1194 users online (236 members and 958 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Logic Land
    Posts
    766

    Th Denies having anything to do with Kyron's disappearance...??

    I just came across this in an ABC news story. But I haven't seen TH's denial elsewhere.

    "Terri Horman has remained steadfastly silent through most of the investigation, only releasing brief statements through her attorney that she did not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. "

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyr...ry?id=11303564

    Interestingly enough, at the end of the video, the presenter says that TH has neither admitted nor denied that she's involved, but that her attorney calls this a witch hunt.

    So their text says one thing, and it seems that their video says another.

    Has anyone else heard of any MSM saying that TH has denied being involved, via her attorney? To me, "witch hunt" does not equal "TH says she didn't do this."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    797
    Yes, Kat--to me, this is one of the big differences between Terri and Richard Jewell. Of course we all do not want to accuse a guilty person and let a real criminal go free, but I think what you say is important.

    Unless TH has told LE she is not guilty. We don't know about that possibility.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,492
    First of all this is third, fourth hand info, or more. Just more sensationalism for hits.

    Second of all, TH can not utter a peep, make a face, nothing. DS was correct to advise her to get an attorney. Her attorney is, appropriately, telling TH to say nothing, do nothing, look like nothing, and more about complete silence. If you guys think the facebook page supporting TH is from TH, figure out how to find out. I don't do facebook, myspace or any other wacky web stuff. However, if you know how you can figure it out.

    I am just saying, TH was told by KH not to say a word, then we get a lot of news from anyone but LE about TH doing something. Then TH goes for the inept lie detector tests, and finally gets wise to get an attorney. We don't know if she is involved. She may well have been, who knows. We do not.

    She would be wise to remain completely and utterly silent given the "witch hunt" that it is. I just hope the "hunters" have not set themselves up for a lifetime of payments.

    I would think since she raised Kyron she misses him and is shocked, scared, and then all the carp flying is even worse. She probably would like to say a lot after what has been thrown at her, but she cannot.

    She cannot, cannot, cannot say I miss Kyron, I am scared, I wish to help, please help find him, because KH shut her down immediately. So did DY and TY. We may never know sadly, but I feel she cared about Kyron, his pictures show a happy, well cared for boy. And only TH took care of him as we now know.
    Last edited by 21merc7; 08-06-2010 at 04:50 PM.

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Terri could and can, at any time -- past, present or future -- say anything she wants to say, no matter who (if anyone) -- attorneys, relatives, friends -- would prefer that she not speak. She is completely free to deny her guilt and proclaim her innocence. She could explain all that anyone wonders about -- the timeline, the phones, the LDT's, etc -- if she wanted to. She could beg for a kidnapper to bring Kyron back. She could point fingers at others. The only thing that could possibly have ever stopped her from speaking out is her own idea of what would be prudent for her for whatever reason.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,418
    I keep seeing comments that Kaine Horman told Terri Horman not to speak? Could I have a link please.

    This has become a problem and we have asked several times for links. We need an MSM source for this or posts are not going to be allowed to stand with this stated as fact rather than opinon.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 08-06-2010 at 05:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Logic Land
    Posts
    766
    One thing that really aggravates me. ABC is national MSM. But they're making a statement that no one else has, as far as I know. And that statement is *not* backed up by what the on-camera person says.

    Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    162
    I have never read anything at all from Terri saying she has had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, through her attorney or otherwise.

    As Kat says, the reporter conflicts with their own report. I have lost respect for all news agencies through this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    I keep seeing comments that Kaine Horman told Terri Horman not to speak? Could I have a link please.

    This has become a problem and we have asked several times for links. We need an MSM source for this or posts are not going to be allowed to stand with this stated as fact rather than opinon.

    Thanks.

    My google search came up with the link posted here. It's the first post in the "Terri Horman may talk to the media thread" lol. I knew I remembered reading that in msm. The link posted at WS is to the main news site only, but the article was snipped and quoted. I'm sure a google search of a snippet of the text would find the correct link.

    Terri Horman May Talk To Media

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Quote:
    Terri may talk to the media
    PORTLAND, Ore. – Terri Moulton Horman was “blindsided” by the divorce papers, according to a close friend.

