1034 users online (196 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

Please continue here. The rules posted in previous threads still apply.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 04:27 AM. Reason: fixed broken links
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I think my thought on the direct quote thing was that IF it is true, BB told SOMEONE that she WOULD call when she got close to home. Which again, tells me she intended on going back home. Not running away.....

IMO, the quote tells me she was planning on going home when she last spoke with JW. We don't know what transpired after that, a change of heart, foul play, an accident. LE has not ruled anything out so those are still all possibilities.

jmo
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Right now the person I would consider the possible POI or possible suspect who is highest on my hinky meter is the person who had been blackmailing BB. The black mail info has come from numerous verified members.

If BB was going to report this person, it is likely he was interested in shutting her up to keep himself out of trouble. I have no idea what the repercussions would be possible prison time? That would be motive enough imo.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Right now the person I would consider the possible POI or possible suspect who is highest on my hinky meter is the person who had been blackmailing BB. The black mail info has come from numerous verified members.

If BB was going to report this person, it is likely he was interested in shutting her up to keep himself out of trouble. I have no idea what the repercussions would be possible prison time? That would be motive enough imo.
    Since i'm not in that info loop... what was she being blackmailed about?

It seems to me that we are just going around in circles, somewhat like a dog chasing its tail. The "train story" comes up, goes away, comes up, goes away. I don't recall ever hearing SB saying that Beth was taking the train, and I have always questioned whether that's what JW really told the cops. That isn't what JW told me. JW told me that Beth never intended to take the train.

Why is the Illinois State Police involved? Or is it? If Woodstock PD is the "lead" investigatory agency, I don't see the I.S.P. reporting to it.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the dog needs to let go of its tail. We need to follow Vince Lombardi's advice and "Go back to the basics."

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne2 View Post
    It seems to me that we are just going around in circles, somewhat like a dog chasing its tail.
    Agreed. The question, then, in my mind, becomes: Is it by coincidence, or by design?

My head is just spinning I don't know what is up or down anymore....

so.... where do we start?

Quote Originally Posted by 2catlady View Post
    Since i'm not in that info loop... what was she being blackmailed about?
    Breifly, proof of an affair. Beth paid this person a lot of money to keep this quiet. More than 20 grand......

Since no one has come forward to make this public that is all I wish to share.....
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Breifly, proof of an affair. Beth paid this person a lot of money to keep this quiet. More than 20 grand......

Since no one has come forward to make this public that is all I wish to share.....
    Well, that certainly changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by r131313 View Post
    Agreed. The question, then, in my mind, becomes: Is it by coincidence, or by design?
    IMO by design.... IMO, people are too scared or don't want to be found out as we have many in the group of friends as verified.

On another note, many thought JAL was the atty for SS for his crimes previously posted. That is not the case. If one clicks on all the info found they will see an entirely different name of an atty who represented SS for those crimes.

Too much jumping to conlusions imo...... I will mention the GREAT Dr. Doogie..... from Anna Waters forum. Dr. Doogie sleuths when he has an idea and only posts AFTER he finds confirmation to support his theory or to post he had a theory researched it and found nothing to support the theory. Dr. Doogie is one of my WS seasoned mentors here at WS.

JMO
    ~JMO~

Cub, in reply to several of your posts at once...

OMGosh.. my head is spinning!!!!

Where did all this blackmail stuff come from? Is it a rumor? Are you saying several verified members have shared this with you and now you are sharing what you feel is appropriate? I dont understand the post? I dont remember anyone saying JAL represented SS for that case, maybe another??

Im really am losing all my marbles.
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

Thanks Cubby.... You make my head hurt I wish you would share more. What you have shared has enlightened me. At least now I'm 99% sure that I was right about JW.

What you have shared about the 20K also explains why people are in CYA mode. 20K sounds a bit "stiff" for covering up an affair seems like something else was going on there besides an affair.

People can explain SBs lack of media presence and the fact that maybe he didn't know about the affairs, but when your wife is paying out 20K you know it or she has hella private funds. (which could also fund her just disappearing) So either BB has access to a large amount of money that SB wouldn't notice missing or SB knew all about it. Either way it doesn't look good imo.

IMO
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

I'm so dizzy my head is spinning.....

Dizzy -Vic Reeves

Dizzy,
    I'm so Dizzy, my head is spinning
    Like a whirlpool, it never ends
    And it's you girl, making it spin
    you're making me dizzy

I'm an oldies fan....

Black mailer from what I heard had documentation to prove this affair, and threatened to out the info. Apparently Beth paid this person a lot of money to keep the affair quiet. I do not know who this blackmail person is.....

I do know, 3rd party, that this info has been given to LE.

That is all I have...... and it makes me dizzy why this is part of the apparent secrets.... IMO, It is a secret out of fear and retaliation from the inner circle.

Fear and intimidation stinks...... There are ALWAYS ways to get around that. BTDT..... Heck, I met assasinated mobsters back in the day. John F' gunned down in 86- Cermak Ave. I think it was broadview or Cicero, forget the exact town.. . But that is OT to Beths case.

There are always ways to lay low... and read the situation.AND REPORT TIPS - all you do is listen, let everyone tell how they did this or that, and you learn. Oh, do you learn while staying out of trouble.

I never had any info on any old mafia crimes... just met a few peeps back in the day.

JMO
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-04-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne2 View Post
    It seems to me that we are just going around in circles, somewhat like a dog chasing its tail. The "train story" comes up, goes away, comes up, goes away. I don't recall ever hearing SB saying that Beth was taking the train, and I have always questioned whether that's what JW really told the cops. That isn't what JW told me. JW told me that Beth never intended to take the train.

Why is the Illinois State Police involved? Or is it? If Woodstock PD is the "lead" investigatory agency, I don't see the I.S.P. reporting to it.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the dog needs to let go of its tail. We need to follow Vince Lombardi's advice and "Go back to the basics."
    ETA: I don't push the boundaries with the neighbor.... so unless I/We find evidence to ask about the FBI I'll just go with what we know from other cases here at WS.

MY ISP (SWAT) neighbor was there when they busted Drew Peterson. We've been neighbors almost 20 years. I keep the info he shares with me under wraps about many cases. My son has seen a lot of cool under cover stuff vehicles since we are neighbors. HE is my source that yes, ISP is on this case.

ISP IS involved with this case because Beth's case expands beyond one city within the state. The FBI may be involved and still under wraps if there is evidence of a crime which crossed state lines.

hth
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-04-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    ~JMO~

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast