Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfieTX

Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/multnomah_county_shericomb_thr.html

"Investigators have been focusing on Terri Moulton Horman's close circle of friends after learning that one of them obtained new cell phones for her so she could avoid investigators' scrutiny after becoming the focus of the inquiry into the disappearance of her 7-year-old stepson."

REALLY?!? Who was the smart cookie here who speculated that TH couldn't live w/o her electronics - because you were right on the money.

I wonder which friend that is, Dede or someone else.

Just another action by Terri that makes her look guilty as sin (which I am 100% convinced that she is). If she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, then why in the heck did she need a cell phone to avoid investigator's scrutiny? I'm anxious to see how all of the Terri supporters can justify this. JMO.

I wonder which friend that is, Dede or someone else.

I wish we knew. If it was someone else, TH sure has a lot of "good friends" that will do VERY questionable things during the investigation of a missing CHILD!

Makes me wonder about the theory that she may have had a "throwaway phone" before Kyron went missing. You can buy prepaid phones and activate them without giving real information.

She sure acts like she has stuff to hide. I hope they lock her up soon, enough is enough.

Oh my, my, my...can we all say "obstruction of justice and interfering with an investigation." :nono:

So, if you get other cell phones for a friend, do you pay for them out of your pocket, or do you ask the friend for whom you got the phone to pay the bill? Just curious on this one...

Oh, and I have not yet said it and don't know if anyone else has, but through all of this, I have wondered where Terri might have spent her days while married to Kaine. I mean, in the respect of... IF Terri told her friends she was desperately unhappy with Kaine and needed a getaway, maybe some of her friends (particularly single ones) said, "Here is a key to my home -- go, use my computer, my phone, my fridge, my spare room...whatever you need." IF someone gave her carte blanche to use their home and electronics, I would think that all of those things need searching.

And back to the point of the thread... WHY would someone think she needed another cell phone OR phones? "Hi Joanne, yes, I am worn out today, would you like to meet for lunch at Red Robin? Let's meet at 2" So what, if you are innocent, really what do you care if there are people there scrutinizing and overhearing? Is this just a matter of wanting privacy? I LOVE my privacy -- but there is a child missing and if I am innocent, do I care if an officer sits on me day and night and hears everything?

PS. The above ref to Red Robin is in regards to the Twitter note on Dede Spichers webpage, about the AC being broken at some restaurant, she thinks the "heat is on"

I think we are seeing a pattern:

1. Terri has a plan.

2. The plan works for a while.

3. Until it's uncovered and she seems suspicious as hell.

She seems to think she is smarter than the average cookie but she is grossly miscalculating the amount of scrutiny a possible murder investigation brings.

Just another action by Terri that makes her look guilty as sin (which I am 100% convinced that she is). If she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, then why in the heck did she need a cell phone to avoid investigator's scrutiny? I'm anxious to see how all of the Terri supporters can justify this. JMO.

That's easy :) She wanted some privacy. I can understand not wanting to talk on a bugged phone, even if one is innocent, so I'm sure that's what the rationale will be.

grrrr...even if LE was on to this, there would be no way they could get the content of her conversations.

And back to the point of the thread... WHY would someone think she needed another cell phone OR phones?

Well, to give her the benefit of the doubt, they might if they're wanting to start a sexting affair. It'd be embarrassing to know that the whole sheriff's department is going to see my secret bits if I send a photo to a boyfriend.

But it would be rather embarrassing to tell my friends that's why I need a new one so I guess I'd be stuck with my old one... :)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/multnomah_county_shericomb_thr.html

"Investigators have been focusing on Terri Moulton Horman's close circle of friends after learning that one of them obtained new cell phones for her so she could avoid investigators' scrutiny after becoming the focus of the inquiry into the disappearance of her 7-year-old stepson."

REALLY?!? Who was the smart cookie here who speculated that TH couldn't live w/o her electronics - because you were right on the money.
thanks for the thread surfie...

I am not shocked at this latest info... nope... no thuds from nurse. ;-)

Hang on and let me pick myself up off the floor........

Terri and her friends blow me away with their audacity! If I were being investigated for a crime of which I was innocent, I would NOT do ANYTHING that may even be seen as shady or sneaky! My life would be an open book to 1) find a missing child and 2) try to exonerate myself. What is wrong with these people!?!?

Well, to give her the benefit of the doubt, they might if they're wanting to start a sexting affair. It'd be embarrassing to know that the whole sheriff's department is going to see my secret bits if I send a photo to a boyfriend.

But it would be rather embarrassing to tell my friends that's why I need a new one so I guess I'd be stuck with my old one... :)

But is there really a reason they cant meet up and just have sex? Its just so gross if that would be used as a legit reason by her, I hope its not.

I'm sure Houze is overjoyed with this news. Wonder if she told him?

Hang on and let me pick myself up off the floor........

Terri and her friends blow me away with their audacity! If I were being investigated for a crime of which I was innocent, I would NOT do ANYTHING that may even be seen as shady or sneaky! My life would be an open book to 1) find a missing child and 2) try to exonerate myself. What is wrong with these people!?!?

Love this post.A child is missing!!!

Well, now we know why TH's friends have been under the microscope. It shocks me that here she has a missing child (*basically) and she feels the need to have a bat phone? And, she obviously wanted it kept very secret or she would have got it herself.

Well, at least it's a little more comfortable climbing off the fence a little more . . . .

One question, though, does LE have this phone? The records? My, my, those could be interesting!

Makes me wonder about the theory that she may have had a "throwaway phone" before Kyron went missing. You can buy prepaid phones and activate them without giving real information.

BBM, I'm wondering this too. Kaine's request to Terri's friends about turning in any texts, emails and the like to LE that they may have received in the past (paraphrased) makes more sense now. They are probably trying to figure out all of the phone numbers (and probably multiple email addresses) she was associated with. Either way, there's no doubt left in my mind that Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. The more that comes out, the more her guilt is obvious. I have faith that LE has the details that we don't know about that tie a lot of this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken