1504 users online (246 members and 1258 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The "sexting" revisited

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5480748&postcount=214"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny[/ame]

To quote from the above,
    "Not only can a phone be taken over remotely, the phones can be reprogrammed, remotely, to look like they are still off."

So - how do we know that it was actually TH sexting the naughty pictures from her phone to Cook, and not someone else who had hijacked her phone sending photos that were already on the phone (perhaps that she had shared with her husband) and pretending to be her?

I've always thought that the whole sexting story sounded hinky, but I couldn't quite figure out how the photos could have been sent without TH's knowledge - this would explain how it could happen. If someone wanted to make her look bad/guilty.....

Quote Originally Posted by debirlfan View Post
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny

To quote from the above,
    "Not only can a phone be taken over remotely, the phones can be reprogrammed, remotely, to look like they are still off."

So - how do we know that it was actually TH sexting the naughty pictures from her phone to Cook, and not someone else who had hijacked her phone sending photos that were already on the phone (perhaps that she had shared with her husband) and pretending to be her?

I've always thought that the whole sexting story sounded hinky, but I couldn't quite figure out how the photos could have been sent without TH's knowledge - this would explain how it could happen. If someone wanted to make her look bad/guilty.....
    With all due respect, TH doesn't need any help to look bad. Just don't help in a missing child investigation. That will do the trick.

For this theory to be feasible, we would have to assume that MC and TH never got flirtatious or referenced the texts/pics in person. As much as he was visiting her house to deliver food, I highly doubt that scenario.
    "I have to clarify one thing... Ms. Drane-Burdick is not Mr. Baez's secretary." - Jeff Ashton, 7/15/10

Just curious what the extent of this is, and where the phone ping might originate if being operated remotely?

MC himself admitted to an "inappropriate" relationship, though denies having sex with TH.

I am sure LE would be able to tell if this happened.

Respectfully, seriously doubt she is being railroaded, yet again.

I can tell you that it is extremely unlikely (somewhere between pigs flying and hell freezing over) that Terri was in communication with someone who has the technical knowledge to do this. There are probably fewer than 100 people in the world that can accomplish this task, and that is a very generous guess.

The pictures and the time they are taken and sent would tell the story. Every photo has a foot print. If the photos were sent in the middle of communications or sexting and being monitored by LE I think it is pretty safe to say the photos were sent by Terri.

Michael Cook at any rate has given up much in the paper and admitted just about everything except sleeping with Terri. I'm sure LE knows exactly where the photos came from and on what date they were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    MC himself admitted to an "inappropriate" relationship, though denies having sex with TH.
    It wouldn't be the first time someone faked intimacy with a POI in hopes of learning confidential information. Share a few glasses of wine, use her phone while she's in the potty? Sounds plausible to me.

Sorry again if I'm doing this wrong, but this cites some examples of people doing this using available technology that works with GPS enabled phones (pretty much any smart phone)?

http://www.womensenews.org/story/061...-abusers-reach

If I did something wrong, please let me know, and show me how to do it better? Still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by rnmif View Post
    Sorry again if I'm doing this wrong, but this cites some examples of people doing this using available technology that works with GPS enabled phones (pretty much any smart phone)?

http://www.womensenews.org/story/061...-abusers-reach

If I did something wrong, please let me know, and show me how to do it better? Still learning.
    The guy in this article just used a gps enabeled phone to monitor his wife's whereabouts. He wasn't spying through her cell phone, although that is about the only thing he didn't do.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Security expert Robert Siciliano says he gets countless e-mails from victims of cell phone spying.

"When somebody remotely activates your phone, you're not going to know it and they can use that phone to monitor the conversations in the room you're in," he said. "Your phone could be sitting next to you while you are watching TV, and somebody can actually log into your phone and can actually watch what you are watching on television."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/cell-phone...0020677&page=1
    March 8, 2010

I assume they could watch you do a lot of private things. Ick!

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    For this theory to be feasible, we would have to assume that MC and TH never got flirtatious or referenced the texts/pics in person. As much as he was visiting her house to deliver food, I highly doubt that scenario.
    If MC was in on the plan, he certainly wouldn't have said anything - and visiting the house could have further have been part of the plan.

I think the bawdy messages and photos did indeed take place between Terri and MC and perhaps were in lieu of a physical affair that they could not find the privacy to accomodate and I do not believe for a moment that this guy is anyone LE would take under their wing as an undercover.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I think the bawdy messages and photos did indeed take place between Terri and MC and perhaps were in lieu of a physical affair that they could not find the privacy to accomodate and I do not believe for a moment that this guy is anyone LE would take under their wing as an undercover.
    LE might not - but would Kaine?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast