974 users online (198 members and 776 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298

    IDI Only thread--A question

    I guess not all of us agree with each other in all aspects of the case but with this scenario I have a question.

    It is my opinion that everyone associated with the case realizes IDI. I think they have already told us actually. Some of us get really frustrated with RDI arguments. And now, I, even get frustrated at myself everytime I try to reason with them. It always just makes me get angry.

    So lets say, the police get a DNA match and it becomes pretty obvious that they have the right guy. And it ain't associated at all with a Ramsey being an accompliss.

    Should we rub it in their faces? Should we get a pass from bannings so we can let them know just how they perceive logic needs to change for them in the future? If it did turn out RDI, I think they should be able to call me any name or say anything to me without banning. Can we make a deal with the mods that however the case turns out either RDI or IDI gets to have a free for all on the other?
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    86
    I'm trying to read all I can about this case to get caught up to everyone else. I'm keeping an open mind right now. I just want to see the perpetrator(s) brought to justice. It's ridiculous that it has almost been 14 years, and no one has been charged.

    RDI's and IDI's should be able to make their points and have a healthy back-and-forth discussion of the evidence and whom it points to. Some of the snarkiness on here, I just don't understand. We all just want to see this thing solved. Save your true anger for all the people who don't give a flip about this girl and finding her murderer(s) anymore. Rub their faces in it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by freshwater View Post
    I'm trying to read all I can about this case to get caught up to everyone else. I'm keeping an open mind right now. I just want to see the perpetrator(s) brought to justice. It's ridiculous that it has almost been 14 years, and no one has been charged.

    RDI's and IDI's should be able to make their points and have a healthy back-and-forth discussion of the evidence and whom it points to. Some of the snarkiness on here, I just don't understand. We all just want to see this thing solved. Save your true anger for all the people who don't give a flip about this girl and finding her murderer(s) anymore. Rub their faces in it.

    Thanks for your response. I agree with you that we don't seem to have healthy discussions anymore.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I agree with you that we don't seem to have healthy discussions anymore.
    We try, but it's hard when you call people snakes.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    DeeDee,

    Before you keep posting this crap on all these threads, I suggest you read below and figure out who actually referred to who as a snake at first. I will be waiting on your apology.

    Roy23


    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    We try, but it's hard when you call people snakes.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roy23
    How do you figure Chameleon?

    You're right. You never pretended to be anything else. I fooled myself, just like always. I keep trying to handle snakes, and they always bite me.


    Quote:
    I mean it is crystal clear that RDI doesn't even factor in the case anymore unless they hired someone.

    We'll see, sir. We'll see.


    Quote:
    The whole case has changed and everybody has done an about face who is investigating.

    Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.


    Quote:
    Nobody in the know is talking or complaining anymore.

    I figure we do enough of that for everybody.


    Quote:
    They are gonna get him Dave.

    I certainly hope so.


    Quote:
    I am frustrated that you won't open your mind to see all the signs of a case on track.

    Well, what frustrates me (among MANY other things) is that you don't seem to understand that I don't see the signs of a case on track because, to me, they aren't there.
    __________________
    From hell's heart I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    That was pretty confusing, because it isn't clear whose quote was whose. But the first quote seems like it is yours.
    But in your post on that thread, it seems pretty clear you are referring to a snake as someone who would write a book expressing the opinion that the Rs were responsible for the death of their daughter (a lie in your opinion). It wasn't someone else's words, I don't think. It reads like they were YOUR words.
    If it was NOT your own post, my apologies. If it WAS your own words, then I am not the one that needs to apologize. There is no need to call anyone names.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    That was pretty confusing, because it isn't clear whose quote was whose. But the first quote seems like it is yours.
    But in your post on that thread, it seems pretty clear you are referring to a snake as someone who would write a book expressing the opinion that the Rs were responsible for the death of their daughter (a lie in your opinion). It wasn't someone else's words, I don't think. It reads like they were YOUR words.
    If it was NOT your own post, my apologies. If it WAS your own words, then I am not the one that needs to apologize. There is no need to call anyone names.
    No need to apologize at all, DD. Something I said metaphorically was taken completely the wrong way. Even if I HAD meant it as he suggests, it pales next to words like "morons," "clowns," "nimrods," etc.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    No need to apologize at all, DD. Something I said metaphorically was taken completely the wrong way. Even if I HAD meant it as he suggests, it pales next to words like "morons," "clowns," "nimrods," etc.
    Now Dave--lets not backtrack. You referred to dialogue with me as you having to handle snakes. And that was after you called me directly a chamelion. I could refer to my comments as a metaphor as well since you don't have a book published on this case. I don't want to be banned here like has happened with others. And did I not also even say assuming you are right, I would consider you a genius.

    It is my opinion, based on what I consider to be common sense, that the RDI option is forever the wrong option. And it wasn't for a lack of trying. I mean we are all interested in forensics and crime shows right. We see where the police get it wrong all the time on these shows. We also see where family members usually are the culprits. But, in this case, they threw the kitchen sink at the Ramsey's for 12 years.

    I get you have to follow your heart and believe what it tells you. But, the idea of writing a book to the public when you don't know what evidence they have now seems arrogant. I mean it seems that law enforcement is looking for an intruder now and I imagine there are reasons for it beyond what anyone knows. Assuming they are good reasons do you not feel any remorse for the Ramsey's for being treated as they were after losing a child. And if you somehow did pour more gas on the fire would you not feel bad for doing it?

    That was kind my frustration in suggesting the free for all yesterday. If IDI, I would like the opportunity for John Ramsey to give RDI's the business for a day or so on here. If RDI, I will come here and take my medicine and call all of you geniuses.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    John Ramsey has been giving everyone "the business" for fourteen years, regardless of who killed his daughter. The one time he should have exhibited real emotion on her killer (the arrest of JMK), he tried to empathize with him. There is a snake involved with this case, but it's not anyone on this board!
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    John Ramsey has been giving everyone "the business" for fourteen years, regardless of who killed his daughter. The one time he should have exhibited real emotion on her killer (the arrest of JMK), he tried to empathize with him. There is a snake involved with this case, but it's not anyone on this board!
    John Ramsey just said that we should hold off on judging Mr. Karr until there was more pointing to him as the killer. Mr. Ramsey was right on that as he knows how it is to be wrongly accused. But I don't feel bad for Mr. Karr as he claimed he knew what happened to JBR.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034
    I come here to read about the case only, so I don't feel the need to thumb my nose at other members. When/If a person unrelated to the Ramsey's is ever arrested, I don't think anyone will have to say "I told you so" to anyone else.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    480
    A "fence sitters only" thread, well make that a forum, would be nice.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Now Dave--lets not backtrack.
    Good idea.

    You referred to dialogue with me as you having to handle snakes.
    You do realize I was speaking metaphorically, right? I was referring to my own shortsightedness. In hindsight, it might have been better to have used the old "scorpion-frog" analogy. Quite simply, I was referring to the tendency for some IDIs to single me out as "different" and "worthy of praise" only to turn on me viciously for no apparent reason. (That is, not apparent to me.)

    And that was after you called me directly a chamelion.
    And I quickly retracted it. Again, I realized that the problem lay with me, not you. I was wrong, and I admit it.

    I could refer to my comments as a metaphor as well since you don't have a book published on this case. I don't want to be banned here like has happened with others.
    I don't want that either. I tried to warn those others, just like I'm trying to warn you.

    And did I not also even say assuming you are right, I would consider you a genius.
    Yes, you did. But one could go either way on that, Roy. Just the way it's worded leaves a sort of underlying "you're either a genius or you're a damned fool" theme.

    It is my opinion, based on what I consider to be common sense, that the RDI option is forever the wrong option.
    We get that.

    And it wasn't for a lack of trying.
    You might get some argument there, but I get you.

    I mean we are all interested in forensics and crime shows right. We see where the police get it wrong all the time on these shows.
    It's often been pointed out that those shows are very misleading.

    We also see where family members usually are the culprits.
    You don't need crime shows to illustrate that. The Justice Department stats will do it just fine in real life.

    But, in this case, they threw the kitchen sink at the Ramsey's for 12 years.
    Did they really? I've often heard that argument, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'm puzzled as to how anyone can claim that with what the DA's office did and failed to do. The FBI, the Georgia police, and guys like Steven Pitt and Tom Haney all told the BPD and BDA to be much tougher on the Rs than they already were. I myself have often pointed out just how different the outcome might likely have been had the prosecutors in charge been people similar to Rudy Giuliani.

    Don't get me wrong: you're free to make that argument. I just don't see it.

    I get you have to follow your heart and believe what it tells you.
    I would expect nothing less from anyone.

    But, the idea of writing a book to the public when you don't know what evidence they have now seems arrogant.
    It's funny you say that, Roy, because it was the arrogance of a lot of the people involved that prompted me to write it in the first place. So is it arrogant? Yeah, maybe. I realize I'm sticking my neck out.

    I mean it seems that law enforcement is looking for an intruder now and I imagine there are reasons for it beyond what anyone knows. Assuming they are good reasons do you not feel any remorse for the Ramsey's for being treated as they were after losing a child. And if you somehow did pour more gas on the fire would you not feel bad for doing it?
    Assuming they ARE good reasons (and I have seen nothing to demostrate that), yeah, I'd be despondent over it. The question is: if they're not good reasons, how can I be expected to keep my mouth shut?

    That was kind my frustration in suggesting the free for all yesterday.
    I gathered. I was pretty angry too, when I suggested that you get one.

    If IDI, I would like the opportunity for John Ramsey to give RDI's the business for a day or so on here.
    A full month wouldn't be enough.

    If RDI, I will come here and take my medicine and call all of you geniuses.
    Until then, I'm willing to put away the brass knuckles and switchblades if you are.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    John Ramsey has been giving everyone "the business" for fourteen years, regardless of who killed his daughter. The one time he should have exhibited real emotion on her killer (the arrest of JMK), he tried to empathize with him. There is a snake involved with this case, but it's not anyone on this board!
    I'm just glad that someone ELSE pointed that out before me.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Good idea.



    You do realize I was speaking metaphorically, right? I was referring to my own shortsightedness. In hindsight, it might have been better to have used the old "scorpion-frog" analogy. Quite simply, I was referring to the tendency for some IDIs to single me out as "different" and "worthy of praise" only to turn on me viciously for no apparent reason. (That is, not apparent to me.)



    And I quickly retracted it. Again, I realized that the problem lay with me, not you. I was wrong, and I admit it.



    I don't want that either. I tried to warn those others, just like I'm trying to warn you.



    Yes, you did. But one could go either way on that, Roy. Just the way it's worded leaves a sort of underlying "you're either a genius or you're a damned fool" theme.



    We get that.



    You might get some argument there, but I get you.



    It's often been pointed out that those shows are very misleading.



    You don't need crime shows to illustrate that. The Justice Department stats will do it just fine in real life.



    Did they really? I've often heard that argument, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'm puzzled as to how anyone can claim that with what the DA's office did and failed to do. The FBI, the Georgia police, and guys like Steven Pitt and Tom Haney all told the BPD and BDA to be much tougher on the Rs than they already were. I myself have often pointed out just how different the outcome might likely have been had the prosecutors in charge been people similar to Rudy Giuliani.

    Don't get me wrong: you're free to make that argument. I just don't see it.



    I would expect nothing less from anyone.



    It's funny you say that, Roy, because it was the arrogance of a lot of the people involved that prompted me to write it in the first place. So is it arrogant? Yeah, maybe. I realize I'm sticking my neck out.



    Assuming they ARE good reasons (and I have seen nothing to demostrate that), yeah, I'd be despondent over it. The question is: if they're not good reasons, how can I be expected to keep my mouth shut?



    I gathered. I was pretty angry too, when I suggested that you get one.



    A full month wouldn't be enough.



    Until then, I'm willing to put away the brass knuckles and switchblades if you are.

    Sure Dave. I will put away the brass knuckles. We are just not able to debate this cause we get frustrated. I am gonna let you have it one day though when they solve this case. I am 100% certain of it. But, like I said, I expect you to really give me the business if I am wrong. And believe me, I will take it like a man because I would have deserved it. And I mean that because this DNA is open and shut this case in my mind. And you know what I think about you guys who keep criticizing it.

    Until that day ...........
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Question and Answer thread
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:02 AM
  2. Question and Answer Thread **No Discussion**
    By kbl8201 in forum Jaycee Lee Dugard
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM