Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I also agree with pittsburghgirl. I followed a case here on WS a few years ago, it really opened my eyes as to how selective the 'evidence' released to the public could be. It's either because of the bias of the news agency, or control by LE. In that particular case, I saw both. It has made me view cases, entirely different than I did a few years ago.

Sadly to say, in that particular case, because of the manipulation of the evidence and how it was presented, or NOT, I feel there's a horrible injustice for the 'alleged,' although now admitted, (plea deal) perp.

To be honest, that's why in this case, I'm still not convinced as to what the heck happened to this child. But as STEADFAST said, IF it were me and I knew I had absolutely nothing to do with this crime, I would have a press conference of my own, permission from my attorney or not. He could sit next to me.

Course, that's just me,
    fran

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Just keep in mind that the friend is actually saying that Terri told her (the friend) that KH told her (Terri) to stay quiet. The friend does not say that she heard KH telling anyone to stay quiet. This is Terri's friend's account of Terri's account of what Kaine supposedly said.
    You gotta give the whole Whisper Down the Lane string.

The reporter retelling what the friend said that Terri said that Kaine said.

Then you gotta say it three times fast. lol

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Just keep in mind that the friend is actually saying that Terri told her (the friend) that KH told her (Terri) to stay quiet. The friend does not say that she heard KH telling anyone to stay quiet. This is Terri's friend's account of Terri's account of what Kaine supposedly said.
    I was just giving the link, no belief in the truth of it expressed or implied

However, I will say that it's consistent, imo, with KH's e-mail at the very beginning telling everyone at his work not to talk to the media, and his banning of the two news outlets from that one presser. Seems like his POV has changed quite a bit since then!

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wondering1 For This Useful Post:

The quote is rather ambiguous on that count. The part about "that's what Kaine has been telling her all along" could really go either way, but would seem to indicate the friend felt confident enough to present as first hand information.

This is one of those parse the words into bits things. Really wish there were a "more details" button on life.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rnmif For This Useful Post:

IMO it is also consistent with what KH discussed in one of the early pressers. He said that the family was silent at first because they wanted to keep the focus on Kyron and the investigation and because there were a lot of things to do in person, showing their gratitude for the people searching etc. He didn't say so in as many words but IMO it implies that there was some kind of family decision made to keep off the press. (But it doesn't say it was Kaine's idea and Terri was against it.)

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/...-kaine-horman/

Hope this link is allowed, it's a blog link with statement analysis but I'm just including it for the transcript of the interview.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 08-07-2010 at 04:04 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    I was just giving the link, no belief in the truth of it expressed or implied

However, I will say that it's consistent, imo, with KH's e-mail at the very beginning telling everyone at his work not to talk to the media, and his banning of the two news outlets from that one presser. Seems like his POV has changed quite a bit since then!
    When the media focuses on Terri's guilt based on what she is saying or not saying they are not focussing on other possible theories about what happened to Kyron. If Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance there is a greater chance that Kyron is alive. If so, the change in Kaine's POV would be completely unconscious and completely understandable.

Its completely understandable that the public doesn't want to consider other scenarios/suspects. The media, as professionals, has no excuse for their focus on Terri. The media should be focused on the facts, based on their sloppy reporting I don't think they are.

If Terri is innocent, she too has lost a child that she cares very deeply for. If she is innocent she doesn't have a suspect to focus on that is keeping Kyron alive. If Terri's lawyer is telling her that if she doesn't remain silent she may lose her baby girl too, to me her silence would completely understandable as well

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    We may never know sadly, but I feel she cared about Kyron, his pictures show a happy, well cared for boy. And only TH took care of him as we now know.
    So did Caylee
    ~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meagain For This Useful Post:

Wait, how do we know that only Terri took care of him?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

There was a stretch when Terri when Terri WAS talking to the media. The thumbs up, everything is peachy, the rumors about her impending divorce were not true, etc. Clearly if KH told her not to speak to the media, she wasn't following his orders.

Also, in the case that she is completely innocent, her attorney has decried the "witch hunt" without ever releasing a statement of innocence. In other words, if her atty spoke out enough about the case to say "it's a witch hunt!", then why not add the logical conclusion, "...my client had nothing to do with the disappearance of her step son." Surely that couldn't be *worse* for her image. Keeping Terri out of the spotlight is one thing, but even keeping quiet over official channels (attorney releasing a sanitized statement) feels very odd to me at this point.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:

I wish I knew what questions caused her to fail the polygraphs. They very well could have been nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, but once deception is established by the polygrapher, doubt is cast on every aspect.

As much as I would like to hear her side of the story, I think she is wise to remain silent now. I believe that LE set its sights on her from the getgo and made it abundently clear without coming out and saying so.

If she is indeed innocent of involvment with Kyron's disappearance, LE has given the true perp more than 2 months to cover his/her tracks. Not to mention, a child predator remains at large while a case is being built based upon innuendo and suspicion. Let's hope that they have sufficient evidence to justify their modality.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PaulaF513 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I also agree with pittsburghgirl. I followed a case here on WS a few years ago, it really opened my eyes as to how selective the 'evidence' released to the public could be. It's either because of the bias of the news agency, or control by LE. In that particular case, I saw both. It has made me view cases, entirely different than I did a few years ago.

Sadly to say, in that particular case, because of the manipulation of the evidence and how it was presented, or NOT, I feel there's a horrible injustice for the 'alleged,' although now admitted, (plea deal) perp.

To be honest, that's why in this case, I'm still not convinced as to what the heck happened to this child. But as STEADFAST said, IF it were me and I knew I had absolutely nothing to do with this crime, I would have a press conference of my own, permission from my attorney or not. He could sit next to me.

Course, that's just me,
    fran
    Why should she speak out?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    There was a stretch when Terri when Terri WAS talking to the media. The thumbs up, everything is peachy, the rumors about her impending divorce were not true, etc. Clearly if KH told her not to speak to the media, she wasn't following his orders.

Also, in the case that she is completely innocent, her attorney has decried the "witch hunt" without ever releasing a statement of innocence. In other words, if her atty spoke out enough about the case to say "it's a witch hunt!", then why not add the logical conclusion, "...my client had nothing to do with the disappearance of her step son." Surely that couldn't be *worse* for her image. Keeping Terri out of the spotlight is one thing, but even keeping quiet over official channels (attorney releasing a sanitized statement) feels very odd to me at this point.
    She was also leaving comments on a news website talking in first person.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to evelyn24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Why should she speak out?
    Fran didn't say she should. She said she (Fran) would if she were in that position and were innocent.

Most of us couldn't help ourselves (well, ok, I wouldn't be able to, personally.) I would want everyone to know that I darn well didn't have anything to do with it at all, and if they want to find my beloved step son, they should take the focus off of me, and start looking elsewhere!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmmagique For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post
    Fran didn't say she should. She said she (Fran) would if she were in that position and were innocent.

Most of us couldn't help ourselves (well, ok, I wouldn't be able to, personally.) I would want everyone to know that I darn well didn't have anything to do with it at all, and if they want to find my beloved step son, they should take the focus off of me, and start looking elsewhere!
    If Terri had said she was innocent, how many people convinced she was involved would simply say, "Oh my bad!" and believe her?

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    sbm

She spoke to a WW reporter. Sat with him on her property and chatted. Didn't run him off. The next day, 'no trespassing' signs were up.

Wonder who did that?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast