646 users online (99 members and 547 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521

    SCARED OF SPIDERS... You should be.

    A woman breaks her leg trying to avoid a spider.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/3531114.stm

    An embarrassed woman who broke her leg avoiding a spider drove to work fearing colleagues would think she was trying to duck out of a team-building weekend.
    Sharon Edwards, 43, of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, did the damage jumping backwards in fear when she encountered a tiny spider in her back garden.

    The travel agent assumed it was a sprain and began driving to work.

    She headed instead for hospital when she realised she could not feel how hard she was pressing on the pedals.


    "I have an absolute fear of spiders. I was taking the rubbish out and a spider had managed to build a web across the path where the bins were," Sharon said,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    I hate spiders.. they have tortured me my whole life

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,326
    did any of you see the pics of camel spiders over in iraq? they are huge monstrosities from your worst nightmares....one of my sons was over there, he said they sprayed an ENTIRE CAN of insecticide on one of them, and after a minute it got up and walked away!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    did any of you see the pics of camel spiders over in iraq? they are huge monstrosities from your worst nightmares....one of my sons was over there, he said they sprayed an ENTIRE CAN of insecticide on one of them, and after a minute it got up and walked away!!
    OMG Linda, that's the freakiest thing I've ever heard. Holy SH&T.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,326
    Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    OMG Linda, that's the freakiest thing I've ever heard. Holy SH&T.
    did you look at the ugly thing in cass' link! look if you dare!! eeewwwww...i'd have to shoot that thing, several times!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    Did you read the whole link?

    According to snopes... Camel spiders reach maybe 5" across.

    That photo, is either doctored, or the spider is held real close to the camera, to make the illusion that it's something really big.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    Did you read the whole link?

    According to snopes... Camel spiders reach maybe 5" across.

    That photo, is either doctored, or the spider is held real close to the camera, to make the illusion that it's something really big.
    THEY REALLY ARE OVER 5 INCHES!!!my son, and many others have seen them. screaming...............................

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    THEY REALLY ARE OVER 5 INCHES!!!my son, and many others have seen them. screaming...............................
    Well, I guess they need to send the snopes web site, a verified photo...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Wellington, FL
    Posts
    896
    Gives a whole new meaning to "spider hole" like the one Saddam was found in. No wonder he didn't resist capture. Would rather face an M-16 then one of those suckers!
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain



    GO STEELERS!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,326
    let me tell you, i'm not afraid of gun-toting bank robbers or crack dealers...but i'm scared shotless of those spiders!! you couldn't exactly step on one to squash it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    797

    spiders

    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    I hate spiders.. they have tortured me my whole life
    Another reason why life in Iraq leaves something to be desired.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,062
    5" across is too big a spider for me!!! Although I have learned to be a bit fascinated with spiders. We have such big ones (yellow garden spider, orb weavers, etc.) that I like to study them a bit. This is of course, as long as I don't accidentally walk into a web, and get one ON me...then I totally freak out!! The ones we have to watch out for is the venomous ones, the black widow & brown recluse.