Identified! TX - Fort Bend Co, WhtFem 17-30, UP4510, 2 duffel bags of clothing, Dec'84 - Peggy Ann Dodd

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 82UFTX
http://doenetwork.org/cases/82uftx.html
NamUs Case File 4510 https://identifyus.org/cases/4510

82UFTX.jpg
82UFTX1.jpg

Sketches of Victim

# Unidentified White Female Located on December 22, 1984 in Fort Bend County, Texas
# Estimated Date of Death: 6 - 12 months.
# Skeletal remains.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17 - 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10 - 5'2"; 90 - 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair.
* Dentals: Available. She had a silver cap on tooth 19.
* Clothing: Gloria Vanderbilt cutoff jeans, size 7; bikini panties, size 6; an Ocean Pacific t-shirt with the brand's logo imprinted on the front and cap sleeves; white ankle socks; and silver-colored athletic shoes, size 6. Two McGregor brand duffel bags were also discovered near her body, one red, one blue, both of which contained various items of designer clothing, size 7; belts; blue silk nightgowns; bathing suits; shoes; and a Sears 1200 hair dryer.

Case History
The victim was located next to a tree in a pasture, north of FM 762, circa 0.9 of a mile east of SH 59 in Fort Bend County.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office

Or
Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number:
U8708003

NCIC Number:
U-258583582

Sandy Pathresa Rea

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rea_sandy.html
82UFTX.jpg
82UFTX1.jpg
rea_sandy.jpg

• She has a very similar facial structure at the cheekbones and has a strong chin (as does the UID). FWIW, her nose is similar too, although I'm not sure what to make of that since the remains were skeletal.
  • Her height (5'2") is within the UID's range (4'10" to 5'2")
  • Her weight (111 lbs) is at the upper margin (90 to 110)
  • Her age (17) is within DoeNet's range (17 - 25), although the NamUs estimate is 20 to 30.
  • She had light brown hair of approximately the same length as depicted for the UID.
  • The UID was found about 450 miles straight down I-35 from her hometown of Shawnee OK. Shawnee, OK to Fort Bend, TX - Google Maps
  • The timeframe between DLC and Discovery Date is 94 days (about 3 months). This is a bit tighter than the estimated postmortem interval of 6-12 months, but I do not think it is too tight to be reasonable.

Also, I'm not sure what the artist is trying to depict at the right corner of the UID's mouth. Maybe a cigarette? There is no indication in the description that the UID was a smoker, but we do know that Sandy Rea was a cigarette smoker.

The UID was found wearing summer clothing.

Assuming that the correct figure is sub 12 months, and looking at climate figures for Houston, I would suggest that it's more likely that the UID died from March onward. Daily maxima are below 70 degrees from December through February and I would say that's not bikini weather, especially for someone used to such a warm climate.

September is certainly warm enough to be dressed as the UID was.

If the postmortem interval is only three months, shouldn't there be some cartilage preserved to strengthen the match vis a vis the noses on Sandy and the UID?

As usual there are questions over the quality of the data and the reconstruction. I'd like to see a postmortem photo and/or a reconstruction done directly from it, but it certainly seems to be a possible match although not completely compelling (just because both profiles are quite sparse).

I think its a great possibility! There's nothing wayyyy off :) I think Sandy's picture looks alot like the reconstruction. Good possible Carl, as usual :)

Sandy Pathresa Rea

82UFTX.jpg
82UFTX1.jpg
rea_sandy.jpg

• She has a very similar facial structure at the cheekbones and has a strong chin (as does the UID). FWIW, her nose is similar too, although I'm not sure what to make of that since the remains were skeletal.
  • Her age (17) is within DoeNet's range (17 - 25), although the NamUs estimate is 20 to 30.
  • She had light brown hair of approximately the same length as depicted for the UID.
  • The UID was found about 450 miles straight down I-35 from her hometown of Shawnee OK. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...93,-98.129883&spn=13.916274,22.390137&t=h&z=6
  • The timeframe between DLC and Discovery Date is 94 days (about 3 months). This is a bit tighter than the estimated postmortem interval of 6-12 months, but I do not think it is too tight to be reasonable.

Also, I'm not sure what the artist is trying to depict at the right corner of the UID's mouth. Maybe a cigarette? There is no indication in the description that the UID was a smoker, but we do know that Sandy Rea was a cigarette smoker.

A definite possibility. Especially the chin.

