Chris Jenkins Story Will Be On Dateline Tonight.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

The second hour of tonight's Dateline is on Chris Jenkins.

Then at 10pm, Dateline presents:

A new kind of mystery story, which unfolds unlike any other. A college senior named Chris Jenkins is murdered on a chilly Halloween night. Now he comes alive to tell his own story, reconstructing the case in his own words. You'll listen to the pieces of the crime, hear the clues, and literally walk in Chris Jenkins's shoes. Can you help solve his mystery?

It's a true story that only the victim can tell. "Solve My Mystery: The True Story of Chris Jenkins."

Coming up Friday night at 9/8 Central on NBC.

This will be very interesting. :thumb:

The suicide theory is not nearly as absurd as they are making it sound. He had seen a psychologist because he was so despondent over losing his girlfriend. I'm not saying it's what happened but it definitely is a viable theory. JMO

watching it now

really good so far & told from Chris' pov

watching it now

really good so far & told from Chris' pov

Did they say how long after he disappears that they get the bloodhounds?

That serial killer thing is very interesting.

I'm gonna have to watch this again. Right now it appears that they are glossing over some things. He was thrown out of the bar but IIRC, and this why I want to watch the whole thing again, they don't mention why. These things can be important to the case.

I never heard about the guy online. I remember way back when the detectives (Smiley Case Murders) that were investigating said news was going to break...then nothing.

I never heard about the guy online. I remember way back when the detectives (Smiley Case Murders) that were investigating said news was going to break...then nothing.

Those guys may have screwed up the investigation more than they helped. Kristi Piehl no longer works with them.

How the body was found is very interesting.

I'm gonna have to watch this again. Right now it appears that they are glossing over some things. He was thrown out of the bar but IIRC, and this why I want to watch the whole thing again, they don't mention why. These things can be important to the case.

I was watching it, they did not mention why he was thrown out. I kept waiting for them to say it, but they didn't.

I don't think it was suicide.
The shoes on, the shirt tucked in.........

Found this "open" letter from his sister online...he was bounced out...doesn't seem as a reason was given...

http://www.footprintsofcourage.com/FILES/Sara's letter to 60 MN politicians.pdf

ETA: interesting...it mentions they found hair in his hand. I didn't watch the whole show...was this mentioned?

Yes the did talk about it. Dna was done and it was his own hair. That is one of the things that changed the cause of death from suicide to homicide. Sounds like some sort of involuntary reaction by the body during a traumatic death. Not something that would happen with a suicide.

Found this "open" letter from his sister online...he was bounced out...doesn't seem as a reason was given...

http://www.footprintsofcourage.com/FILES/Sara%27s%20letter%20to%2060%20MN%20politicians.pdf

ETA: interesting...it mentions they found hair in his hand. I didn't watch the whole show...was this mentioned?

There are a few things interesting in the sister's letter. An off duty police officer seems to have been the catalyst for Chris being kicked out of the bar. He wasn't questioned because they didn't want to upset his family. WTH?

Someone mentioned a break-up with a girlfriend as maybe a cause for depression, but the show and the letter both state the girlfriend was with Chris in the bar. I have seen 2 different accounts of where his wallet and cell phone were - behind the bar and being held by the gf. Was the gf aware that he was thrown out and did she leave soon after?

I don't know how much investigation was done at the bar, but it seems the tragedy may have been set in motion there.

There are a few things interesting in the sister's letter. An off duty police officer seems to have been the catalyst for Chris being kicked out of the bar. He wasn't questioned because they didn't want to upset his family. WTH?

Someone mentioned a break-up with a girlfriend as maybe a cause for depression, but the show and the letter both state the girlfriend was with Chris in the bar. I have seen 2 different accounts of where his wallet and cell phone were - behind the bar and being held by the gf. Was the gf aware that he was thrown out and did she leave soon after?

I don't know how much investigation was done at the bar, but it seems the tragedy may have been set in motion there.

IMO, what happened at the bar is probably 95% important to understanding this crime.

IIRC.....these were two different girlfriends. The one for which he had seen a counselor for a session or two was from a year or more earlier. The one in the bar was a new girlfriend. Someone please correct this if I have this confused with another case!!!

I have seen 2 different accounts of where his wallet and cell phone were - behind the bar and being held by the gf. Was the gf aware that he was thrown out and did she leave soon after?

Totally agree. I watched the Dateline and these were big questions that weren't answered. If he went to the bar with his girlfriend and another friend, why did they stay behind when he got kicked out? Why didn't he get his phone and wallet before leaving? Why didn't he have a coat in that weather?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back