1200 users online (254 members and 946 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    No mention either way of children
    snipped and bolded by me

The report says:
    Small white mole on right side of bridge of nose. Small brown mole to right of umbilicus. Stretch marks characteristic of childbirth.

So sad there are so many unidentifieds....their families must wonder what happened to them

Quote Originally Posted by mortytbusybody View Post
    What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
    1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
    2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works. *WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.
    Your observation of Gloria's facial features are very good!
    I think this is an over all facial likeness. It does appear to me without a closer look at the photo, that Gloria has a scar below her L eyebrow which is not apparent on the image of the UID. That would be our viewing right. I say that because some photos have been printed in reverse. I take nothing for granted.
    .02cents

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastLady View Post
    snipped and bolded by me

The report says:
    Small white mole on right side of bridge of nose. Small brown mole to right of umbilicus. Stretch marks characteristic of childbirth.

So sad there are so many unidentifieds....their families must wonder what happened to them
    I meant that there's no mention of whether Frances Morales, the missing woman, had children or not. There's mention of leaving her family, is all.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    According to the rules articulated by Cubby, if you start a thread using the "Submitted" or "Possible Match" flags, or if a specific UID and a specific MP are stated in the thread title, the discussion must be limited to that possible match only, and if anyone wishes to discuss a different MP, they must start a new thread (either a general discussion thread for a single UID, or another specific combination of 1 UID and 1 MP)
    Thank you Carl, that is exactly why I opened another thread for this Doe as both threads I found related to her were specifically created as "possible matches" to Miss Grimm. I hope I didn't offend you in any way, Mensch, I simply wanted to follow the rules of the forum and felt this young woman deserved her own thread for discussion.

Thank you Carl, that is exactly why I opened another thread for this Doe as both threads I found related to her were specifically created as "possible matches" to Miss Grimm. I hope I didn't offend you in any way, Mensch, I simply wanted to follow the rules of the forum and felt this young woman deserved her own thread for discussion.
    No offense taken mortybusybody.I just wanted to make it clear this case was submitted and did not understand that might be interpreted as no discussion necessary. The UID definately deserves a review. I must say it is not very helpful to just get a comment that the possible 'looks good' or no, it doesn't look like a match.....
    What is helpful is to say precisely WHY in either case. It is just as important to say what one sees in the comparison as to what they don't see. This helps hone the facial id skills.
    I was out most of the day and missed a call from a contact on this case. I am hoping it won't take long.

ETA.....Carl, I defer to your opinion on teeth. See anything similar in both. I know, there is little in the UID so it had to be enlarged. Also what I found is that in Linda's photos, there seems to be tow missing teeth - one on either side top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    No offense taken mortybusybody.I just wanted to make it clear this case was submitted and did not understand that might be interpreted as no discussion necessary. The UID definately deserves a review. I must say it is not very helpful to just get a comment that the possible 'looks good' or no, it doesn't look like a match.....
    What is helpful is to say precisely WHY in either case. It is just as important to say what one sees in the comparison as to what they don't see. This helps hone the facial id skills.
    I was out most of the day and missed a call from a contact on this case. I am hoping it won't take long.

ETA.....Carl, I defer to your opinion on teeth. See anything similar in both. I know, there is little in the UID so it had to be enlarged. Also what I found is that in Linda's photos, there seems to be tow missing teeth - one on either side top.
    Well I like the matches between the living photos and the post mortem in the curve of her forehead near her temples and the angle that the bones of her eye orbits take as they curve into her nose.

And it doesn't hurt the credibility of the match any that her narrative contains a suspicious looking guy with the means to transport her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    The chart on Jane Doe says that she was missing her #6 (i.e., her upper right lateral incisor) antemortem, and you can see that the tooth is missing. However, that is meaningless for comparison because the tooth could have been lost at any time between when Linda's photos were taken, and Jane Doe's death.

Regarding the possibility that Linda's two upper-lateral-incisors (7 and 10) are missing, I can't be sure. But that was my first impression - that Linda is missing her 7 and 10 and the canines came forward to close the gaps. In the only clear photo of Linda's teeth, the teeth in the 7 and 10 position look more pointed like canines. I'm not a dental expert though, and would not stick my neck out to say outright that they are canines.

In the Jane Doe PM photo, her #10 does not appear pointed, but that may be due to the bottom being obscured by her lower lip. Also, Jane Doe's teeth appear to have been poorly maintained, so some of the differences in their appearance may be the result of decay and plaque.

Thank you for your imput regarding Gloria Fedyshyn everyone. I went ahead and sent the possible match into Elizabeth Murray (the contact listed at Namus.) She responded that Gloria looked like a "promising" lead and that she would keep me informed.
    I'm really sold on their hairlines, though, I enlarged the two pictures slightly for a better comparison. See how they both have an off-center peak of hair on their right (our left) sides? (keep in mind their heads are tilted in opposite directions)

Hopefully between this submission and the other one for Linda Grimm we will find a name for this young woman soon!

Quote Originally Posted by reasypeasy View Post
    Well I like the matches between the living photos and the post mortem in the curve of her forehead near her temples and the angle that the bones of her eye orbits take as they curve into her nose.

And it doesn't hurt the credibility of the match any that her narrative contains a suspicious looking guy with the means to transport her.
    Good point, reasypeasy!
    Starting at bone structure/facial shape is very important. If that's wrong, then all else is irrelevant. There are only 51 (IIRC) human facial shapes. Then we have variations of those. Everything above the bone is subject to change....daily.
    I appreciate the comment on the narrative. That tells me you read the (limited) circumstances of the MP. This is important for obvious and sometimes not so obvious reasons.

The chart on Jane Doe says that she was missing her #6 (i.e., her upper right lateral incisor) antemortem, and you can see that the tooth is missing. However, that is meaningless for comparison because the tooth could have been lost at any time between when Linda's photos were taken, and Jane Doe's death.

Regarding the possibility that Linda's two upper-lateral-incisors (7 and 10) are missing, I can't be sure. But that was my first impression - that Linda is missing her 7 and 10 and the canines came forward to close the gaps. In the only clear photo of Linda's teeth, the teeth in the 7 and 10 position look more pointed like canines. I'm not a dental expert though, and would not stick my neck out to say outright that they are canines.

In the Jane Doe PM photo, her #10 does not appear pointed, but that may be due to the bottom being obscured by her lower lip. Also, Jane Doe's teeth appear to have been poorly maintained, so some of the differences in their appearance may be the result of decay and plaque.
    Thanks Carl. I can't be sure either, but my first impression was that a tooth on either side (upper) was missing. But prior to that observation I noticed the two front teeth and the slight rounded appearance of the Upper R on both the UID and the MP. None of this means a match, or is even important when taken out of the total appearance of both the UID and the MP. However, it is a reference point.

Thank you for your imput regarding Gloria Fedyshyn everyone. I went ahead and sent the possible match into Elizabeth Murray (the contact listed at Namus.) She responded that Gloria looked like a "promising" lead and that she would keep me informed.
    I'm really sold on their hairlines, though, I enlarged the two pictures slightly for a better comparison. See how they both have an off-center peak of hair on their right (our left) sides? (keep in mind their heads are tilted in opposite directions)

Hopefully between this submission and the other one for Linda Grimm we will find a name for this young woman soon!
    Hi mortybusybody. Thanks for posting the photos. I just wanted to comment on hair lines for anyone using them of reference. Many times there is hair loss, even in the very early stages of decomp, obviously changing the the victim's normal characteristic. Also the coroner will have to shave part of the hairline to uncover and identify type of trauma.

It is not clear to me if this is the case in this UID, but what I do see in the MP is a wider, more square head and stronger facial features, particularly around the orbital/temple area.
    Have you noted any similarities between this MP and the UID?

One thing that catches my attention is the vertical scar at Gloria's left temple, and there seems to be a scar in the same location for Jane Doe. They also have matching moles just above the inside corner of the left eye.

However the one thing that bothers me is that large spot at the center of the bridge of Gloria's nose that appears to be the a mole/freckle and not a temporary blemish. I see no sign of it on Jane Doe, and she doesn't appear to have enough make-up on her face to hide it if it was there.

One thing that catches my attention is the vertical scar at Gloria's left temple, and there seems to be a scar in the same location for Jane Doe. They also have matching moles just above the inside corner of the left eye.