If you are keeping a prioritized list of possibilities for this Doe, then I think Tammie Lynn Wilkinson is a possibility for the list too.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/905dfmo.html
She's a trifle taller and heavier than the estimate, but she has the substantial chin and she disappeared at the right time of year to be wearing that sort of clothing.

Sandy Pathresa Rea

82UFTX.jpg
82UFTX1.jpg
rea_sandy.jpg

• The UID was found about 450 miles straight down I-35 from her hometown of Shawnee OK. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...93,-98.129883&spn=13.916274,22.390137&t=h&z=6

I think this match is quite possible. Carl, I think you should call it in. I saw on the Namus site that they don't have a list of ruleouts for this UID, so it's worth a shot.

Just spoke with Kristin Fabry of TX-DPS.

Sandy is not on their rule-out listing, so she will have to contact the Shawnee OK authorities to see what they have on her.

It looks like a good match. I'm as baffled as you are as to why the woman's lip is pulled back in the sketch. At first I thought it was to emphasize some dental anomaly, but the silver cap is on the opposite side of her jaw.

Also, Charley Project doesn't indicate how far Sandy Rea lived from the bowling alley where she was last seen. Her friends gave her a ride to the alley and it probably would have been mentioned if they'd seen her with the two duffel bags. It doesn't seem likely she walked all the way home, however far that was, and retrieved the bags before leaving town.

Something about the contents of the bags tells me Jane Doe brought those items from home rather than acquiring them while she was traveling. Charley Project states Rea had been supporting herself by working at restaurants, but would she have enough money left over to buy enough designer clothes to fill two duffel bags? I'm undecided on that one, but none of the things I've brought up are nearly strong enough concerns to not look into this match.

It looks like a good match. I'm as baffled as you are as to why the woman's lip is pulled back in the sketch. At first I thought it was to emphasize some dental anomaly, but the silver cap is on the opposite side of her jaw.

As I mentioned earlier, I think that it's a cigarette. On one of the cable channels (I believe it was ID), I saw a program about how forensic artists do skull reconstructions. The artist who did this drawing, as well as the people from LSU Faces lab were featured on the show. The artist works directly with the skull (not just from a photo), and spends quite a bit of time analyzing the skull and other items found with it in preparation for the drawing. IMO, this is one of the better forensic artists, despite that her drawings aren't as elaborate as some of the others.

I would guess that artist probably saw that the teeth were tobacco stained, and decided to depict Jane Doe with a cigarette in her mouth, and the people who provided the info for DoeNet and NamUs neglected to mention it.

Also, Charley Project doesn't indicate how far Sandy Rea lived from the bowling alley where she was last seen. Her friends gave her a ride to the alley and it probably would have been mentioned if they'd seen her with the two duffel bags. It doesn't seem likely she walked all the way home, however far that was, and retrieved the bags before leaving town.

Something about the contents of the bags tells me Jane Doe brought those items from home rather than acquiring them while she was traveling. Charley Project states Rea had been supporting herself by working at restaurants, but would she have enough money left over to buy enough designer clothes to fill two duffel bags? I'm undecided on that one, but none of the things I've brought up are nearly strong enough concerns to not look into this match.

There is a principle called "Occam's Razor" that states that the simplest explanation is the most likely one. And I agree that the circumstances here don't match up to the simplest explanation. I came across this possible about a week ago, and sat on it for awhile because of the circumstances. But I decided to go ahead and put it up on the board (and subsequently, to call it in) because everything else looked right.

Although the circumstances don't seem consistent, there is no clear explanation of what could have happened to her. When you have a case like this where a person just disappears into thin air with no evidence of a crime or a possible perp, just about anything is possible.

By the way, it says that several investigators believed that she left on her own accord, but it doesn't say why they believe that. There is no mention of whether any of her belongings were missing from her home. She quite possibly could have caught a ride home with some guy who was able to convince her to take off with him, and on the way out of town they swung by her home to pick up her stuff.

Before I read anything I thought she had a significant under bite, but then didn't see anything mentioned. The side profile looks odd, and a bit strange that they drew her with her mouth partially open. And like the rest of you, I thought the frontal drawing is strange but to me it looks like an underbite, or that something with the jaw isn't right.

Regardless, it sounds to me like the UID is a run-away.

As I mentioned earlier, I think that it's a cigarette. On one of the cable channels (I believe it was ID), I saw a program about how forensic artists do skull reconstructions. The artist who did this drawing, as well as the people from LSU Faces lab were featured on the show. The artist works directly with the skull (not just from a photo), and spends quite a bit of time analyzing the skull and other items found with it in preparation for the drawing. IMO, this is one of the better forensic artists, despite that her drawings aren't as elaborate as some of the others.

I would guess that artist probably saw that the teeth were tobacco stained, and decided to depict Jane Doe with a cigarette in her mouth, and the people who provided the info for DoeNet and NamUs neglected to mention it.

There is a principle called "Occam's Razor" that states that the simplest explanation is the most likely one. And I agree that the circumstances here don't match up to the simplest explanation. I came across this possible about a week ago, and sat on it for awhile because of the circumstances. But I decided to go ahead and put it up on the board (and subsequently, to call it in) because everything else looked right.

Although the circumstances don't seem consistent, there is no clear explanation of what could have happened to her. When you have a case like this where a person just disappears into thin air with no evidence of a crime or a possible perp, just about anything is possible.

By the way, it says that several investigators believed that she left on her own accord, but it doesn't say why they believe that. There is no mention of whether any of her belongings were missing from her home. She quite possibly could have caught a ride home with some guy who was able to convince her to take off with him, and on the way out of town they swung by her home to pick up her stuff.

About her possibly leaving of her own accord... there is a sort of empty space in her story that I would want to find facts to fill if I was talking to her family. She is a responsible girl on many levels it appears, worked jobs to support herself at 17, was considered the second mother of the household, was involved in extracurricular activities that indicate diligence and ambition, visited home frequently to see her younger siblings who she obviously cared deeply for. Why was she living out of home at that age? She was maybe experimenting with pot and booze, but plenty of kids experiment while managing to live at home. What was there at home that made it not the most logical, frugal choice for her? Was someone at home abusing her or a relentless nag or involved in a major personality clash with her?

there are no names listed for any rule outs at Namus. they put 105 as her height so there are not going to be any macthes generated that way.

May I please ask if there is DNA on this Jane Doe in CODIS?If not are they going to try and get DNA from her? I have seen this Jane Doe many times for a long time now trying to look for matches to my sister.I have always thought with the designer clothes,hair dryer ect...This girl was going to a modeling shoot somewhere and she was a Christopher Bernard Wilder victim.Wilder usually put his victims a county or two over from where he abducted them.Usually a state away.So I think Sandy Rea would be a very good possibility from Oklahoma.Could they tell where these designer clothes came from or the clothes she was wearing.

May I please ask if there is DNA on this Jane Doe in CODIS?If not are they going to try and get DNA from her? I have seen this Jane Doe many times for a long time now trying to look for matches to my sister.I have always thought with the designer clothes,hair dryer ect...This girl was going to a modeling shoot somewhere and she was a Christopher Bernard Wilder victim.Wilder usually put his victims a county or two over from where he abducted them.Usually a state away.Could they tell where these designer clothes came from or the clothes she was wearing.

her body was found in 1984 before DNA testing was around. they would have to exhume her body and most places either don't have those resources or choose not to use them for these purposes.

her body was found in 1984 before DNA testing was around. they would have to exhume her body and most places either don't have those resources or choose not to use them for these purposes.
That's sad and it's very wrong.They need to Identify this poor girl.

May I please ask if there is DNA on this Jane Doe in CODIS?If not are they going to try and get DNA from her? I have seen this Jane Doe many times for a long time now trying to look for matches to my sister.I have always thought with the designer clothes,hair dryer ect...This girl was going to a modeling shoot somewhere and she was a Christopher Bernard Wilder victim.Wilder usually put his victims a county or two over from where he abducted them.Usually a state away.So I think Sandy Rea would be a very good possibility from Oklahoma.Could they tell where these designer clothes came from or the clothes she was wearing.

I should call TXDPS again on this one. I have a few open submissions with them, a couple of which are fairly solid possibles. Unfortunately, it's like pulling teeth getting any action from them.

Another thought: If this Jane Doe is a C. Wilder victim, it's quite possible that he dumped the belongings of one of his other victims when he dumped this girl's body. Perhaps the two duffels full uf clothing were in his car trunk, and the body of the previous victim was dumped in haste.

This girl could have also left willingly with Wilder if he promised he could make her a model.I am interested still with this Jane Doe if they have pictures of her clothing.bags ect...

If the Jane Doe is a Wilder victim, then she can't be Sandy Pathresa Rea. Sandy was last seen on 19-Sep-84 after Wilder was already dead (13-Apr-84).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back