1288 users online (212 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Last I was told, they wanted to know if I had any information regarding surviving relatives of Ms. Grimm for DNA testing. I gave them all the info I had, and the ME told me they would be entering exclusions into NamUs.

Every rule out is one name closer to MATCH!!
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

Linda Grimm is on the official list of rule outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4768

A good possible match is being looked at in this case. Just working on dna.
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Wow- this is the 1st time I've seen her post-mortem. Linda Grimm wouldn't have even entered into my radar!

I like your possible match of Gloria by the way.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

I've been studying the pictures of Gloria and the UID woman and I see a lot of eerie similarities. The other thing too is that the quality of the picture of Gloria is not as good as the quality of the picture of the UID in terms of clarity and sharpness. That could be the reason someone couldn't see all of the birthmarks/scars on Gloria's face in comparison to the UID. This could be especially true if they are light freckles as the UID appears to have some on her cheeks.

But for the marks I can see, a lot of them seem to match up.

And in terms of hair color, Gloria's hair is listed as blonde and the UID woman's as brown with a red tint. But it also could also be dyed that color.

And my opinion on the scar that appears below the left eyebrow of the UID is that if you look at Gloria's picture, a lock of her hair seems to be covering the exact area where the scar would have appeared.

*************************A note of interest that I just found*****************

In Gloria's Doe Network profile, it says that
    Fedyshyn was involved in the sex trade and had tendencies toward drug abuse when she went missing.
    I found an interesting article from Unsolved.com discussing a serial killer from Ohio who was murdering prostitutes. Authorities believe this UID woman was his first victim. The link to the article is here:

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mu...ial_killer.htm
    Last edited by LilacStar79; 06-19-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something extra

Quote Originally Posted by mortytbusybody View Post
    What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
    1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
    2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works. *WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.
    I missed this thread last year when you posted about Gloria Fedyshyn being a possible match. (I think I was on vacation)... Anywho... wow I must say! I would really be surprised if this weren't a match! The dates are off, but I have seen that wrong before also.

I agree that it is very possible that 1993 is wrong. She supposedly was last seen in 1993 but was not reported missing until 2002. That is a gap of 9 years. I wonder what the reason was that they waiting so long and who it was that actually reported her missing. I think after a gap of time like that it would not be unreasonable to think that an eyewitness could be off by a few years. That could be especially true if the person was not particularly close to Gloria. I can think back to people I've run into on occasion. If you asked me when I saw them, I could think it was 2002 when it actually was 1999.

Another interesting thing I found online in relation to the date as to when she was last seen:

This website claims the last time Gloria was seen was January 1990. It is from the Joint Missing Womens Task Force from Vancouver.

http://www.missingpeople.net/task_fo...issing_wom.htm

other than the distance from British Columbia to Ohio, Gloria has everything going for her in terms of being a match. the hair color does not bother me. I suspect most people with brown eyes do not have naturally blonde hair and if Gloria was literally on the road for 4 months, I doubt dyeing her hair was a priority.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Seifsister View Post
    A good possible match is being looked at in this case. Just working on dna.
    I know it's probably much too soon, but was there any updates with this?

Quote Originally Posted by LilacStar79 View Post
    I know it's probably much too soon, but was there any updates with this?
    Hoping almost anytime. They expedited the dna . I am in contact with the family of the possible match and they will call me when they hear something.
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

Transposed Postmortem

I don't know if anyone already pointed this out, but I think the Postmortem might be transposed... notice that if you flip it horizontally the scar on her cheek lines up perfectly to Gloria's. I can't figure out how to show the overlays, but I also noticed that more of the moles line up when the PM is flipped.
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

I don't think that's a scar on her cheek, but rather, a crease from postmortem sagging. There is no mention of a scar on her NamUs page. While that is not definitive (important info is omitted all the time), they do mention the moles on each side of the bridge of her nose. One would think that if there was a scar that large, it would be mentioned along with the moles.

It appears that Gloria has a small mole at the crease of her right eyelid near the nose. But while that blemish is pretty close to the two moles on the Jane Doe, it doesn't exactly match up to either one, regardless of whether or not the photo is transposed.

Moles on the UID that aren't on the MP aren't a problem. People can develop moles over time. But moles on the MP that aren't on the UID are more of a problem because although they can be removed, they don't typically disappear by themselves.

Moles can develop very quickly during pregnancy...
    That divot in Gloria's cheek is what I am noticing, more so than the UID. It looks very much like a similar divot my childhood friend had in one cheek after her cheek muscle was injured, but there was no scar. just a very pronounced dimple.

One more note, when I was making a reconstruction foe this UID I noticed that the postmortem appears to be retouched slightly, which may explain a transposed image and some moles wiped out unintentionally?
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

Marks on the UID's face could also be from beating. If I am not mistaken, didn't she die from blunt force injuries to the face and neck?

And it also seems the quality of the MP photo appears grainy. That may account for marks seemingly appearing or not appearing to match up.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast