

Ive sorta lost interest in this case until it goes to trial... Doesn't she have a court appointed?

Oh and how exactly do you know she hated the hot body contest?? I don't see her dong anything she didn't want to do. Regardless of what her "friends" said about her - they also revealed that they had no clue about who casey really was.

This might be a stupid question to all of you, but I don't know.. are we sure the defense necessarily asked this guy to come visit her, or with mental health professionals is that something that the state or the jail can ask for that isn't considered attorney-client privileged? Do we know whether he came seeking this opportunity, or if he was sought out?

I agree with JustJayla, that he may very well see through any baloney she tries to put out. Which is why I wonder if the defense necessarily engaged him.

This might be a stupid question to all of you, but I don't know.. are we sure the defense necessarily asked this guy to come visit her, or with mental health professionals is that something that the state or the jail can ask for that isn't considered attorney-client privileged? Do we know whether he came seeking this opportunity, or if he was sought out?

I agree with JustJayla, that he may very well see through any baloney she tries to put out. Which is why I wonder if the defense necessarily engaged him.
I just had to change my post due to yours, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if the state did indeed hire this doctor to examine ICA. J Barrett in my opinion, crossed that line of professionalism getting far too personal with her patient. I was more than happy to see her leave. She like ALyon saw a golden opportunity to further her financial and professional gains.

My dad was a counselor (after retiring from working for a big drug company) and he said there wasn't much research supporting "remembered" memories of abuse...lots of indication that when the subject was under hypnosis they were vulnerable to suggestion and upon awakening, remembered things that in fact didn't happen. At first it was thought to be some kind of big breakthrough for the abused but over time it was shown to actually be quite rare that the memories were real. When Casey first spouted that she "thinks she remembers dreams" about her father abusing her, I could see my dad shaking his head from up above. I myself don't believe her for a skinny minute...

IF she was in some kind of dissociative state, wouldn't she have snapped out of it by now? I don't see a true dissociation lasting 2+ years....wish I could ask my dad about that one. :(( Any counselors here? I mostly lurk (due to time constraints) so miss a lot of posts...

(I started following this case from pretty much day 1 - dad was slipping away from us when this all began and watching NG and JVM helped keep my mind occupied for a few hours. I was just telling my mom last night that I never dream about him & wish I did...)

Oh and how exactly do you know she hated the hot body contest?? I don't see her dong anything she didn't want to do. Regardless of what her "friends" said about her - they also revealed that they had no clue about who casey really was.

I would like this questioned answered as well, Seagull. Very respectfully, I disagree, but if you can site a reference where she indicated how much she "hated" the hot bod contest, then I'll eat my hat, I guess. She looked like she was having the time of her life! Her outfit may have looked more conservative than her contest mates (I recall seeing at least one other person in the pic), but that's like saying that one orange is juicier than another - they are still the same kind of fruit.

The State normally does a risk/needs assessment during the inmates intake process. This assessment is used primarily to determine the inmates level of supervision (for security purposes) and if any other services are needed such as substance abuse treatment. North Carolina has a very similar process for offenders in prison and those on supervised probation/parole. Well here in NC the entire RNA/OTI for probation/parole will be redone starting in Sept-Dec according to my last memo.

I can't really comment on Florida or the RNA for it's correctional facilities but if it's anything like the ones I've seen it's partly self reporting and partly "canned" questions that can be asked by a facilitator for processing. It's not entirely in dept as say an assessment from a mental health professional. They mainly just want to know if your a danger to yourself or others and/or what special services you may require.

So to cut to the case and stop my typical long winded response I seriously doubt this guy was called in by anyone other then the defense or was given access to ICA with out her expressed permission.

A quick link to a report on Florida's intake process.
http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/reports/pdf/9664rpt.pdf

I just had to change my post due to yours, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if the state did indeed hire this doctor to examine ICA. J Barrett in my opinion, crossed that line of professionalism getting far too personal with her patient. I was more than happy to see her leave. She like ALyon saw a golden opportunity to further her financial and professional gains.

There is absolutely no chance, NADA, that this was instigated by the State. They cannot contact, interview, question KC. This is a defense strategy, pure and simple. It' ain't gonna work - maybe in the mitigation phase to combat the "guilty" verdict and death sentence. IMO this is following the line of KC being abused by her brother and father (ummm. yeah). Defense is definitely going down that road to explain why she killed her daughter.

ETA: Also explains why JB was so hot to have the visits not released to the public

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back