1577 users online (253 members and 1324 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 132
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,151

    Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

    Here is an article which describes a particular tip that is being followed up on. The article is highlighting how many tips that have flowed in about Kyron's disappearance.

    Here is the tip:

    This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

    .<snipped for copyright>

    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08/...d-frustration/
    Last edited by Kimster; 08-03-2010 at 01:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Junction City Oregon is over 2 hours from Skyline School and while Terri could have been there...the only other red head (Dede) could NOT have made it there on her 90 min MIA from the farm.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,300
    Carrying a shovel in the woods,that's just too creepy.I can't see Terri and Dede doing anything at all like that.Maybe Dede being convinced he was being abused and needed to be hidden,but not killing a child.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Here is an article which describes a particular tip that is being followed up on. The article is highlighting how many tips that have flowed in about Kyron's disappearance.

    Here is the tip:

    This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

    <snipped for copyright>

    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08/...d-frustration/
    Really? So 5 days AFTER Kyron is missing from the school he is seen by this gentleman presumably with Terri in the family truck? Yep, that's believable. I'm sure that 5 days in to the investigation LE is watching the entire family very closely. IMO, this man's story is bogus.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine_xoxo View Post
    Junction City Oregon is over 2 hours from Skyline School and while Terri could have been there...the only other red head (Dede) could NOT have made it there on her 90 min MIA from the farm.
    The tipster said that he saw the white truck and boy on June 9th.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Foothills of Northern Colorado
    Posts
    2,369
    I don't know what to think about this, but I'm definitely interested to hear more. Just seems a little hokey that he puts these three people who are being focused on in the media and their two vehicles together like this. But, of course, you never know, so hopefully it's being followed up on now!

    ETA: I'd also have to seriously wonder why, on June 9th, when this man witnessed three adults taking a boy into the woods with a shovel and then hearing a gunshot, did he not report that immediately? Whether he knew of Kyron or not, it's certainly suspicious, even without the gunshot.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    The tipster said that he saw the white truck and boy on June 9th.
    Ha, ok so I *can* read, I can I can
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Charlotte ,North Carolina
    Posts
    2,005
    I say its a hogwash story
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,151
    Have we heard of a cranberry coloured vehicle in this case?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Foothills of Northern Colorado
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Have we heard of a cranberry coloured vehicle in this case?
    I'm almost positive we have, just can't remember who's. DS or her family maybe? I can't remember, but I'm sure I've heard it.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Here is an article which describes a particular tip that is being followed up on. The article is highlighting how many tips that have flowed in about Kyron's disappearance.

    snip:
    Here is the tip:

    This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

    DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.
    ..[/B]

    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08/...d-frustration/
    If so, then that scares the hell out of me because it means LE isn't considering any tips that don't lead directly to Terri.

    But aside from that:

    Here’s an example of one such tip, forwarded today to WW by former Sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain

    Why am I not surprised. This man is quite the media hound. Why in God's name would he send something like this to WW??? Unfreakinbelievable
    Last edited by grandmaj; 08-03-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: snipped quote for copyright

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
    Really? So 5 days AFTER Kyron is missing from the school he is seen by this gentleman presumably with Terri in the family truck? Yep, that's believable. I'm sure that 5 days in to the investigation LE is watching the entire family very closely. IMO, this man's story is bogus.
    Unless it wasn't anyone who was being watched.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,984
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)
    Exactly, anybody in their right mind would have called 911.

  15. #15
    I live in the Eugene area. If you guys map out where you think this occurred, I'll go over and take pics if you want.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Willamette Week "The Kyron Files"
    By gliving in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM
  2. Replies: 217
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 10:27 PM