TX TX - Heather Pope, 29, Royse City, July 2010

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
August 4, 2010

Woman's body found

The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office has begun a murder investigation after finding the remains of a woman in the Duck Cove area along the shores of Lake Tawakoni.

“It was definitely a homicide, for sure,” said Sheriff Randy Meeks.

The identity of the victim had not been confirmed as of Wednesday evening, although it was believed to be a woman recently reported missing from the same area.

“She has been missing for about two weeks now,” Meeks said.

The body was discovered after deputies were called to a vacant house on Cedar Hill Road, in a residential subdivision

http://heraldbanner.com/local/x1243786801/Womans-body-found

August 4, 2010

Woman's body found

The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office has begun a murder investigation after finding the remains of a woman in the Duck Cove area along the shores of Lake Tawakoni.

“It was definitely a homicide, for sure,” said Sheriff Randy Meeks.

The identity of the victim had not been confirmed as of Wednesday evening, although it was believed to be a woman recently reported missing from the same area.

“She has been missing for about two weeks now,” Meeks said.

The body was discovered after deputies were called to a vacant house on Cedar Hill Road, in a residential subdivision

http://heraldbanner.com/local/x1243786801/Womans-body-found

The local link seems to be giving her id with the FB discussion.

another Dallas area article

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Womans-body-found-near-Lake-Tawakoni-99978639.html

Sheriff Randy Meeks said the victim appears to have suffered head trauma

Do we have a thread on her, here at WS?

I'll go look - I take it she was reported missing two weeks ago from the Dallas area, right?

Salem

ETA: I didn't find anything - I searched the first name found in the comments and Lake Tawakoni.

Funeral services are scheduled for Monday for 29-year-old Heather Leann Pope, of Royse City. Pope had been reported missing for about two weeks.

Autopsy results confirm she was murdered due to blunt force trauma to the head.

The body was discovered by Pope's father at a vacant house on Cedar Hill Road, in a residential subdivision off of Farm Road 751 in far south Hunt County.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9v3oAQ&usg=AFQjCNEqcFRfM55GRDCYAv8WFaynEUf0HQ

0000335860-01-2_004637.jpg

Rest in Peace Heather

I go to church with the Pope's. This is so sad, especially with Randall finding her. May God be with them during their time of grief.

I hope they are able to locate the person who did this to her and put them away for a long time.

There has been arrest made. From what I understand, it was someone who had gone to high school with her. I dont want to post more until I have the actual facts. As soon as I have a link with info, I'll post it.

snipped, "Deputies recovered items from the home and sent them to a laboratory for testing. “We haven’t got those back yet,” Meeks said.

Geez, it has been almost 4 months - that was back on Aug 2 - wth is taking so long? Obviously our crime labs need to start hiring more personnel - I find this totally ridiculous! :waitasec:

Ms. Pope's poor family, my gosh! I just could not imagine!

Whoa, the forum looks a lot different! I came across this case because I saw her mother's comment here: You Didn’t Deserve To Die

Sounds like she knows/strongly suspects who did it. Wonder who it was and why they haven't been arrested?

I go to church with the Pope's. This is so sad, especially with Randall finding her. May God be with them during their time of grief.

I hope they are able to locate the person who did this to her and put them away for a long time.

Was anything ever found out about who did this to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back