Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Here is an article which describes a particular tip that is being followed up on. The article is highlighting how many tips that have flowed in about Kyron's disappearance.

Here is the tip:

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

.<snipped for copyright>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08...ipsters-startling-suspicions-and-frustration/

Junction City Oregon is over 2 hours from Skyline School and while Terri could have been there...the only other red head (Dede) could NOT have made it there on her 90 min MIA from the farm.

Carrying a shovel in the woods,that's just too creepy.I can't see Terri and Dede doing anything at all like that.Maybe Dede being convinced he was being abused and needed to be hidden,but not killing a child.

Here is an article which describes a particular tip that is being followed up on. The article is highlighting how many tips that have flowed in about Kyron's disappearance.

Here is the tip:

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. &#8230; When I took his call he expressed relief in &#8220;finally talking to a human&#8221; after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

<snipped for copyright>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08...ipsters-startling-suspicions-and-frustration/

Really? So 5 days AFTER Kyron is missing from the school he is seen by this gentleman presumably with Terri in the family truck? Yep, that's believable. I'm sure that 5 days in to the investigation LE is watching the entire family very closely. IMO, this man's story is bogus.

Junction City Oregon is over 2 hours from Skyline School and while Terri could have been there...the only other red head (Dede) could NOT have made it there on her 90 min MIA from the farm.

The tipster said that he saw the white truck and boy on June 9th.

I don't know what to think about this, but I'm definitely interested to hear more. Just seems a little hokey that he puts these three people who are being focused on in the media and their two vehicles together like this. But, of course, you never know, so hopefully it's being followed up on now!

ETA: I'd also have to seriously wonder why, on June 9th, when this man witnessed three adults taking a boy into the woods with a shovel and then hearing a gunshot, did he not report that immediately? Whether he knew of Kyron or not, it's certainly suspicious, even without the gunshot.

I say its a hogwash story

Have we heard of a cranberry coloured vehicle in this case?

He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)

Have we heard of a cranberry coloured vehicle in this case?

I'm almost positive we have, just can't remember who's. DS or her family maybe? I can't remember, but I'm sure I've heard it.

snip:
Here is the tip:

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. &#8230; When I took his call he expressed relief in &#8220;finally talking to a human&#8221; after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9&#8211;the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a &#8220;cranberry&#8221; color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two&#8211;with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.
..[/B]

If so, then that scares the hell out of me because it means LE isn't considering any tips that don't lead directly to Terri.

But aside from that:

Here&#8217;s an example of one such tip, forwarded today to WW by former Sheriff&#8217;s Capt. Bruce McCain

Why am I not surprised. This man is quite the media hound. Why in God's name would he send something like this to WW??? Unfreakinbelievable :furious:

Really? So 5 days AFTER Kyron is missing from the school he is seen by this gentleman presumably with Terri in the family truck? Yep, that's believable. I'm sure that 5 days in to the investigation LE is watching the entire family very closely. IMO, this man's story is bogus.

Unless it wasn't anyone who was being watched.

He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)

Exactly, anybody in their right mind would have called 911.

I live in the Eugene area. If you guys map out where you think this occurred, I'll go over and take pics if you want.

I live in the Eugene area. If you guys map out where you think this occurred, I'll go over and take pics if you want.

Be careful. Don't assume that we know who took Kyron.

Yeah I don't care if they know where Terri and DeDe were at that day and time. When you get a report of a kid being led into the woods with a shovel and then possible gunshot...you check that out! It didn't have to be Kyron...but what if they get a missing child report when school starts...of a kid that hasn't been seen since school ended?

It should be checked out, regardless of it's relevance to Kyron.

I looked on google for Monroe, Oregon. There is an old mill there that is off the road a ways. I don't know how they would have made it down the length of the road, stopped, got out and go into the woods while he was just driving by on the road. It seems he would have had to stop and watch them. The other odd thing is that there does not seem to be a gas station nearby enough for him to have heard the gunshot when he stopped to ask for directions. Here is the link Monroe. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

The mill is just north of the town on "Mill Road".

I see no paint transfer on the truck:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5300398&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back