8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

wondering1

Former Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the first thread about this topic in case someone needs it as a reference:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110905"]Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So now we know TWO friends gave her cell phones. Imo, that undermines the plausible explanations that have been offered quite a bit.

The link to the kgw article in the OP isn't working for me. It says the page could not be found. Is it working for anyone else?

ETA: TY Wondering- the link works now.

Do we know "when" these cell phones were purchased for TH? I think the "when" would be seriously significant if it was in the first few days following Kyron's disappearance.

I could understand if it was immediately following Kaine's filing for divorce or if her lawyer recommended it for whatever reason.

So now we know TWO friends gave her cell phones. Imo, that undermines the plausible explanations that have been offered quite a bit.

Or two friends heard that Kaine was monitoring her phone and independent of each other went and purchased her a cheap cell phone.

How soon after K's disappearance? Before Kaine moves out or after?... this is key!

Sources, including one who has spoken with investigators, told KGW that at least two friends of Terri's purchased cell phones for her in the days after Kyron’s disappearance

This is from the link-this was apparently done post the disappearance, provided these sources are correct.

Well, then. All I can say is that if this is true, this lady (TH) talks a good story. She will pretty much have dragged anyone and everyone she knows into this situation....

snip~

Sources, including one who has spoken with investigators, told KGW that at least two friends of Terri's purchased cell phones for her in the days after Kyron’s disappearance.

Investigators were calling those friends and others in front of the grand jury for sworn statements on what they did and why they did it.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sources-2-friends-gave-Terri-Horman-cell-phones-1000523
bold and red by me...

"at least" two friends...

wow...were there more than two?

Do we know "when" these cell phones were purchased for TH? I think the "when" would be seriously significant if it was in the first few days following Kyron's disappearance.

I could understand if it was immediately following Kaine's filing for divorce or if her lawyer recommended it for whatever reason.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Why would she need a 'bat phone' prior to the (public) estrangement with Kaine?

From the link (Thx Wondering - it works now!):

The grand jury in the Kyron Horman case was meeting again Thursday. The proceedings are secret but KGW has learned the focus was on the movements of Kyron's step-mom Terri Moulton-Horman, and at least one of her friends.

If the above is accurate info, then it could be confirmation of what the GJ is looking at. I wish the article named a source, but I know that's asking too much.

What I want to know is what kind of people give someone a cellphone (in a below-board kind of way) when it is common knowledge that that person is involved in a missing persons investigation? I can't even fathom saying to my friends, "hey, could you get me a few cell phones, so I can keep my conversations on the down low?"

Something smells rotten in the state of Oregon.

How soon after K's disappearance? Before Kaine moves out or after?... this is key!

I agree. But I also think the fact that she got two phones from two separate friends is significant in and of itself. Did they buy them almost simultaneously (i.e., she wanted two separate new cell phone #'s at once)? Or did she get one new cell from one friend, then decide LE was on to that new one, so got a second new cell from yet another friend? Or I suppose she might have expressed a need and two friends just happened to have each gotten her a new one separately and independently, without knowing there were two phones purchased. In which case, why did TH keep both? Did she not tell the friends that she now had two?....hmmm...just speculating, obviously.

Anyway you slice it, it sounds fishy to me. Although certain possible scenarious are more fishy then others. jmoo

FYI -- this link (to the story) no longer works.
But what kind of people give someone a cellphone (in a below-board kind of way) when it is common knowledge that that person is involved in a missing persons investigation?

Since I couldn't read the story, I could be way off base here.

My mistake in posting the link. I corrected it in the op. Sorry.

FYI -- this link (to the story) no longer works.
But what kind of people give someone a cellphone (in a below-board kind of way) when it is common knowledge that that person is involved in a missing persons investigation?

Since I couldn't read the story, I could be way off base here.

I thought it was just me so I didn't say anything about having the same problem. Wish I could read the article.

I read it to mean before Kaine left because he left "weeks" after, not days.

It seemed like the sentence allowed just enough ambiguity ('the days after') that a couple of weeks might be fall within the alluded to time-period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back