    A friend of Terri who wished to remain anonymous, told KOIN Local 6 Kyron Horman’s step-mother was caught off guard when she was served divorce papers as well as a restraining order from her husband and Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman.

    “Terri didn’t know she was going to be hit with divorce papers or a restraining order,” the friend said.

    The friend said Terri may consider talking publicly and airing her side of the story.

    “She’s been doing what Kaine said all along and he’s been telling her to stay quiet. The public will benefit from hearing what she has to say.”
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/default.aspx

    Interesting a friend is saying TH has followed the advice her of her husband to stay quiet.....and that she may now talk to the media.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    962
    Here's the direct link to the msm article with TH's friend saying KH told her to stay quiet

    http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...FG4Q.cspx?p=17

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,418
    Thank You.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    I keep seeing comments that Kaine Horman told Terri Horman not to speak? Could I have a link please.

    This has become a problem and we have asked several times for links. We need an MSM source for this or posts are not going to be allowed to stand with this stated as fact rather than opinon.

    Thanks.
    I linked it in earlier today.


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5490716&postcount=23"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Has Terri ONCE said she misses Kyron or hopes returns safely?[/ame]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,490
    Hey, I just got done reading Dave Cullen's book Columbine, about that school shooting, its causes and aftermath. It's a freaking eye-opener, a textbook case about how mainstream media (usually cable television) creates and perpetuates myths and misinformation. In the Columbine case, the inept work of television reporters was only part of the story, as Cullen demonstrates that local politicians and law enforcement officers covered up a number of blunders, mostly pertaining to how earlier complaints to LE about one of the school shooters were ignored or underestimated. In addition, some groups knowingly spread what they knew was a false story in order to push their own agenda and that false story reverberated through the cable echo chamber.

    And what do we in the public have left as "evidence" if mainstream media sources are so inaccurate, sloppy, and riddled with error and innuendo? Cullen points to the good job (relatively) done by local newspapers--which we are in danger of losing. So we might need to look to the local print sources for the best information.

    Here's a link to the website of the author of the Columbine book. It's available through major retailers and as an e-book.
    http://www.davecullen.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,152
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    Here's the direct link to the msm article with TH's friend saying KH told her to stay quiet

    http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...FG4Q.cspx?p=17
    I wonder if this was one of the "friends" subpoenaed to the GJ.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Hey, I just got done reading Dave Cullen's book Columbine

    And what do we in the public have left as "evidence" if mainstream media sources are so inaccurate, sloppy, and riddled with error and innuendo? Cullen points to the good job (relatively) done by local newspapers--which we are in danger of losing. So we might need to look to the local print sources for the best information.
    I think that's part of why I'm so suspicious of the media. I took one journalism class in college from a scholarly gentleman who had worked in TV, radio and print news, and stuck to the old ethics like glue. I kind of assumed that most news outlets did. Recently I knew someone who had a situation where they were repeatedly interviewed by the news, and I was there for several of the interviews. I was shocked at how often the commentary directly contradicted (commented? The commentary commented???? Doh!!!!) the news footage they actually showed. they didn't even bother to check the footage they themselves shot to make sure their facts were accurate.

    It was a bit of a shock, and as you said, eye opening.

    I have come to think Grandma was right yet again, believe half of what you see (and can corroborate through multiple trustworthy sources) and (almost) none of what you hear.
    Last edited by rnmif; 08-06-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I'm a brain damaged idiot

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    Here's the direct link to the msm article with TH's friend saying KH told her to stay quiet

    http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...FG4Q.cspx?p=17
    Just keep in mind that the friend is actually saying that Terri told her (the friend) that KH told her (Terri) to stay quiet. The friend does not say that she heard KH telling anyone to stay quiet. This is Terri's friend's account of Terri's account of what Kaine supposedly said.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance
    By scandi in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 421
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
  2. Replies: 181
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 04:55 PM
  3. Replies: 420
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
  4. If Terri truly had no part in Kyron's disappearance...
    By cluciano63 in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:11 PM

Tags for this Thread