Wife Discovers Hubby's New Wife/Life on Facebook

oh_gal

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this story, so I'm tossing it out there for the rest of you.

I saw the wife on the Today show (was it yesterday?), and they had the husband on today. Not sure who's lying. Couple #1 got married in Italy. Is that going to have some bearing into why the marriage was never legal?

I find it odd (and perhaps it's just me) that couple #1 was married, living as a married couple, had kids, etc., and then, one day, he just hooks up with someone else, because they were never married.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-facebook-wife-learns-of-husbands-2nd-wedding

CLEVELAND - Dread of the unknown hung in the air as Lynn France typed two words into the search box on Facebook: the name of the woman with whom she believed her husband was having an affair.

Click. And there it was, the stuff of nightmares for any spouse, cuckolded or not. Wedding photos. At Walt Disney World, no less, featuring her husband literally dressed as Prince Charming. His new wife, a pretty blonde, was a glowing Sleeping Beauty, surrounded by footmen.

"I was numb with shock, to tell you the truth," says France, an occupational therapist from Westlake, a Cleveland suburb. "There was like an album of 200 pictures on there. Their whole wedding."

From the Today Show:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38572664#38572664
(his story)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38572664#38535436
(her story)

I just saw this on the Today show.....this is so weird....each side seems to be truthful....of course one is wrong and one is right and we are not privy to what is really going on.....this one is going to be interesting to say the least,lol

Now that's why I have the log in and password to DH's FB. All kidding aside, our marriage is an open book. I just can't imagine another spouse getting married because "the first one wasn't legal". I saw the interview - who would want to marry this guy? He just seems so sketchy (IMHO).

MOO

Mel

I'm not sure what has gone on with this, but I don't get a real "truthful" vibe from the husband and his new wife. He evaded some important questions, and the new wife was ridiculous when she said her facebook postings with the boys and her comments on there weren't flaunting the situation. Her facial expression said it all, smirking and simpering. Ick!

I'm sure the first wife is better off without him. He didn't look or act like someone a woman, let alone two women, would fight over. But the situation with the children seems intolerable, and I didn't believe the husband's version for a minute. I guess we'll have to wait and see how truthful he is.

But, in the meantime, his using the excuse that there was a "clerical error" negating his first marriage tells me an awful lot about his character.

This story just amazed me.

What happened to bigomy? Can't this guy be charged?

What about stealing the children? How does he think he's legally entitled to them?

What about the IRS? I assume there was a joint filing. Isn't he going to be in trouble if he now says the marriage wasn't legal?

I sincerely hope she has an attorney.

Finally, what about the new wife? Is she living in La-La Land? Cripes. I would have immediately headed to divorce court. How does she feel about the kids?

Checking the videos, what would any woman see in this guy anyway?

I agree that wife #2 is pretty full of herself -- no telling what Husband told her about wife #1 (not that it's true, just because he says it).

Going on looks alone**, yeah, I don't see what the big draw to this guy is, either. I'm thinking he has $$$. That "fairy princess" wedding must have cost a mint, not to mention the "Italy wedding gala."

**I hesitate to even mention the looks factor, since looks rate way down there on my list of husband requirements....but as curious outsiders, we don't have a whole lot else to go on.

Checking the videos, what would any woman see in this guy anyway?

I am going to take a guess that he is very well off. I presume that getting married (or maybe not) in Italy is not cheap.
Apparently since there are no official custody orders either one of them is entitled to the kids.
The first wive's mistake clearly was to take him back against her lawyers' advice.

I haven't seen the Today show video yet but did read the story on CNN this morning. I checked out the website they used to arrange their wedding in Italy and it seems completely on the up and up. Not saying mistakes don't happen but I think hubby is a jerk who didn't have the backbone to tell wife 1 he wanted out so he's trying to use "clerical error" as his safety net now that he's gotten himself into this situation.

And yeah, he's a bigamist. So why isn't that a crime?

What a train wreck! Only winners in this story are the lawyers -- what an interesting case!

This guy is a total slime dog and so is wife #2. She knew he was already married when she married him. If she bought the clerical error, she is an idiot.

What a sleaze he is! I saw in an article on msnbc that the guy now says he is seeking an annulment of the marriage from the first wife. If he was never legally married to her in the first place then why would he need an annulment?

What I want to know is - if his marriage to Lynn was never legal, then does he have proof of paternity? Because there goes the assumption that children born during their "union" are his offspring. He is guilty of kidnapping unless he's got evidence those are his biological sons.

The 2nd wife will get her own awakening when he tells her their marriage was a 'fairy tale' somewhere down the road.

Maybe that was his plan. Then "wife" number two doesn't have anything when he lines up the next one.

He strikes me as the kind of guy if he doesn't get his way, you may find a horse head in your bed.

Oh total sleaze!
IMO both he and his new bride deserve each other. I predict they'll both be miserable with each other soon.
I hope the first wife has a very good lawyer and is able to get her children back.

VB

It amazes me the sense of entitlement some people use to lead their lives and destroy others. I can hardly believe that anyone would take the chance of becoming wife #2, knowing how he discarded wife #1. I feel most sorry for the boys.

Wow! But at least it's not as bad as the episode I just saw of Forensic Files, where he killed his wife, to pay for the wedding a few days later to his new wife! The wedding invitations were mailed out before he killed her!!!

Wow! But at least it's not as bad as the episode I just saw of Forensic Files, where he killed his wife, to pay for the wedding a few days later to his new wife! The wedding invitations were mailed out before he killed her!!!

Well that's cerainly ballsey! And not so smart.
:cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back