However the one thing that bothers me is that large spot at the center of the bridge of Gloria's nose that appears to be the a mole/freckle and not a temporary blemish. I see no sign of it on Jane Doe, and she doesn't appear to have enough make-up on her face to hide it if it was there.
    I do see what appears to be a scar below and outside edge of the L brow, but I do not see one at the temple. There is a vertical line from the hairline (UID down to the brow bone more visible on the L side and this is "line" is consistent with a cranial indentation that is a normal characteristic of her head shape. This can be explained better alongside the two other photos of Gramm who has this prominent rounded head formation.
    I do see the mole (center bridge) of the MP and as you stated does not appear to be a temporary blemish and it concerns me as does the mark under the MP's brow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

***Sorry to get off topic here, but I need to say I received a ruling this morning (higher and more strict than our courts) that I can no longer publicly comment on or post photos or comments on deceased persons. Religious reasons too complicated to comment on. This includes missing persons. I have been searching for the missing as a volunteer aside from private investigative work for a very long time and I knew I could not post anyone of my faith for public speculation. I just recently jumped off into public forums and more recently posted and commented on them. This is a ruling from my religious leader and it was made to stay within our guidelines of maintaining dignity of the deceased as well as all living persons.

So the scope of my discussion: "is to stay with family members and/or agencies involved for the purpose of resolving the issue with minimal discussion of private circumstances as well as limited and most discrete presentation of photographic material...." I am posting this so those who sincerely search for the missing and want to discuss possibilities, do not think I am ignoring their efforts or snubbing their questions or comments. I am allowed to and will post the outcome of my submission (without photos) when I receive the information form the anthropologist. I will continue to read here and comment within the boundaries I have yet to hear. My lack of input will not make a difference in the outcome here anyway. I read with much interest....

morty, you indicated you submitted the possible match of this UID with Gloria Fedyshyn back in August.

did you get any response? I don't see Gloria as a rule-out and the case is still active at Namus.

Did you ever hear back from them Snufamonbobball?
    I see that Linda Grimm is on the rule out list of the UID who is now in Namus, but it doesn't say why.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4768

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
    Fawn Abell 1969 Oklahoma
    Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
    Melissa Alaniz 1974 Texas
    Angela Ambrocio 1967 Florida
    Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
    Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
    Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
    Gina Brooks 1975 Missouri
    Peggy Case 1960 Utah
    Debra Cole 1969 Indiana
    Patricia Colyer 1948 Washington
    Cynthia Coon 1956 Michigan
    Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
    Rebecca Crist 1962 Virginia
    Eva Debruhl 1962 South Carolina
    Patricia Faulkner 1942 Georgia
    Wendy Felton 1971 Indiana
    Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
    Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
    Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
    Shannon Green 1969 Kentucky
    Linda Grimm 1961 California
    Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
    Clara Grunst 1963 Missouri
    Joan Hall 1966 Oregon
    Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
    Rebecca Kellison 1954 Colorado
    Kimberly King 1966 Michigan
    Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
    Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
    Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
    Tereasa Knuth 1958 Colorado
    Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
    Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
    Annabelle Ludwig 1941 Ohio
    Lynn Luray 1948 California
    Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
    Carolyn Martin 1957 Michigan
    Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
    Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
    Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
    Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
    Christine Miller 1958 Oklahoma
    Georgia Nolan 1946 Kentucky
    Kimberly Norwood 1976 Texas
    Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
    Jeanne Overstreet 1963 Arizona
    Jennifer Pandos 1971 Virginia
    Laurie Partridge 1957 Washington
    Babette Phillips 1959 Louisiana
    Madeline Ponds 1969 Mississippi
    Kathryn Quackenbush 1964 Maryland
    Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
    Angela Rader 1962 Virginia
    Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
    Donnis Redman 1943 California
    ROBBIN RICCI 1964 Florida
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
    Faye Self 1956 Louisiana
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
    Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
    Cindy Smith 1960 Florida
    Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
    Kimberly Thompson 1961 Illinois
    Edna Thorne 1960 Pennsylvania
    Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
    Doreen Vincent 1975 Connecticut
    Lisa White 1961 Connecticut
    April Zane 1960 Illinois

Kudos for them for not giving up and following up on many possibilities.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 02-16-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast