1000 users online (227 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Military Dog Comes Home From Iraq Traumatized

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado (AP) - Gina was a playful 2-year-old German shepherd when she went to Iraq as a highly trained bomb-sniffing dog with the military, conducting door-to-door searches and witnessing all sorts of noisy explosions.

She returned home to the United States cowering and fearful. When her handlers tried to take her into a building, she would stiffen her legs and resist. Once inside, she would tuck her tail beneath her body and slink along the floor. She would hide under furniture or in a corner to avoid people.

A military veterinarian diagnosed with her post-traumatic stress disorder a condition that some experts say can afflict dogs just like it does humans.

Carpe Diem ......... Cras

Oh so sad
    dogs are affected by things just like people and he suffered a lot I'm sure. I hope there is some types of treatment to help him.

Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Awwwwwwwww so sad.
    Gina is a hero and should be treated as one.
    So happy she's on the mend

It's hard to fathom that she may go back to Iraq
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

Poor thing! I hope military MD's take a lesson from this and work on ways to rehabilitate our soldiers, so they too can feel a semblance of peace again. God bless our soldiers, human and animal!

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    poor Gina

send her to me - I'll help her heal

Chicago burbs
    This makes me sad. Makes me sad we need dogs there. Dogs didn't start this stupid war.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.